Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192995 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #825 on: August 20, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »

5986, eh? Bad place. A tachyon generator, while otherwise useless, can be used to telefrag anything marked &. This technique was perfected by Flynn Taggart, and his level 2365 marine of Doom.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 20, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »

Oh, do tell me when you're getting near the the Zephalyn system- I don't want my defenses to blow you up. Semi-automated destroyers work, but can be trigger-happy sometimes.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 27, 2012, 07:47:44 am »

they do sell cracked federation IFF kit on the black market, but if you botch their install they may start to be even more trigger happy until the last destroyer stand.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 27, 2012, 02:33:51 pm »

A tachyon generator is easily countered by a small fleet equipped with a catapult and some rabid ferrets, it's a n00b weapon.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 27, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

All you people and your fancy tech. I just say blow up anything that causes problems.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:03 pm »

I must say that these overpowered space battles do bore me. I miss the days when people would have one guy sneak into your base with a pack of teleport bacons which he would fry up in some remote, disused corner somewhere, so that, by the time you smelled it, a whole raid team would have already popped in. If you managed to put up enough portable walls before they could break into melee, everyone would start lobbing famine grenades over, since it was the fastest way to kill someone because the fort's hunger increase applied to everyone inside, and a famine grenade would (due to a coding error) quadricentuple that. Frankly, I doubt blowing someone up in a spaceship could be as satisfying as stabbing them in the face (with a swordfish, because it has such a high natural speed bonus).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 27, 2012, 04:18:20 pm »

Meh, for face-stabbings, I prefer to use small animals. Chinchillas in particular.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 27, 2012, 05:08:41 pm »

Ship boarding actions are almost as fun- use a torpedo to crash into their ship, fry the teleport bacon (suprisingly useful, especially in space), and send out the face blasters with their railguns and plasma shotguns.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 27, 2012, 10:01:37 pm »

Meh, for face-stabbings, I prefer to use small animals. Chinchillas in particular.
Dude, chinchillas have horrible DPS, honey badgers, though, can chew through a tank build in a matter of seconds.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 27, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »

Dude, chinchillas have horrible DPS, honey badgers, though, can chew through a tank build in a matter of seconds.

My god, honey badgers are terrible things. I have a special division to just handle them in combat.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 27, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »

Ship boarding actions are almost as fun- use a torpedo to crash into their ship, fry the teleport bacon (suprisingly useful, especially in space), and send out the face blasters with their railguns and plasma shotguns.
That does sound fun; I might have to join you. Though I'll need to make a new character, since, due to the thing with the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my current one can't go into space. So I'm thinking I might roll up a Battlechef. I've read on the forums that their bonus to all cooking skills is really useful for frying in reinforcements, and they can wield Ronco knives, which are able to cut through any material. One of their downsides, though, is that they're incredibly vulnerable to backstabbing, since they can only wear aprons as armor. Fortunately, you can get apron armor in all types, including plate, heavy plate, super-heavy plate, and all the spacey ones.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 27, 2012, 11:36:08 pm »

That does sound fun; I might have to join you. Though I'll need to make a new character, since, due to the thing with the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my current one can't go into space. So I'm thinking I might roll up a Battlechef. I've read on the forums that their bonus to all cooking skills is really useful for frying in reinforcements, and they can wield Ronco knives, which are able to cut through any material. One of their downsides, though, is that they're incredibly vulnerable to backstabbing, since they can only wear aprons as armor. Fortunately, you can get apron armor in all types, including plate, heavy plate, super-heavy plate, and all the spacey ones.

Feel free any time- just send a message to the Doomy Blades' recruitment office on the planet Mercenarius. While I don't like their rent or ethics, the location is great- right by the spawn planet. Personally, I'm a fan of the Pirate class, mainly due to their ship-to-ship/boarding-related abilities.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:38:41 pm by Doomblade187 »

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:50 pm »

Hey, I'm fairly new to this game and need some help.  I need the potato sword to cut through the celery gate, but I can't seem to get past the Obsidian hide Spider, can anyone help me?  I'm a level 8 Portal Terraformer, with a frost-based treeseeker, if that helps anyone.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 28, 2012, 03:57:26 pm »

I have explodium I could give you. Not sell, give. Seriously, I've got so much of the stuff that I have no idea what to do with it. Other than nuke a small star cluster to bits. But that would be bad.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 28, 2012, 04:14:26 pm »

Dude, just do it. The cluster will reform.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134