Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192918 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #720 on: May 18, 2012, 06:02:56 pm »

And that is why I bank anything I don't need or want to lose. But seriously, if you need any help, just ask. I'm a bit outside the galactic rim, though, so it might be a while.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 18, 2012, 07:05:36 pm »

Somebody needs to fire a planetbuster at the thing.  I think those would kill the spawners.  And really, one less cliche volcano planet?  Sure, I can live with that.   I mean did the thing even have any useful resources?    I suppose even if it did you would just have to convert whatever managed to get salvaged from the mining base into asteroid bases.  And I suppose you guys with the big combat armadas could get some good money vaporizing anything that gets too close to a populated planet. win-win.

They said they would fix it next patch but I haven't seen any word yet.  And the sucker is starting to get big.  I figure much larger and it will start messing with the whole system's orbits.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 18, 2012, 07:18:29 pm »

Hey, I've been mucking around with my Clock Gnome and found something called the 'Codex of the Cutepocalypse'. I'm so tempted to use it just to see what'll happen.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 18, 2012, 08:07:41 pm »

If you do, don't use it around my alt. I've heard rumors about that...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 27, 2012, 09:50:00 am »

Hey, uh... i just did the quest that gives you a treasure map to the most valuable abandoned property on the planet?

I don't know how common this is, but the "science lab" it lead me to seems to have been converted to.. a furry factory?
There were minion-o-matic cloning tubes everywhere and the genetic splicers had a history of use on kidnapped NPCs and charmed woodland creatures. There were some pretty cool specimins in stasis too. Pretty good physical and mental stats all around, but the personality tests attached showed some quirks.

When I got in, the place was infested with werewolves--I can only assume that there is a broken cloning tube somewhere. These things hit hard! I cleared out the worst of it with a napalm grenade--thank goodness they are flamable!

Pushed one into a psyco-analyser--turns out they are domesticated but in a state of Minion Riot due to neglect. The upkeep reqs. are... exotic. Does anyone have factories for cosmetics (hair care) and pet supplies (medical and food)?

Is it possible for a cloning facility to support itself through NPCs hunting? Or where else should I be looking for the biomass source? All I can find are recyclers.

Regardless, I staked a claim for it. I have my own minion factory now! Yay!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 27, 2012, 12:26:55 pm »

Sorry, I only have a small factory for player medical supplies, but I suppose I could lend you some money to start up a small factory or farm. In the meantime, though, I'm going to watch the devs shoot a planet buster at Vulcanon.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #726 on: May 29, 2012, 10:12:38 am »

It's so easy to get cash in this game. All you have to do is sit around in the The Thezone Zone zone and hunt Thezones. They spawn constantly and they drop 15,000c each. Just set your ship to auto-fire, enable auto-tracking, turn on auto-targeting, buy an autoharvester module, and activate auto-auction in the Commerce Engagement Menu.

Just leave your computer running. If you switch to keepalive mode, you can even play a different game while it's going.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:21 am »

You forgot that keepalive mode disables mulittasking. Too bad...
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 29, 2012, 11:57:15 am »

It's funny going in there with a big criuser or something and wiping all those credit farmers out though.  Get all the credits they harvested since their last bank deposit in a 10th of the time, and they don't even run away because they are all afk.

Hell if somebody was really evil they could loadout their criusers with small guns like the farmers use to not even give them an audio indication that something is up.  But I just use my ship's standard loadout.  If they aren't paying enough attention to hear a hellbore cannon in a place where they should only be hearing frigate guns, they don't deserve their credits.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

Hey guys, I have a question. I have a medum-size cruiser, but I'm not sure what to arm it with. I won't have many problems with cost, but I just need some ideas for what to equip it with so that it can be effective in battle. Big battles, to be specific.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 29, 2012, 02:00:32 pm »

So I just signed up for the multiplayer version of this game, since I figured that'd be easier to learn than the singleplayer version. What kind of character typically plays best, and what sort of things should I get to doing first?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 29, 2012, 02:17:22 pm »

Hey guys, I have a question. I have a medum-size cruiser, but I'm not sure what to arm it with. I won't have many problems with cost, but I just need some ideas for what to equip it with so that it can be effective in battle. Big battles, to be specific.
The cheaper option is of course solid loadout of Dual Turbolaser batteries backed up by some Ion cannons. If you don't mind cost, you could go for plasma flamers and Matter Anti mater Cluster warheads, watch out for friendly fire.

And if you want to take on entire fleets on your , get the Space Time Continuum Shockwave devise. It inflicts between 0-10 random effects to each ship in range, then dumps a mediocre amount of damage and between 1-6 regional effects above it. It's outlawed in most battles though, since it tends to cause blackholes and space time continuum rips.

Singularity cannons are good fun though, but don't forget to add extra engines. Detonating your wrap cores every time is risky. If you really want to annoy everyone, get the proton destabilizer. It arcelerates the Heath death of the universe, by destabilizing all particles in range. Watch as the outer layer of your victims ship dissolves, bathing the entire region in highenergetic radiation.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 29, 2012, 02:18:53 pm »

What about the experimental plasma gauss cannons? Those would work, right?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 29, 2012, 02:19:20 pm »

So I just signed up for the multiplayer version of this game, since I figured that'd be easier to learn than the singleplayer version. What kind of character typically plays best, and what sort of things should I get to doing first?
Well, as far as anyone has been able to tell, no one class, class/race, or class/race/template combination is good at everything. And there isn't really one thing you need more than anything else in this game: sometimes it isn't prudent to have the most damage per second, but, rather, the most seconds per damage is needed, and many obstacles or challenges are best solved with skills. Usually it's best to just pick a class at random and experiment.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 29, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »

What about the experimental plasma gauss cannons? Those would work, right?
A bit unstable but yeah, a very good damage output. Never try a full barrage with them though, while it looks awesome and can tear an entire enemy force in parts, the magnetical forces get so strong that your ship tears itself apart. They also use a crapton of energy.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 134