Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192879 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #690 on: May 11, 2012, 05:31:48 pm »

It's to teach you that asking for help in-game will only lead to your death. It's helpful because certain classes, like the Cybertroll, get experience from killing newbies with misleading advice.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 11, 2012, 05:59:32 pm »

Hm. I reached Level 67 on my new Mad Scientist character, did my Thesis (Basically, it's like the Cybermancer's Transcendence, only earlier in the game. It buffs whatever science skill you choose, but debuffs the other ones) and ended up with a Dimensional Distorter. Problem is that I pressed the button, and it caused me to teleport to a fairly populated fantasy server.

D'oh well, having fun killing Lev. 900 knights with my ray gun.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 11, 2012, 05:59:53 pm »

It's to teach you that asking for help in-game will only lead to your death. It's helpful because certain classes, like the Cybertroll, get experience from killing newbies with misleading advice.

I hate that class. When I first started, they mentioned that the best area for newbs to level up was the vermin caves. They forgot to mention that the vermin in question were level 25 and gigantic. Just because they're tiny in all the other games... This was before I got the giant pinecone, of course.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 12, 2012, 01:28:37 am »

Read up on them before I started. When one of them tried to help me, I sort of.....sent him into the Plane of Eternal Pain.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 12, 2012, 02:03:03 am »

Read up on them before I started. When one of them tried to help me, I sort of.....sent him into the Plane of Eternal Pain.
Thats harsh, although I did once send one into the Plane of eternal luke-warm coffee and cold bathroom tiles.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 12, 2012, 04:54:42 am »

Decided to pick this up again, after a few months of not playing it, and started a new character.

Where do I begin, I mean, there's a ton of new stuff now, and just about every mechanic I knew earlier was revamped or outright changed.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 12, 2012, 12:49:52 pm »

Start working in the pinecone mines, you get easy money there and if you are lucky you can smuggle pinecones out. roughly 25x pinecones per trip!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 12, 2012, 01:04:39 pm »

Eh, I had more luck in the forest. You can find the occasional pinecone, and the loot is really good for a low-level area, by my experience.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 12, 2012, 03:19:34 pm »

Thats why you get the dwarf pet when they give you that quest, it mines faster than any item you can get and doesn't require feeding. only booze which you can get for seventy five pinecones (last one day) and he usually churns out 225 pinecones within 24 hours!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 12, 2012, 03:37:17 pm »

My clock Gnome Explodamancer's doing well...

Teeheehee, gonna blast my way through the world. Just to see what's down there.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 12, 2012, 03:47:47 pm »

Screw that plan. All there is is a giant sign from the developers saying 'Hi! You found our earth core sign!'

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 12, 2012, 03:49:41 pm »

Well, what am I supposed to do with all the Explodium ore I mined then?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 12, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

Put it to good use and start killing trolls.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 16, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »

Game seems to be down to me.  It down for you guys too?

EDIT: Seems it's down because that last patch introduces a bug that reduced the ignite temperature of hydrogen-oxygen atmospheres.  Every time a fire started it ignited the atmosphere of the planet, and so many doing it at once kept crashing the servers.  Funny bug.

EDIT2: Seems the fix is delayed.  Some troll keeps igniting the atmosphere on the planet that the devs do all their in game coding in.  Seems they could just go back to reality, but that's not as interesting.  Say they found a cure for cancer during one of their coding sessions too, but it got wiped when they failed to save before the atmosphere ignited again.

EDIT3: Seems it's fixed, though they say to stay the fuck away from Vulcanon III.  They say that stuff's still messed pretty horrible.   Seems the lava spawner went a little haywire and the planet is growing exponentially.  Will be fixed next patch.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 16, 2012, 05:36:54 pm »

I think I left my starship by Vulcanon. Let me check.

EDIT: I got lucky- it was a few feet away from the lava when I got to it. Say, did they re-find the cure for cancer?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 134