Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193050 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #945 on: August 30, 2012, 06:11:55 pm »

I have to hear this.

Also, one thing to note- kinetic weapons work better against missile bases than energy weapons. It seems that the kinetic shots that penetrate can very easily damage or even detonate the missiles better than energy weapons. So yes, I'd say the battle's going pretty good so far- their picket forces are debris now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 30, 2012, 06:22:21 pm »

Anyone have a spare wand of anagrams I can borrow? I have an Idea >:)
I have eon. Who do I post the dawn? It's a problem.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:27:13 pm by racnor »
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »

I think you may be holding it backwards.

Anyway, if I install one into a tachyon generator, it would produce an AOE blast that would utterly scramble all communications in the area of effect. If I could find a device capable of manipulating space as well, the result would be eveerything in the vicinity being rearanged into an anagram of itself, the most destructive weapon ever devised.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 30, 2012, 06:31:34 pm »

... Would this include the ship firing the weapon?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 30, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

Probably.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 30, 2012, 06:41:55 pm »

Probably.

Exactly. It's ideal punishment detail.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 30, 2012, 06:42:26 pm »

And/or a job for robots.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 30, 2012, 06:42:32 pm »

But wait- remote controlled cheap ship... Give me a sec guys, I have such a thing lying around my ship, me thinks.

UPDATE 1: Drone sent out, dodging enemy fire successfully.

UPDATE 2: Drone a full light year away. The range should only be half a light year- I set the generator to a quarter to accommodate for amplifying effects.

UPDATE 3: MOTHER OF....

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 30, 2012, 06:45:53 pm »

It runts to cafe me, on matter thaw I do. Sit kind of stuck. Just take it. you'll have to come to the starting platen, A rhesus macaque stole my space avis.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 30, 2012, 06:49:14 pm »

It runts to cafe me, on matter thaw I do. Sit kind of stuck. Just take it. you'll have to come to the starting platen, A rhesus macaque stole my space avis.

A fatal case of anagram sickness, I'm afraid. I'll get there as soon as I can. Whatever you do, avoid HEARTBREAKING TOFU ENNUI. It would be...bad.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 30, 2012, 06:49:47 pm »

But wait- remote controlled cheap ship... Give me a sec guys, I have such a thing lying around my ship, me thinks.

UPDATE 1: Drone sent out, dodging enemy fire successfully.

UPDATE 2: Drone a full light year away. The range should only be half a light year- I set the generator to a quarter to accommodate for amplifying effects.

UPDATE 3: MOTHER OF....
So... How'd it gooo?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 30, 2012, 06:52:54 pm »

I think you may be holding it backwards.

Anyway, if I install one into a tachyon generator, it would produce an AOE blast that would utterly scramble all communications in the area of effect. If I could find a device capable of manipulating space as well, the result would be eveerything in the vicinity being rearanged into an anagram of itself, the most destructive weapon ever devised.
Be careful with the install, or you could end up with a honey gnat reactor or a nyan cat ogre other.
The first one isn't so bad and is actually pretty useful if you have a lot of honey gnats (though you'll still lose your tachyon generator). The latter is fast, destructive, and hard to catch, though pretty easy to follow.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:54:58 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 30, 2012, 06:55:40 pm »

Well, I'll say this- first things first, have you ever seen what a human looks like when rearranged into another version of itself that is fully functioning? Or when a planet simultaneously rearranges itself? Not so pretty. My ships were out of range, and the enemy suddenly stopped attacking, with their ships rearranged, the crew being different races, classes, skills, and more rearranged. Out of the same parts.

I won the system, but there may have been a paradox brewing, so I left as soon as I had taken up most of the salvage.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 30, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »

Well, I'll say this- first things first, have you ever seen what a human looks like when rearranged into another version of itself that is fully functioning? Or when a planet simultaneously rearranges itself? Not so pretty. My ships were out of range, and the enemy suddenly stopped attacking, with their ships rearranged, the crew being different races, classes, skills, and more rearranged. Out of the same parts.

I won the system, but there may have been a paradox brewing, so I left as soon as I had taken up most of the salvage.

What happened to the drone, and the Wand/Generator assembley?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 30, 2012, 07:09:31 pm »

Okay, I've managed to gain entry to an Ancient station, and I've made my way to the main reactor core, and booted the thing up. Now there's all sorts of critters running about the station. Really tiny furry things that are moving too fast for me to check their stats.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134