Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73396 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Ahem. Illusion is my secondary, Force is my primary. :P
I assumed that. That's why I ninja edited. You're still not dedicated though. So there.

I'd also like to remind you how much destruction I caused by merely adding Force to an arrow awhile back instead of using an actual spell...
That's using both magic and physical means. I'm sure I could create a mininuke if I added fire to an arrow.

Try killing multiple people with just bolts of force. I dare ya'.

You know, I haven't seen you guys get three Edit: FOUR bandits who ambushed at once start running away from you with a single volley.
...Uh, what? "Who ambushed at once start running away"? I don't get what you're trying to say there.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I haven't seen you guys get three Edit: FOUR bandits who ambushed at once start running away from you with a single volley.
Powder is right! Diego fell to third place.

Ladies and gentlemen,
In the right corner, the psycho, the fire mage, the prussian noble,
DAAAAVIEEEE!!!!!
*cheers from german people and boos from french*

In the left corner, the cute, girlish girl with fiery orange hair, the gunslinger,
AAAAAAAPRILL!!!!!!
*cheers from male audience and boos from the female part*

We shall now decide who is the one with the highest tally of innocent kills! Stay put!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((I love our mage banter.

You murderers... :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What could happen if Davie rolled pretty well and spent all of his daily energies in one massive attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0nIqZgnp60

He could also die from the exertion, but that is an entirely different matter.

Edit: On other news, the turn is almost up!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:25:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Waaaiiit a minute, innocent? I am suddenly feeling incredibly oblivious.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted Ktimbi to be a supportive mage....

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((And he is a good one at that. There are people being hurt already, so he'll have to put his skills to use.))
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Ladies and gentlemen,
In the right corner, the psycho, the fire mage, the prussian noble,
DAAAAVIEEEE!!!!!
*cheers from german people and boos from french*

In the left corner, the cute, girlish girl with fiery orange hair, the gunslinger,
AAAAAAAPRILL!!!!!!
*cheers from male audience and boos from the female part*
So... that means french females boo at everyone? :P

Anyway, oh dear, we're supposed to be battle buddies. Welp, time for us to secretly plot to backstab the other when he tries to get kills.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Turn taking way longer than I expected. It will be up in some hours.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((And he is a good one at that. There are people being hurt already, so he'll have to put his skills to use.))
((He is the best mage in Falion's opinion. Because, yes. Earlier  :)) ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arcane Steel - Turn 22 - Strike while the Iron... Part Four

And so the squad initiates their unforgiving attack upon the enemy forces. The deadly hiss of flying arrows and bolts combined with the clash of steel are only interrupted by an unexpected happening...

April starts to reload her pistols and move towards the camp.
-
Candy was shaken around inside April's clothing and is slightly dizzy.
-
Diego decides to take down the runner.
-
Adrienne stops sulking and charges.
-
Dellus activates his ring and attacks.
-
Davie tries to regroup with the rest of the party.
-
Thelfin keeps his position and aims for the leaders.
-
Falion lets loose a war cry and charges into the fray.
-
Ktimbi retreats to join Falion and help him.
-
Airgead is already with the dragoon.

April starts to reload her flintlock pistols, carefully putting the gunpowder and the metal balls inside the rifled barrel and avoiding causing any unwanted explosion, managing to reload [4] of her firearms. [4-1] Before stumbling onto the bandit's camp entrance, that is. Luckily only one longbowman sees the rustling of leaves that indicate her approach [1v1+1] The arrow goes wide and April executes a truly masterful dodge by falling on her butt. Well, she avoided the arrow, didn't she?

Davie ignores the burning heap of flesh and advances towards the enemy camp, hoping to find any of his squadmates. [5] He quietly sneaks his way through the woods and towards the spot where Adrienne is hiding, with Dellus a little farther. He also does not kill anyone on the way. Davie feels there is enough energy left in his body for two more similar energy expenditures, followed by fainting.

Diego notches an arrow in his bow and fires. [1v1] The shot barely misses and the enemy tries to execute dodging maneuvers only to temporarily stumble before diving into the shrubs by the trail and apparently moving towards the camp. At the very least now Diego can clearly see the enemies.

Ktimbi joined Falion and Airgead and focused his shamanic powers in creating a cloud to mask their position. [6] It worked very well. The cloud actually diminishes the impact of a giant demonic wolf appearing out of nowhere, due to the fact the cloud seems just too colorful and concealing. [+1 to unneeded stealth, +1 to enemy rolls in resisting the much needed intimidation]

Adrienne runs out of the thick wall of folliage separating her from the enemy camp while yelling at the top of her lungs. [1] The enemies are not amused by her warcry and fire a quick volley towards her, in which they are accompanied by one of the men in medium armor wielding an arquebus. Enemy Volley. The acrid smell of black smoke fills the air and a small volley of three arrows are fired towards Adrienne's general direction. The frank knight is unable to dodge the first, and it is pierces the area between her right flank and hip, getting part of the tip inside her flesh and starting a spot of bleeding, while the other arrows miss their mark alongside the arquebus' ball of lead due either to Adrienne missing or standing still at the right moments. She simply ignores the insignificant bleeding and brings out her artifact, wrapping her lips sensually around the tip of the horn before blowing it. Adrienne's Rally Call of Roland The thunderous sound of the Oliphaunt crashes upon the enemies and trees, spreading into the woods and affecting even the hidden enemies. The leader of the group leaves the largest tent and presses his hands against his helmet while clenching his teeth. He looks affected by the moral attack, but not so much as some of the enemies, some of whom are exhausted due to prolonged guard duty and mental strain. The defensive formation falls apart as some bandits drop to their knees while others drop their weapons in shock and crumble to the ground. A gust of wind strikes the clearing and some faint on the spot as Roland delivers a phantom strike upon the weak. But the situation would not have been completely lost for the enemy if other things hadn't happened.

Fallion strides out of the trees, accompanied by Airgead. He lets out a warcry at the top of his lungs, further damaging enemy morale, before giving an ultimatum to the enemies. The giant wolf nimbly moves from his side and uses the opportunity to leap upon anyone who had not given up on fighting.  Falion's Daemonic Visage (Weakened by the cloud) Out of the nine enemies still standing, even if with shaky legs, one more drops to the ground and two start to get shaky while some of the remaining are slightly shocked. The only enemies still in combat shape are the leader, the lieutenant, three longswordsmen and the arquebusier. Airgead roars fiercely and leaps with unmatched grace upon the man wielding the arquebus, [4] before quickly gaining distance with a leap backwards. [6v4-1, 2, 2+1+1-2] One of his claws connects with the side of the enemy's armor, wrenching a section of steel open and cutting his skin with the tip of the metal-enhanced claw. Falion follows suit and thrusts his javelin upwards before aiming and throwing it against the same man Airgead attacked. [4+2v5-1, 3, 4+2-2] The enemy attempts to dodge and almost manages it, but the ornate javelin hisses as it cuts through the air in the short trip, piercing through the man's arm and breaking his bones while pushing shredded pieces of metal against his muscles. [1] The man faints from the sudden spike of pain and drops to the ground.

Dellus's ring shines and he taps upon the power of the infinite serpent. Dellus' Ouroboros The family heirloom sparks maniacally as the young mage focus his power on the artifact. In a matter of moments, the ring is burning with a white flare; Dellus takes that as a sign and summons three light bolts in quick sucession, bearing them down on the enemies before the fourth spell fails and triggers the ring locking mechanism. The three bolts of light crackle and lash around with pure, white energy tendrils in their almost instantaneous travel towards the enemies still standing. Light Bolt Volley The second bolt misses one of the enemies, but the first and the third magical projectiles strike true. One of the men screams as his left flank armor is punctured by an energy bolt, which dances in place, whipping the maurauder's muscle with emissions of energy before finally disappearing. [3] The blood flows from the wound, causing the the longswordsman to wince and his stance to falter. The third bolt penetrates into the helmet of another longswordsman and causes both light burns and bleeding.

Thelfin switches his target and aims at the leader of the group. [2v4-2] He aims and fires, but the large bolt still misses by a few inches and gets deeply stuck into the ground with an audible noise.

Visible enemies - Close/Very Close - Even some of the "healthy" are shaky.
Spoiler: Leader (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lieutenant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Longswordmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Longbowmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arquebusmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shortbowmen (click to show/hide)

The enemies still standing stay back to back and try to look confident, but they fail. Most of the group was exhausted and offered little resistance against a strong moral attack.
[Squad luck roll=1]
Unfortunately for the squad, the sound of a bugle is heard outside the woods, alongside the clatter of metal and voices. The criminals' leader smiles weakly towards the group before a hoarse laughter spreads among the men around him.

Spoiler: Rambling (click to show/hide)
The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tiruin: Knight
Powder Miner: Knight
Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out
agentorangesoda: Wizard
Tarran: Wizard
SeriousConcentrate: Wizard
Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:36:54 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yay! Walls of text are fun!

Edit: Them puns.  :P))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:38:05 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"For the Realm, For the King, For the [Lord]!" Falion cries out, charging off into the melee along with the wisps of the cloud lingering about him and Airgead, who he mounts and points out a specific target - the Lieutenant. In tandem with each other, both Wolf and Knight attack the man.

((Spear through/Leap and attack the Lieutenant along with Airgead, use the cloud for aid. Airgead shall aim to hamstring the man while Falion goes for disarming or unbalancing him.

Try to intimidate once more.
))

"Prithee, men of the wilds. Surrender thine arms now, or death awaits you all!" said Falion. Their reinforcements had arrived, and they needed any advantage they could get. If it came to a ranged assault from their allies, then they were all in a lot of trouble.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it went better than I expected.Dellus picked up his Masterwork Crossbow and heard the sound of the enemy reinforcements coming their way.

"So...their backup is here, and in the worst possible moment...Hum...We still have to kill some of these bastards."  Making this resolution, Dellus prepares his crossbow and targets the enemies' leader.

Action: Shoot at the leader

Edit: Completed the post
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:15:33 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Seeing the Leader's greasy smile caused Adrienne to snap.

She broke into a run, her blade angled toward his heart. Which, she was given thought to eating after she killed him.

"Oh honey, we're going to have some fun. I'm going to take my time with you." She said loud enough for everyone to hear, prowling toward him at high speed.

Action: Go berzerk, charge and taunt the Leader.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 46