Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73341 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 9 - Flashbang
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:22 pm »

April's depression skillz made everyone fail?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 9 - Flashbang
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 10 - Celebration and dirt

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any chance of a sneak attack was lost when the group was unable to silence a patrol, and instead managed to alarm both the patrol and the bandits who rested at their camp. The marauders started their hasty retreat into the woods, the loud sound caused by the magic explosion causing panic and wariness. Even if suspicious of hostile movement, the bandits would not move too far, hiding inside the forest and skulking around its trees in a very tight protection system. Even if military troops attack them with cannons, as they supposed the case could be, their encampment would remain safe.

Diego is slightly disappointed and heads towards the town nearby, the path already known thanks to their former captives information. Adrienne comforts the spanish wizard and also rides towards the town, following Davie's dust trail as he takes off quickly, still sulking and hurt, followed closely by April, who surprisingly was not smiling nor being optimistic. Even Candy stays quiet as she realizes the sad mood taking over many of the team members.  Dellus examines the damage caused by his spell: some trees had branches broken and flung, the younger are bent and the ground where the magical energy was summoned is burnt and darkened. After assessing the consequences of what he had done, he follows his assigned knight, as Thelfin had been among the ones who voted for resting at the town instead of giving chase. Ileid follows the group at the back of the column. Falion takes the opportunity presented to him and runs with the hoodlums, followed by Ktimbi, who tries to use his connection with the wolf pack to track the bandits, [3] but obtaining only their major direction as the link weakens and is finally severed by the canines' anger against the trespassers, even though the wolves end up giving up on their chase after the intruders leave their territory.

As Falion and Ktimbi head towards the bandit camp, The rest of the group approaches the town. They do not need to enter the place to realize that the peasants seem to be celebrating something; there is music, dancing, drinking and eating, even if there are still armored guards spread around the walls. The guards at the north gate seem wary of their approximation, but as soon as the sheen of fine plate armor was seen, the protectors of the town lowered their weapons and admitted the squad inside the north square.

It was not too difficult to find out that all the partying was due to the retreat of the bandits; the encampment they set up had created a tense atmosphere around the settlement, and the loud sound made the villagers believe the army was pursuing the criminals'. The group was quickly recognized as part of the nobility and promptly mistaken as part of the forces assaulting the marauders. They would be allowed to sleep in the finest beds of the best inn of the city, and if they were not too tired, they could partake in the makeshift carnival. The town is pretty lively at the moment, and all of its streets are brightly lit, showing a pavement composed of rocks with reasonably good fitting rare in this type of place. The buildings seem to be in a good shape and some are even painted, probably due to help from one of the local nobility, interested in keeping the people's favor.

Falion arrives at the bandit camp around the same time, [4] and his talking is smooth enough for him to keep the spears, even if temporarily. The tents are of crude leather and cloth, and the knight sees some of the raiders leaving for a patrol; four men with longbows. It would not be wise to check inside the tents to assess the enemy composition, but it is easy to discern at least four medium-armored men with longword and shield or carrying pikes and even some unwiedly arquebuses. The place stinks, the bandits have the same smell as the place and the food is mostly flavorless or tastes plainly bad.
In the outskirts of the woods, Ktimbi [2+1] is seen for a split moment by some of the longbowmen guarding the perimeter, [2+1] which start to follow him. [6+1] The longbowmen, though, quickly lose track of him and are afraid that it may have been a ghost of an orange-haired, red-eyed demon of some kind.

>Most of you are in a border town. These people were not excessively mistreated by nobles and due to the kindness of some families, their overall image of the richest class is positive. You are treated as heroes and all of your persuasion rolls, even if only by gestures, are raised by one.
>The town has a blacksmith, gunsmith and several other stores. You have no supplies due to forgetting food during your departure. You are allowed to eat, drink water, take a bath (should do these), drink beverages, talk, dance, get extremely drunk, train skills covertly, go hunting around the town etc.
>If you want to sleep, it will be assumed everything basic was done, you are ressuplied and ready to go.
>There is an especial event for anyone who goes to the tavern.

>Falion is with the bandits. He can train, drink, eat, get drunk, go hunting if allowed, get drunk again...and then discover he was robbed of his possessions after waking up.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard

SeriousConcentrate: Wizard

Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:53:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 10 - Celebration and dirt
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2012, 08:56:25 pm »

Diego was cheered instantly. "Fiesta! Las mujeres comunes muy atractivo! La mśsica y la cerveza!" The first thing to do, he felt was get cleaned up. Not that he wasn't attractive to the ladies already, but they would appreciate his appearance more if he wasn't covered in road dust.

Diego takes these actions: bathes, attends the feast (eat/drink, alcohol more than likely), and dances with the townswomen as much as possible.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:58 pm »

"I do not know about you guys, but I am starving. I will try to look for something to eat and then practice. "
Action: Take a bath, find a place to eat, train, get smithing equipment, take a bath and sleep. (Basic training)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:15:26 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »

((I bet you guys are jealous of Falion's situation. Who wouldn't trade a feast, dance, beverages and a great night of sleep for a place filled with a terrible stench, ugly, foul-mouthed men, cheap booze and tension? Yay for bandit camps!))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33:44 pm »

"These people need to know the truth. They cannot get lax only to find a striking surprise. And we are not heroes."

Inform the people of the town of the truth, that the army is not in fact fighting, and that the explosion was just a freak accident. And that we have not actually done much to fight the bandits so far.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2012, 11:00:13 pm »

((Oh, bugger.))
((I bet you guys are jealous of Falion's situation. Who wouldn't trade a feast, dance, beverages and a great night of sleep for a place filled with a terrible stench, ugly, foul-mouthed men, cheap booze and tension? Yay for bandit camps!))
((Time to incite passive retribution!))[/doesnotgetsarcasm]

((Also, for the brave knights and wizards at town, take care of Ileid and my other two belongings. If I die, they pass on to my battle brother, if he wishes so.))

Falion looked around the camp, though the light was scarce and the moon was shrouded by the thick canopy of tree branches, he could feel the despondency of the place. He was still with the bandits that he guessed were under his custody: the one Adrienne claimed, the one he interrogated and the other man. By the current looks of things, he'd bet the people were afraid and worried about the current situation. He caught a rumor passing around that they were being attacked by the Army, but rumors were not things to be based upon tonight.

He had to be sure, and he had to make a cover story, avoiding any of the swill they served around here; the wine was most probably mixed with something else. Also, an explanation was probably going to be called for, as he *was* part of the scouting party at the time.

Approach the leaders or call out to anyone important who would listen:
"Mi'lord, I-...I think we've angered the local spirits. I'm a superstitious man, Sire, but I know when it's time we stood and faced our fears. That loud thundersound? T'was a thunderstorm or somethin. The sky didn't look clear enough from where we were standing but this place is filled with wolves and probably demons. You've heard the rumors!

I think we should double or triple the patrols tonight. I know no Armyman would attack in the morn, send us out weaker folk in the morning to take on the patrols, we'll wake yous up when danger is spotted.

Also, I think yous should appease the spirits. I've heard tales of knights of vengeance in the realm, who would fight to their deaths and bring anyone along with them to the halls of justice, not minding their pain or wounds...
"

((Essentially, aiming to weaken their vigilance and morale.))

Also, Keep watch over my possessions.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2012, 03:00:59 am »

A single bead of sweat dripped from Ktimbi's forehead, down the ridge of his nose, and onto the forest floor as he watched the bandits following him turn away. Fatigue and hunger were setting in, but the bandits remained an ever present threat.

Ktimbi forages for edible plants and small animals before searching for an area nearby the camp where he may remain concealed and rest.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2012, 06:50:45 am »

"Ok, I think it's better if I start searching for others styles of combat."

Action: Take a bath, go to weaponsmith, buy twin shortswords and a crossbow, search for someone to teach me, go to the tavern to have a little fun and then go to sleep.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:22:27 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:05 am »

Having been cheered up, April decided to counter Davie's noise with a bit of good news. "Actually, we have a man infiltrating the camp, and that sound was from us."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2012, 12:34:28 pm »

"But that sound did nothing to actually help and we do not know how useful the man infiltrating his camp will be yet."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2012, 12:46:58 pm »

Adrienne nodded. She caught Diegos chin with her finger, enjoying the look on his eyes-a hint of fear, mixed with exhilaration and a warm acceptance.

She had seen much the same look on men she had killed before.

"...Save the best dance for me, eh mi amigo?"

Action: Clean up, get ready for a night out on the town!

Wear something casual...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »

Despite what Adrienne thought she saw (because I call Mass Effect 3's ending-level bullshit on Diego ever being scared by a woman's attention >.>), Diego was actually just slightly annoyed. "Eh, perhaps later. I gotta talk to him first." He clapped a hand on Davie's shoulder. "Are you stupid or something chico? These people have been scared for a long time, and they want to relax and unwind. Let's enjoy ourselves too, yeah? Then tomorrow we can get back to taking care of those malditos idiotas bandidos." He patted his shoulder and stepped past him.

"We may all die in the attempt, no? Consider this our victory party, just a few days early so we can all enjoy it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2012, 02:22:28 pm »

"I would rather live in fear for a few more days than live in bliss and then get raided by surprise and never feel safe ever again. These people also deserve to know the truth. Who are you to deny people the knowledge they may need to protect themselves?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2012, 02:32:32 pm »

"Who said we were lying to anyone?" Diego shrugged. "We ARE going to go after the bandits, and we're just as good as the army. No, I think you just want to be miserable right now, and want to make everyone else miserable. Why else would you be yelling at random party-goers than going to find the mayor or something, eh? As for me, I'm going to head to the tavern and get something to drink."

Before doing the actions listed earlier, Diego heads into the tavern.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46