Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73345 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 8 - Night Snakes
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2012, 08:41:04 pm »

Damn. Oh well, at least I didn't bet anything.

Trolololol.

New bet: Everyone is going to hurt another.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 8 - Night Snakes
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2012, 08:44:25 pm »

((Never ignore the Pyromancer is my bet on how the turn would wind up. Anyway, nobody knows what I would do, being part of the 'bandits'  :P ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 9 - Flashbang
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2012, 09:32:22 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 9 - Flashbang

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The squad attempt at sneaking past the patrol unnoticed had failed, but not all hope had been lost. If the nuisance could be dealt with before they were heard by the criminals in the camp, the group could still keep the element of surprise on their side. But if a battle started, it would only be a matter of time until the rest of the marauders found out what was happening. The threat of rain seemed to have subsided, but firearms were noisy and spewed smoke, making them useless when silence was a priority; on the other side, the group had been focused on their main task for a whole day, and it would not take long for the signs of fatigue to start showing on some of their actions, even if their single-mindedness did not allow for the party members themselves to foresee that fact.

Diego, without waiting for a decision from the group on what course of action to take, simply positions his longbow, notches an arrow and pulls the string, quickly preparing a killing shot before releasing the string with practiced mastery. During the short flight of the long broadhead arrow, the spanish wizard tries to imbue it with a force spell, [6] succeeding almost beautifully, as the spell is so perfectly placed that it destroys the arrow, pulverizing the wood and flinging the metal tip far away, taking the place of both. [6]vs[5];[4];[2+1-2] The force arrow flies straight towards the soldier, hitting his sword arm with a narrow shockwave mostly absorbed by his armor, brusing the arm beneath. The guard is startled by the flying gust and slowly retreats from the woods. Adrienne stands guard by Davie's side, keeping a wary eye for the arrival or appearance of more enemies. Davie feels abandoned by the group and sulks. Falion approaches the side of the dirt road and tries to persuade the man by explaining the difficulty of taking down wolves, for they travel in large packs. [4] The man does not seem interested in going further into the small forest and is convinced by Falion's argument, starting to back away from the cluster of trees, his shield still raised. Almost simultaneously, Ktimbi hears the talk about wolves and calls upon them using his link with the natural environment, [5+1] obtaining an astounding success. Loud, cruel howling is heard in the distance, and the natural communication feedback gives the african shaman a feeling that they are coming to take down all of those who have trespassed their territory; April tries to cheer Davie up and attack the medium-armored soldier with her shortsword afterwards, [4]vs[5] slashing through leaves and thin air as the medium-armored soldier sidesteps, unable to discern exactly who attacked but certain that it was a human (Candy [4] manages to hold on to her owner's chainmail); as the guard hastily retreats to tell his men of the danger hidden in the woods, Dellus summons the power of the light magic contained within him, focusing it to create a distraction some meters away from the group, [6+1] which turns out to be so powerful that the explosion creates a sound heard miles away. The spell itselfs bursts in a 11-feet column of crackling white energy which temporarily dances, extending small appendages of lashing raw magical energy, tearing the air and damaging the ground underneath it before disappearing and releasing a shockwave which bends the younger trees stalks and the older ones branches...I guess that was not supposed to happen. Thelfin stood still the whole time with his arms crossed and waiting for result of his partners' actions. Well, now I guess he saw them.

The guards stand awestruck at the sight, and stay for that way for some seconds before starting to fall back and finally running, occasionally looking over their shoulders. Even running, they probably will not catch up with the main group of marauders, which by this moment should already have started to leave their current place and escape, probably thinking there are cannons in the proximity.

One of the captives points out that it is possible to go after them, but they will not go too far when travely during the night, as they must still be weary due to having little to no time to rest since some villagers and the army started to hunt them down, but even then that also means the first place they'll try to hide is the forest. Aside from that, you have horses, which are better suited for following them when they are traveling normally and ill-prepared to follow the raiders into the dense woods. There is also a town nearby which would gladly receive you as their guests. The party is presented with two conflicting options: either they follow the bandits at the moment and accept to fight in their environment, where ambushes are very likely and movement is severely restricted, or they eat, drink and rest for the night at a nearby town. Each has their positive and negative points. They may also capture the escaping patrol and take it to the town or kill them.

Enemies running away:
Spoiler: Bandits: (click to show/hide)

>Well, Dellus did it, but I have to say that the same would probably have happened in a different way because of April. Different meaning you would have to fight. Well, I presented you with the explanation for each option because the combat mechanics are a tad unforgiving and your chance of dying while fighting in a place where your movements are restrained and longbow fire rains upon you is a bit high. A bit meaning that probably even agile characters would hit their heads against the trees and trip on roots and the more armored ones would turn into pin cushions.
After this I'll try to make shorter turns to introduce you to your choice. If you pick the woods, you will get there. If you pick the town, you will get there and part of the night will be free time to do whichever you want (dance, drink, practice something, go hunting etc) before you sleep, meaning I may try to make mini-turns for these.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard

SeriousConcentrate: Wizard

Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:42:41 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »

((And the aforementioned wolves will chase you if the group decides upon chasing the bandits. Tough luck.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »

"Town, without any doubt."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »

Falion smiled as he saw the longsword-wielding bandit approach. That smile soon turned into a frown upon hearing the cries of the wolves. It was real after all, and he felt fear come across him, for he told no lie about his experiences with wolves. Powerful they were.

He looked at his allies - the captives who were set free under their cause. He pulled the teenage boy closer to him and held him with a firm grip. Staring him down while whispering a few choice words, ignoring the sudden noise around him as he guessed would happen when traveling with mages.

"Stick with the bandits, I swear on my word that we will come for you and free you but now is the time to take leave. I cannot risk your life, nor ours, at an event such as this. The sound should have alerted them." He tried to be as discreet as possible while the bandits around him were distracted by the sound. "Persuade the rest, it was a thunderstorm, superstition, whatever else would do in the moment."

((Hm, I am suitably disguised. I have a possibility of retreating with the bandits and going into their camp to either cause havoc or actually link to where they are if my allies retreat to the town. If Ktimbi has his bond. Whereas, if the others choose to follow, I could act as a saboteur. If not, I could still act as a saboteur as I have no idea how or what my allies would do. Despite all that, the only person I know well is my battle brother.

Interesting.))

Go along with the bandits in their retreat and rest in their camp.

Falion let go of the young man and waiting a few seconds for the words to sink in. He turned towards the rest and emulated an expression of fear and cowardice as he ran with them in their general direction alongside the subjugated ones. He knew he had to leave Ileid behind with the rest, but he was sure they would take care of her, though he did regret leaving his {Light Carbine} and {Heater Shield} with her, they may serve as a useful tool for his allies. A simple Glaive and a Javelin were enough not to be mistaken as a bandit's gear.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:58:53 pm by Tiruin »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »

(That was awesome and what deserved to happen)

Ktimbi uses his connection with the wolves to track the fleeing bandits and runs off in pursuit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2012, 09:58:16 pm »

((Did I already mention Falion's equipment is ornate and carrying both spears carries a high probability of causing suspicion? But good going on following the bandits, but after the eyes' effect starts to diminish, probably by the morning, I'll have to start checking their effectiveness. Also, that means no bath for you :P))
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2012, 10:09:26 pm »

"Idiots... all of you. I'm going to town. Next time, instead of being jackasses, try discussing your plans with your teammates."

Go to town, regardless of what anyone else decides to do.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2012, 10:18:49 pm »

"Idiots... all of you. I'm going to town. Next time, instead of being jackasses, try discussing your plans with your teammates."

Go to town, regardless of what anyone else decides to do.

(This is really funny to me because "Characteristics: Cheerful, Does what is right, friendly, honest, insensitive, trusting."

Davie's unpredictable mood swings are reminiscent the fire he studies)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »

Diego was a bit disappointed his spell had failed, and with a heavy sigh, he turned his horse to head to town as well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2012, 10:27:29 pm »

((Did I already mention Falion's equipment is ornate and carrying both spears carries a high probability of causing suspicion? But good going on following the bandits, but after the eyes' effect starts to diminish, probably by the morning, I'll have to start checking their effectiveness. Also, that means no bath for you :P))
I have a suitable explanation for that.  :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2012, 10:27:47 pm »

(This is really funny to me because "Characteristics: Cheerful, Does what is right, friendly, honest, insensitive, trusting."

Davie's unpredictable mood swings are reminiscent the fire he studies)
That's his general mood on average moments.

This was not an average moment. This was a moment where people literally ignored him and blew our cover around the same time.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2012, 10:31:10 pm »

Adrienne clapped Diego on the back, turning her Horse along side his.

"Don't look so glum. That was a good shot back there!

Maybe you should have been an archer instead of a wizard?"
she said, grinning.

"Anyway, we're going back, I suppose...a pity. I had hoped for more excitement today..." Adrienne finished, leaving Diego to draw his own conjectures.

Action: Riding back to town!

OOC/Tarran: Actually, you didn't separate your OOC and IC speech. So, I really had no idea you were talking to me IC. :P

Oh wow, that turn. The mental image.

We all fail so hard no matter how hard we try.

"Oh snap, what should we do?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2012, 10:33:25 pm »

I thought it was out of character too because of the use of "oh snap"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46