Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73382 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 5 - [CHEERFUL REUNION]
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01:39 pm »

I hope something comes along in the future to let me put everyone on a leash or something because gawddamn.
This will happen once we uncover the whole danger of what we're about to face, given the state of our morale.

Oh, and who is now with who, Dwarmin?

Davie - April
Falion - Ktimbi
Adrienne - Wilhelmina Diego  :P
then we have the rest.

Edit: Looking over our new allies, I guess we're heading into a grand adventure now! Even at the start! (Hope you can keep up with our antics Caellath))
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:06:37 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:58 pm »

@SC: I choose you, Charmander Diego!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2012, 02:01:50 am »

Poor SC, taken from the wild and forced into a ball smaller than your hand.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2012, 03:28:39 am »

Eh, it's not so bad. They have a little living quarters in there, a fully stocked fridge and mini-bar, it's great. :D Free room and board, peace and quiet, and all you gotta do is occasionally stomp somebody. It's like being a made man without all the police interest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2012, 03:39:33 am »

Eh, it's not so bad. They have a little living quarters in there, a fully stocked fridge and mini-bar, it's great. :D Free room and board, peace and quiet, and all you gotta do is occasionally stomp somebody. It's like being a made man without all the police interest.
No bathrooms?!  :o

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2012, 03:09:47 pm »

((...I lost all of the progress I made on the new turn so this will take longer than expected. I had already finished almost all of the text and was only inserting the newcomers artifacts. Sigh. Back to square one.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 11:22:00 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 6 - Reinforcements Abound!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The battle against the sentinels started, giving the wizards a chance to prove their aptitude in true combat. Exactly because of that, the short skirmish was doomed to end with a predictable outcome. Fear was visible in the swordsmen's eyes as they struggled and tried to escape from the clutches of the magically empowered trees. Those nobles were not lazy gluttons; the knights were death-dealing machines and they had sorcerers as their companions. Magic was not supposed to exist, but they had seen wizardry before their own eyes. The Church was right and their will to fight was quickly corroded as they realized their situation. The remaining crossbowman scrambled and rolled like a madman, trying to escape from a knight who was laughing maniacally while chasing him as a cat chases a rat. One of their friends was dead, the killing weapon standing proudly on his back after being flung with impeccable accuracy. They had seen fire being controlled as if it was tamed by man. They were unable to move because of thick roots which had suddenly appeared and tangled their feet. These were not normal people. They were not prepared for this.

Upon seeing the runner being struck down by the violent and accurate javelin throw, Davie turns his attention towards the remaining crossbowman. His hands ignite the air around them once again while he focuses on the enemy. The bandit moves frantically, barely finding any time to breat between his movements to avoid the female knight, but Maximilian snaps his fingers, [5]vs[3] causing the crossbow to burst in a surge of flames, quickly burning into a crackling piece of charcoal. The man releases it, but still sustains severe burns, mostly on his unprotected palms. Adrienne takes the opportunity to pull Lernea's reins, causing the horse to swiftly turn back in an impressive display of discipline. The frank knight spins her bec-de-corbin and swings it in a low arc towards the dazed and incredulous raider. [3]vs[1] Adrienne feels the impact transmitted on the handle as the hammer head sinks into the young man's face, forcing his eyes out of the sockets and crushing his facial bones against the brain with a sickening sound. The weapon carves its way out through the top of the skull, taking the bloodied steel helmet with it as droplets of blood fly by. The criminal has no time to say his last prayers, dying as the pieces of bone are sent into his brain along the unforgiving metal. Ktimbi chants an ancient ritual song and exhorts the trees to entangle the men further and grow thorns upon them. [2+1] The roots slowly slither upwards and sprout small thorns, pricking the renegades and causing minor bleeding. [6][3][4] Two of the swordsmen struggle and break free from the roots' grasp, one of them falling face-first into the ground and getting slightly stunned, while the remaining one attacks the natural prison, failing to cause enough damage to escape. April cheers herself up with flawless optimism and prepares a better slashing motion before bumbullrushing the stunned swordsman, to which the man answers by trying to get up to avoid her attack. April closes the distance in a few moments and executes a cutting attack  [6+2][4][1+1-1] aimed at the marauder's sword arm. The shortsword's blow is mostly diverted by the steel plate, but the attack still manages to bruise his arm with the impact. Candy jumps out of pouch on the horse's side and tries to leap onto the saddle. [6] She leaps too far and lands on the opposite side of the saddle, hitting her muzzle against the hard leather. Falion waves and yells in the direction of the approaching figures before positioning his glaive and heater shield in a tight blocking stance. He pulls the reins of Ileid, which snorts and starts galloping towards the dead body; the steed's rider is not bothered by anyone as he plucks his javelin out of the corpse, blood dripping off the armor-piercing tip.

Any will to fight had been ground to dust. The surviving bandits dropped their weapons and pleaded for mercy. Two of them were young men, and the last was a teenager, which explained they were either the children of the raiders or drafted able-bodied peasants; they had no choice, they had no future and the ones like them were always put to guard duty when the group stopped somewhere, never taking part in the violence, unless they were forced to. Or at least that is what he says.

Shortly after the enemies surrendered, the small entourage arrived.
Leading the group, a heavily armored behemoth riding an equally well-armored heavy warhorse, pulled the reins of his steed, halting to a stop. All of the armor was colored dark blue, finely crafted and decorated with black and silver linings, gleaming with polished shine. His coat of arms showed no inclination towards magic, taking pride on its symbols of bloody power and war.
Thelfin adjusted his stance, the mechanically-assisted armor whirring softly as he moved, standing ready.
[5][1][4]
Mal'ak ha-mashḥit (The Cleaver of Terra; Bane of All Sin)
Rosary

By his side, a black-haired noble of tanned skin, fair face and confident blue eyes, donning a dark blue tunic under a white and red coat with his coat of arms displayed on its back. The majestic crown with rubies seemed to indicate a close relation with the king's court, granting political weight to any of his enterprises.
Charmander Diego's movements seemed to carry a frantic, cheerful tune, as if there happened to be someone playing a string instrument masterfully to match the spanish flair with music straight from his homeland. And behind him there really was a mustached man in colorful clothes playing a musical instrument. Well...
[3][6][6]
Manto de Alvarez (Protector de Bendito Alvarez)
Ganado Bravo

And finally, a brown-haired man from the south of Europe, average body and dark brown eyes, wearing a black and white robe, his coat of arms a dubious show of either defiance or mystery, as the anti-social wizard kept the secrets of his family locked inside the heavy grimoire he always carried with certain ease, as if he had been used to it for years already.
Dellus stops his horse and stands still, the cart behind slightly moving right.
[6][1][3]
Ouroboros

An envoy appears from the group and clears his throat before reading a large piece of paper held in front of him:
"Due to various mistakes made during the formation of the squads, I shall now announce that the Alanamont Family, the Royal Ruby of the frank royalty, has, accepting all of the burden that comes with this duty, made a formal pact with the Alvarez Family of wizards, the benefactors and defenders of the Crown of the Great Kingdom of Spain." he says and waves his hand towards Diego, causing the accompanying musician to play even louder. "As for the Almondar (The Holy Defenders of The Byzantine Walls...[titles go on for some time]) and Hierdach (The Guardian-Snake of Knowledge...etc) families, they shall be temporary allies, as there are several issues relating the pursue of partners for both families." The messenger then turns back, climbs onto his horse and bitch-slaps the musician before riding off into the setting sun with the aforementioned mustached man giving chase and swinging his musical instrument menacingly.

Enemies encountered:
Spoiler: Bandits: (click to show/hide)

>Ktimbi still has vomit on his feet.
The squad has 8 members at the moment.
The maximum numbers of squad members you can have at any given time is 6. Which members do you want to send to Prof. Oak?
Nonononom, don't believe that. Set the pokemén free!
Now I had the chance to show the difference between a 5 and a 6 when rolling for an artifact. 6 means you get an artifact which usually has a cost to work, while rolling 5 nets you a cost-free one. There is still a lot of adventuring to do so do not get too disappointed.
Also, you can send me feedback on the newcomers' skills and equipment.
I lost this post twice (workplace, can't install Lazarus) and could not finish it until now. My bad.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard

SeriousConcentrate: Wizard

Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:54:07 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 6 - Reinforcements Abound!
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:15 pm »

((Loving the recap and  :o, those Nobles have some powerful regalia.))

Spare mercy to the bandits and interrogate on their structural hierarchy. If possible, bury the last one I've killed and tend to the survivors wounds.

Falion tugged on the reins of his wonderful mare while moving back to the party, casting an eye to the bandits. This was despicable, even for outlaws. Following the code of Chivalry, mercy must be shown to those who ask for it, regardless of faction and age. However, this may mean that there was much more awaiting them deeper in the forest, given the equipment style of these...people.

He turns to the group in general. "I believe the boy, show them mercy for it is wrong in mine eyes to see a future broken by these. However, seeing the current state, I think we must attack right now before the bandits can get their wits about them.

"Or,"
he paused and turned to the bandits, "You could aid us. Return to whomever sent you, give a false report that they're being attacked from the other side of our direction and we will take care of the rest. If what you say is true, then all we have to do is to eliminate the leaders and maybe...free the rest of you."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2012, 11:58:24 pm »

"I do not believe these bandits save for their age. If they were forced, they would have dropped their weapons as soon as we came around and ran or surrendered. Instead, they stood and fought until they had no more guts to fight. In my eyes, they are cowards and nothing more."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:00:28 am by Tarran »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2012, 12:03:05 am »

Falion rubbed his chin in thought and dismounted,  striding away from the bandits to talk to the group. "Cowards, yes. But we can use them for our advantage. If they have as many people like these at their command, then how much more shall we encounter in the future? A rabble of peasantry to fight, yes. But in the end, their deaths are of no use if we don't capture or kill their leaders who head this lot.

"Now, I may be crazy, but if this is what we'll face, then their morale must be lower than expected. I say we send them back to divert attention of the bandits by showing comparable mercy."

His allies spoke with words wiser than he had. However, all options could be considered.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:07:06 am by Tiruin »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2012, 12:07:53 am »

"Yes, we could use them. But then our element of surprise would be broken. Surprise is everything when we are a likely smaller force."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2012, 12:13:18 am »

"¡Saludos, señores y señoras!" Diego called as the trio approached the group. "¡Me llamo Diego Alvarez!" He slowed his horse as they drew close. "¿Ah, y qué tenemos aquí? Dos señoras hermosas..." He grinned at April and Adrienne as Ricardo Hernandez (the musician) continued to play and the messenger launched into a long explanation of why he was there. Once he was done, he cleared his throat and started to speak English. "So, which of you is the Alanamont I am sworn to? No offense, hermanos, but I sincerely hope it is one of these ladies." He arched an eyebrow. "I think I would be more, eh, what is your English word? Motivated, sí, to protect them." Ricardo and the messenger left, and Diego sighed. "Ah, such a shame. The music of my homeland, it is so beautiful. To make the string of my bow sing like the strings of a mariachi's guitar..."

He waited to be apprised of the situation.

(Not taking a stance on the bandit issue just yet; I want to hear the argument for each side.)

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2012, 01:07:40 am »

Ktimbi is perplexed by the whole affair and decides to stay out of this conversation, electing instead to continue ignoring the vomit on his feet and collect the severed eyes of the brained bandit and procure the gall bladder of the impaled ruffian, placing both in a pouch for later use.

Edit: Meanwhile, continue to strangle the captive bandits with the vines until they are dead. Their essence will appease the spirits. Feign ignorance if confronted
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:48:19 am by agentorangesoda »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46