Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73366 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 6 - Reinforcements Abound!
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2012, 01:17:01 am »

"No offense taken, I wouldn't want to be paired with you anyway."

;D
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2012, 01:32:55 am »

"So you are not Alanamont? ¡Gracias a Dios! To be paired with another man, eh, such a lost opportunity." Diego flashed a grin at Davie. "No, I cannot deprive the ladies of my company... although such a pairing might be more fair to the world at large." He laughed at himself. "An Alvarez, he is too much for just one woman, however noble she may be! Perhaps for just one man, either! But, eh, I cannot say I have ever given that any consideration. The man, él no tiene caderas tan atractivas como una mujer. Surely you must agree."

(Edit: Hopefully this time the translation doesn't maul that sentence. :P Also, being a shameless womanizer is going to be fun. XD)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:39:33 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2012, 01:39:02 am »

"...I apologize, but I can't understand you, sir, I do not know spanish.

...Speaking of spanish, we've got German, English, French, African, and Spanish here. Is this some sort of plot to unite us all into some sort of great alliance or something?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2012, 01:47:07 am »

"Ah. Then I will say it in English for you. A woman, when she moves, sí? It is much more beautiful. She is more pleasing to the eye in general. I have many fond memories of women dancing to mariachi music, whether watching them or dancing with them." Diego sighed for a moment, lost in thought, then turned his attention back when Davie spoke again. "Ay? I do believe that this is so. The great families of magic, persecuted by those maricón priests, and the noble families, becoming obsolete because of the cabrón gunsmiths, united to a single cause. We shall be great again, you and I and the others with us, mi amigo. Eh, that reminds me. What is your name, hermano?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2012, 02:05:16 am »

"Davie. Davie Maximilian. Fire mage. I would tell you who my relatives are, but then someone might try to kidnap me." Davie smiled.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2012, 02:11:06 am »

Diego reached over and took one of Davie's hand in his, his free hand on the fire mage's wrist, and shook it. "As I said, I am Diego Alvarez. Well met, hermano, and I look forward to traveling alongside you." He returned his hands to his horse's reins. "As for my specialties... a little archery, a little dart throwing, a little illusion magic here and there. Mi best skill is force magic." Diego gestured toward the bandits. "So, eh, these mal nacido? Any plans for them?" he asked Davie.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2012, 02:17:52 am »

"Mal nacido? Come on, speak english, you're going to give me another headache at this rate."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2012, 02:24:03 am »

"Low born," Diego clarified. "So...?" He looked at Davie expectantly, waiting to see what the fire mage had to say about the bandits.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2012, 02:40:17 am »

"Well, we're still deciding." Davie looks at Diego in a very apathetic way.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2012, 02:45:03 am »

"Ah. Very well. Perhaps one of the señoras has an opinion?"

(And with that I'm about to call it a day. ^^^)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2012, 03:44:01 am »

((The Spanish has me laughing 'till tears! Must be my heritage...))

Falion watched the conversation with a smile. The Spaniard had a likable flair in his attitude. He decided to nudge Adrienne to remind her of the arrival of the Nobles. Other than that, he kept quiet while awaiting the thoughts on what to do with the bandits.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2012, 04:04:21 am »

(It might be because Diego has quite the foul mouth on him. :D Also, have his theme. Link starts at most relevant part, but you might want to listen to the whole track anyway, and that game is awesome. :3)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2012, 06:12:16 am »

((SeriousConcentrate nailed the music I had in mind (also, the mental image of Ricardo playing to create a background music for Diego got me laughing). Because of that, I guess that I may start to add a music link when appropriate. Which means almost all the time.))
((Edit: Also thanks for naming the musician. The exchange between Davie and Diego also got me bursting in laughter. Edit Edit: May I put that theme on the turn post? For the part when Diego appears, I mean.))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:37:51 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2012, 06:55:15 am »

Dellus is silent, standing in the place, just watching the conversation of the group and wondering who send such youths to this lost battle. He stops thinking about the matter and asks the group while they are talking to Diego:
"Does anyone have a map here? We also need to search for those who sent this bastard kids."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:31:59 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2012, 08:32:15 am »

Adrienne smiled, drew and stroked her knife aside the youngest bandits forehead, then all the way down his side. She spoke quietly and softly, only to him. Though she was smiling sweetly, the right side of her face was still spattered in blood-it always helped interrogations, she believed.

"You'll tell us where your friends are, yes? And how many...give me a reason to spare your miserable life, alright? Who is the leader of this ragged band? How will I know him, or her when I see them?

I implore you, young man-do not test me. My own oaths of honor may prevent me from killing a prisoner...but, there's nothing in the rules about losing pieces you could perhaps live without, is there?"
For emphasis, she tapped his upper thigh with the knife, grinning evilly.

Action: Intimidate the youngest bandit into spilling information about the camp ahead. Knock him unconscious no matter the outcome.

After interrogations...

Adrienne stepped away from the unconscious boy, snorting. She motioned back to him.

"I don't care what you do to the other one.

I claim the boy as a prisoner of France. Touch him at your peril."

She felt a nudge in her side from Falion, and turned to see Diego. Well well. She raised one eyebrow. Her smiled, head angled to one side, giving her hair the dizzying swaying effect-a combination that seemed to stun most foolish men.

"Looking for me, young man? I'm Adrienne Alanamont.

Un plaisir de vous rencontrer, l'Espagnol."

She stepped toward him, swaying slightly, making a habit of looking him up and down casually, her face carefully neutral.

"They could have sent me someone with a little more fighting weight." She said, her voice high, imperious and dismissive.

"...But, a Wizard is supposed to be more than meets the eye." She countered, introspectively.

She ran her finger over his left clavicle, smiling.

"So, tell me Sir Diego. Why should I be impressed? Tell me why I shouldn't send you back on the road, maybe tell them to send that older brother of yours instead. Or your Sister."

Adrienne had chosen her words carefully-apparently, there was some contention in the Alvarez family-they were quite competitive, and Diego himself had more than a few siblings. She knew enough about that herself, having four sisters-all of whom were also Knights.

Adrienne just wanted to see if he had the gall to match the swagger, and she looked into his eyes.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46