Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: this morning i dreamt that my apartment was being invaded by a forgotten beast  (Read 4041 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i don't remember exactly how it started, but i heard a scratching, thumping, rasping sound from outside my apartment door, followed by the sound of the door being bumped open... i saw an onion-faced creature with a body like a grasshopper, striding resolutely on its hind legs towards the desk with my laptop on it, and i instantly knew it was a forgotten beast! it wasn't very big - a few inches at most - but i was keenly aware that i hadn't had time to construct any significant defenses! i had no traps, no turrets, no guard animals, and no militia, and this thing was heading straight towards my computer! "beware its poisonous sting!!" i thought to myself as i prepared to throw the duvet at it, hopefully trapping it and slowing it down long enough for me to...

my girlfriend woke me up with a "what are you doing!? i'm cold!" and i realized that i had successfully snatched up most of the duvet and was clearly preparing to throw it into the middle of the room. i explained as best i could and she thought it was hilarious - we went back to sleep, and i'm really looking forward playing to the new version of masterwork DF =D

[i've been playing a mod called "masterwork dwarf fortress" (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.0) that is absolutely fantastic. in terms of simplicity, balance, elegantly used new features, and attention to detail, it's just all around awesome, and, in my opinion, the best mod currently out there! it's seeping into my dreams...  :o]
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile

Now you have a forgotten beast in the caverns of your subconscious

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile

Now you have a forgotten beast in the caverns of your subconscious

Beware its deadly dust.
This space for rent

MrAnderson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it would be interesting what would have happened IRL if you tried a cave-in  ;D

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ive woken up at four in the mourning once and still half asleep said " By Armok! "
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile

Heheh. I take it you've been on a DF binge?

Me and a few friends once watched the entire Lord of the rings extended dvd edition in one sitting. Everything lord of the rings was firmly imprinted on my brain once I went to sleep. It's only natural once you've spent 12 hours on it, you know?

Anyway I squirmed in my bed. Something was irritating my eyes. I opened them slightly and saw fire. Fire! My god!! I jolted awake in a state of fight or flight. Only one thought went through my head; "ROHAN IS BURNING!!" I knew I had to get up, had to do something, had to ... oh ... it was just the afternoon sun being reflected on some shiny surface. God ...

There was no going back to sleep once you go into knight mode. ;) So I got up and went about what was left of the day.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, girlfriends are incompatible with serious gaming. Get rid of her, you will hear both more whining and requests to waste precious resources (gaming time, money dedicated to HW upgrades) on pointless things like reproduction.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Kassil

• Bay Watcher
  • Zenarchist
    • View Profile

Anyway, girlfriends are incompatible with serious gaming. Get rid of her, you will hear both more whining and requests to waste precious resources (gaming time, money dedicated to HW upgrades) on pointless things like reproduction.

I think my gamer-girl of a girlfriend would disagree with you.
Wheelbarrows with wheels are inferior to the true wheelbarrow.
you mean elves with loads of stone loaded onto their backs while walking on their hands with dwarves holding their legs to guide them?

TheGazebo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoken like a true virgin.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile

Spoken like a true virgin.

Here we go...
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

-Firestar-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think my gamer-girl of a girlfriend would disagree with you.

Not to mention, we're easy to shop for. Boyfriend got me ram and a collector's edition copy of ME3 for my birthday <3

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fun story, I'm currently trying to romance a woman, and she's played DF before.

She's also not hideous or fat.

Makes me think she's either insane or a liar.  WE SHALL SEE.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

girlfriends are incompatible with serious gaming.
Edit her raws to make her compatible or just ignore her mandates.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I had a dream that an elephant was on a rampage in my house, and all I could shout was "Oh god the lyemakers!  Quick, use the lyemakers as a distraction!"

Malakai Makaisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a dream that someone somewhat resembling G-Man was trying to strangle me. For some strange reason the kitchen knife which happened to be in my hand didn't seem to really hurt him, though upon waking I realised I should have aimed for the throat.   
Pages: [1] 2