Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: this morning i dreamt that my apartment was being invaded by a forgotten beast  (Read 4033 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the only DF dream I can remember was the one where I was playing a game like chess, except every time you tried to take a piece the pieces would have an all-out Df-style battle, with body parts flying everywhere
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Because Sayke always dreamed of killing forgotten beasts
and then Sayke was the forgotten beasts

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile

the only DF dream I can remember was the one where I was playing a game like chess, except every time you tried to take a piece the pieces would have an all-out Df-style battle, with body parts flying everywhere

THATS IT
MEGAPROJECT TIME

I once dreamt on ascii, there where mutilated bodies everywhere and a giant bug that did it, I guess I was at a DF/cataclysm rampage (the zombie survival roguelike) that day
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

ObiWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been busy murdering my neighbors early this morning, is this a suitable dream for this thread?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been busy murdering my neighbors early this morning, is this a suitable dream for this thread?

yes =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Back when I played Angband, I would always have dreams about finding the one ring.

Then, I heard someone make a passing reference to DF.

Now, I have dreams about FBs.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish I could say I have dreams like that.

But, I don't get fun dreams. Mine are rather negative and nasty.

Pon_Katt

• Bay Watcher
  • GAK!GAK!GAK!
    • View Profile

Thanks for the ideas for tonight's dreams!
My little voice approves.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile

You, Good Sir, are truly Dorfy!

You: "THERES A FORGOTTEN BEAST IN MY ROOM! THROW THE QUILT AT IT TO HOPEFULLY HIT THE HEAD AND SHATTER ITS SKULL TEARING ITS BRAIN!!!"

*Wakes Up*

You: "Aww."
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Ahlharmc lohk was a forgotten beast. A huge grey box composed of plastic. It's face is red. Beware it's deadly cries! Ahlharmc was associated with Dawn, Torture, Thralldom, Labor, and Scholarship.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heheh. I take it you've been on a DF binge?

Me and a few friends once watched the entire Lord of the rings extended dvd edition in one sitting. Everything lord of the rings was firmly imprinted on my brain once I went to sleep. It's only natural once you've spent 12 hours on it, you know?

Anyway I squirmed in my bed. Something was irritating my eyes. I opened them slightly and saw fire. Fire! My god!! I jolted awake in a state of fight or flight. Only one thought went through my head; "ROHAN IS BURNING!!" I knew I had to get up, had to do something, had to ... oh ... it was just the afternoon sun being reflected on some shiny surface. God ...

There was no going back to sleep once you go into knight mode. ;) So I got up and went about what was left of the day.

Lol, did the exact same thing with my cousins:p

And ya, girls aren't that bad. My wife is *very* understanding of my addiction, she'll even let me explain to her all the crazy stuff that's happened today ;-) Even my baby enjoys watching me play :-D
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?
Pages: 1 [2]