Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: This video made me rage, no joke.  (Read 19996 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: This video made me rage, no joke.
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2012, 01:57:47 am »

I know but wasn't just referring to this thread or game; It's happened a few times now.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2012, 01:58:43 am »

I don't see the big deal, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery after all.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2012, 09:28:12 am »

I know but wasn't just referring to this thread or game; It's happened a few times now.

Yeah, more than a few times. Maybe 10 threads each for 3-4 games.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2012, 09:47:20 am »

Let this thread die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »

After more thought, I realized that I don't mind the general similarities to DF. I do, however, mind the specific ones. If I was making a game similar to a fairly popular one with a fanbase as devoted to the game as DF's (especially if it had as much of a tendency to lash out at similar games as ours does), then I would either make sure mine looks different (Forgotten Monsters, digging designations that look a lot like DF's) and plays different, or if not, I'd take the best features of DF and state in the trailer/whatever that it was inspired by Dwarf Fortress. Both of those would go a long way towards preventing hate from a well-established fanbase. Not even bothering to come up with names and interface colors either indicates ignorance of the features of DF and an unfortunate coincidence, or apathy and ignorance of the fanbase's attitudes. Paradox doesn't come off well any way you take it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2012, 09:15:36 pm »

*points out for the third time that one of the Devs is registered on Bay12 and has discussed the game and taken advice for it over in the main thread in the other games section*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2012, 03:04:06 am »

This piques my interest. No doubt it's far simpler than Dwarf Fortress even at it's simplest, but I see a good game in there if they don't dumb it down too much. We'll have to keep an eye on this thing as it develops.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2012, 07:00:12 am »

Talk about it here. We should let this thread and other A Game of Dwarves threads die.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]