Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134558 times)

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 11:33:43 pm »

This looks great, those drawings are awesome!  I want in! Sign me up for a turn, please.

Oh, and if there is an spare dwarf, dwarf me.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 12:24:54 am »

This looks great, those drawings are awesome!  I want in! Sign me up for a turn, please.

Done.

And as for being Dorfed, as You probably noticed, the... um... Migration Percentage is a bit iffy. I dont know if anyones spare, but if there isnt, it may be a while :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 12:33:50 am »

This, just quickly, is how I envision Chilton.

Worn out, dirt covered, and somewere in between Sad, and Engraged; But also Distant, and strangely Calm.

Of course, the Colors are off. This was just a 5 minute sketch, with enough Shading to add some Emotion to it.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 01:31:52 am »

More posts Slowpoke!!!

For the glory of Markedangels!!

ms paint!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:41:43 am by Brewster »

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 03:42:00 am »

So i'm a engraver... Well, i think it's unlikely that i have to go to the surface, so good for me. I can't wait to play it (and not getting killed)... But i got to say. You better skip me during this week. I've just been told that I have six exams XD. Unlucky me... Well, as there is plenty of overseers, i think it's no problem, is it? Just take me to the end of the list.

Sorry
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 04:17:07 am »

So i'm a engraver... Well, i think it's unlikely that i have to go to the surface, so good for me. I can't wait to play it (and not getting killed)... But i got to say. You better skip me during this week. I've just been told that I have six exams XD. Unlucky me... Well, as there is plenty of overseers, i think it's no problem, is it? Just take me to the end of the list.

Sorry

Thats cool, friend. Im sure noone will mind a slight shuffle :)
Ive put You at the back of list. But, as You have noticed, I have My own turns slotted in to check up on things. If Youre Exams are done before one of My turns, I wont mind sliding You back in right after that turn. After all, normally Youd have been one of the first. That doesnt mean You have to be one of the last if You finish sooner than that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:19:31 am by Chilton »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 05:01:52 am »

Done.

And as for being Dorfed, as You probably noticed, the... um... Migration Percentage is a bit iffy. I dont know if anyones spare, but if there isnt, it may be a while :)
Well we're kinda low on people but there is still the lazy carpenter and the mysterious farmer left
The carpenter's sleepin and the farmer is standing in the foreground.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or you could always wait a few years for when we've built a system of bridges in the sky allowing migrant arriving safely far above the clouds of undeath. This is of course if the fort hasn't fallen by then :P, I was planning on constructing this but due to the large number of legendary undead outside someone else will have to make it instead ;D

Also, thx again for the compliments! Not often you see a fort with more people wanting to be dorfed then the amount of soapmakers standing around doing nothing :P

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 05:07:21 am »

Done.

Well we're kinda low on people but there is still the lazy carpenter and the mysterious farmer left
The carpenter's sleepin and the farmer is standing in the foreground.
Or you could always wait a few years for when we've built a system of bridges in the sky allowing migrant arriving safely far above the clouds of undeath. This is of course if the fort hasn't fallen by then :P, I was planning on constructing this but due to the large number of legendary undead outside someone else will have to make it instead ;D

Also, thx again for the compliments! Not often you see a fort with more people wanting to be dorfed then the amount of soapmakers standing around doing nothing :P

I actually have an idea for how to make a safe Migrant Entrance, if noone else gets something up and running before My next turn rolls around. Its a bit less badass, but hey :D

See though, now I cant wait to hear what happens in Winter.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 05:16:19 am »

I actually have an idea for how to make a safe Migrant Entrance, if noone else gets something up and running before My next turn rolls around. Its a bit less badass, but hey :D

So am I, haven't played winter yet :P

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:05 am »

So am I, haven't played winter yet :P

Slowpoke. ;)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 10:47:19 am »

Also, a word out to all our Friends in Markedangels...

Dont Fear The Reaper, Boys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnXrB1Nc7aA

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 05:45:10 pm »

Winter was kinda anti-climatic  :-\

Using soundsense on this embark is painful as you have to listen to the constant mud-wrestling ::)

Well I got my revenge when some langur-people stole their clothes :P
Mohahaha, die zombies!

A new barracks has been built and Brewster is training Twangykid, the demonstrations are going great but the sparring is a bit one-sided :P
Chilton installed a statue of the war/chaos god in the there to raise the fighting spirit :D. He also built a statue of a damselfly...what? ???

The little boy that Chilton locked out during the zombie siege has been following him in his nightmares and he has been looking even more trobled then usually...
For every day that passed by his condition got worse and worse, now it has gone so far that he keeps looking over his shoulder over and jumps at the slightest hint of a noise.
Poor old man...

Well i'd say that the fort is in pretty good state even though I have to tear down workshops to get lumber ::), the mines has been mined and we even have an unused copper-ore stockpile :). I can no longer sit by the well all day as some dwarves built a proper fishing hole...sigh. I'm getting alot of small and bony cavefish but I haven't seen anything else so far...they are really chewy but I guess they're better then nothin' :-\ 

Our foodsuplies are stable but the dwarves have started complaining about the lack of variety...the good ol' plumps are nice and all but after a week or so they lose their charm, the cavefish is...well they are shit  :-\, but it's the closest thing we can get a kittenroast at this point. Not a single hour pass without Panopticon complaining about the lack of ale but his rambeling is usually cut off by him chugging another bottle of purple plump-wine.

Bluesproto did once again lay out his plans about digging deeper to claim the treasures of the depths. It would give us access to a variety of plants aswell as solving our wood shortage. He even went as far as saying that we could hunt for meat down there, this is the point when TwangyKid felt the need to speak up. She started argueing about the dangers of the underground and the horrid beasts wich live there.
The forts population was split in two halves, one which was convinced that the caverns would bring salvation to MarkedAngels and one which firmly belived that the thick walls of the hill was all that protected them from certain death. I who took part with neither side spoke up for the first time in moths, the other dwarves looked kind of startled at me as I layed out my proposal. The idea was simple, Markedangels needed a leader to move onwards.
Who it'll be I don't know yet but it looks like Chilton might be a strong adversary as he is trusted by most of the dwarves and is known for his hard work but it seems as if Commander Brewster will try to take the position by force. :o

End of Chapter 2.

Slowpoke. ;)
I hear enough of that irl :P

I could take a turn later down the line if there's an empty spot :D

There is some wierd pools here and there in the fort... just ignore them as they were part of my !!fishing-science!! :P

I just realised that I'm married to Fishybang...
I guess you could say that...Fishybang is banging the fisherdwarf!  8)

Wait...did I just finish of my turn with that pun... :-\

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 07:54:39 pm »

I just realised that I'm married to Fishybang...
I guess you could say that...Fishybang is banging the fisherdwarf!  8)

Thats kinda gay but... Meh ya win some ya lose some. Ill take what i can get :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »

@slowpokez

The spots only run out if we all horribly die :P
I put you at the back of the list :)

Well, to Brewster!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 74