Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103433 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST
« Reply #510 on: April 14, 2012, 11:14:42 am »

I changed the OP a bit to make it easier to find us. I added our coordinates based on This map.

I figured that, since we're already pretty well established and defended, it couldn't hurt to post directions. It wouldn't be worth the raiders effort to climb up the mountain from the sea, or walk all the way here, and most of the server knows where we are anyway.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:41 pm »

I think I am close. I made it to the Yorkshire Flats and then fell down the hill near where tundra meets forest... Anyone around to help guide me?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 14, 2012, 06:25:58 pm »

If you're on the tundra, there's a quicker route possible.

But, if you had to guess, how long did the journey take you?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 14, 2012, 07:01:40 pm »

I met Kingdd from Yorkshire and he is giving me a sailboat ride to the settlement. I am Fikes in game.

Edit: he lead me to the old settlement and a troll ate me.

Edit 2: Made it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:51:31 pm by Fikes »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 15, 2012, 03:53:25 am »

I met Kingdd from Yorkshire and he is giving me a sailboat ride to the settlement. I am Fikes in game.

Edit: he lead me to the old settlement and a troll ate me.

Edit 2: Made it.
Great!
Was there anybody there to welcome you?
We can always use more slaves happy workers ;D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2012, 12:16:04 am »

since only Azated and Kuzym/Wiro got permission to the deed, and only Azated got access to house writs.

I sent him to kuz's before logging off.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 16, 2012, 08:24:12 pm »

I made it and got invited but don't have access to anything in the village. By the way, I could go through the gates before i was invited.

I am just working on a small house for myself and building up the basic skills. Is there anything the town actually needs?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 16, 2012, 09:22:59 pm »

Fighting (Fight Skill - FS) is ALWAYS needed, and archery isn't bad either.  In particular, fletchery is a skill we can always use, as arrows are used pretty easily.  And, to the same extent, weaponsmiths to produce arrowheads and other weapons, or armorsmiths for the armor, or...  well, you get the idea, there's a lot of production skills that could help.  The main thing is that we want/need to get on a bit of a warpath, so we need soldiers and we need armed soldiers.  Combat skills, weapons, armor, shields, cooked meals, wine, bandages, boats, horses...  It's complicated to field soldiers.

For starts though, I'd probably grab some logs from the storage shed, carve them into shafts, and carve them into arrow shafts.  Just grind a bit of carpentry and fletchery, and if you're feeling good you can get/make a bow and practice shooting.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 17, 2012, 12:50:59 pm »

Fighting (Fight Skill - FS) is ALWAYS needed, and archery isn't bad either.  In particular, fletchery is a skill we can always use, as arrows are used pretty easily.  And, to the same extent, weaponsmiths to produce arrowheads and other weapons, or armorsmiths for the armor, or...  well, you get the idea, there's a lot of production skills that could help.  The main thing is that we want/need to get on a bit of a warpath, so we need soldiers and we need armed soldiers.  Combat skills, weapons, armor, shields, cooked meals, wine, bandages, boats, horses...  It's complicated to field soldiers.

For starts though, I'd probably grab some logs from the storage shed, carve them into shafts, and carve them into arrow shafts.  Just grind a bit of carpentry and fletchery, and if you're feeling good you can get/make a bow and practice shooting.
Well, i dont think that i'm going to be doing much of archery due to the awesome longsword i got near SB.
But i agree with this. I dont want to get a severe wound every time a goblin wanders into the mine.
So i'll train it the best i can.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 18, 2012, 08:55:35 am »

Well, i dont think that i'm going to be doing much of archery due to the awesome longsword i got near SB.
But i agree with this. I dont want to get a severe wound every time a goblin wanders into the mine.
To speak of, do you got any sort of armor?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2012, 10:26:05 am »

To speak of, do you got any sort of armor?
I have a newbie shield ;_;

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 20, 2012, 06:04:20 am »

better take some bits of armor from the forge or any general storage.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 20, 2012, 09:58:28 am »

better take some bits of armor from the forge or any general storage.
Sounds like a good idea.

Myrmec

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing the [z]tock market
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 25, 2012, 02:01:34 pm »

How do I get to you?  I started playing on Desertion a few days ago and it's boring as hell

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2012, 12:01:04 am »

Az, have you abandoned ship?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43