Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103530 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village?
« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2012, 09:25:22 pm »

honestly, while you CAn be useful to the group and having you around to socialize with is awesome, you are fine to practice skills on your own if you want, instead of making a journey to us.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2012, 09:56:03 pm »

Well, these games tend to be more fun the more people you're with, and I'm sure I can practice my skills with you all instead of wherever I am. Just gotta decipher how to get there.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 14, 2012, 10:08:28 pm »

Practice? nuts to that, I just want to come over and pester you guys

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 14, 2012, 10:12:44 pm »

avoid any and all animal life along the way.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 14, 2012, 11:25:25 pm »

Aloyssius reporting for duty. I found my old char's password, he's nothing special since apparently skills reset when you move servers now. :/ Oh well grinding is half the fun in wurm!
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2012, 11:55:14 pm »

lol i was stand facing our neighbors deed and i turn right and look over the edge ,down to the forest below and i see camp fire. so i got down a litte bit, and out of no where a spider come and starts attacking me, while I am falling down the moutain. I eventually Fell so far down that it spotted chasing me, lol i had 15 % health left xD and turns out it was a campfire , it was lava fiends. :p

It attacked me when i was tabbed out, lol I had to run across the rest of the forrest and jump in the water. It left me with 4% hp lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:13:25 am by JamesCorella »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2012, 12:13:23 am »

Damn timezones making communication difficult. :D

So, it seems that the majority of us are perfectly happy to move, so that's what we'll do. Like everyone has said, the mountain was a large waste of space that could have be used much more efficiently on flatter ground.

And I'd suggested we don't grief too much. Even though there's no rule against it, the deed alliances often gang up on people they don't like and make their life hell. If we do annoy this guy too much, it's entirely possible that we'd have a large amount of JK, from two different servers, wanting to lop our heads of and stick them on spears about their fortresses.

We should just leave a message on his deed as he suggested after this argument, then pack our stuff up and leave without another word.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2012, 02:20:49 am »

New player...made it as far as the guard tower and I'm being swarmed by tons of wolves and bears. I'm cowering in a fenced area...

Edit: Figured out how to call for help, and now I'm making my first cooked meat!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:00:24 am by Folly »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2012, 03:20:16 am »

Good news. Well, depending on our plans.

Moot has offered to give us the keys to his deed on the indus peaks. It's about 100x50 flat ground that's difficult enough to get to that, even though it's been abandoned for some time, it still hasn't been raided.

This sounds like a pretty good deal, but I know you all like to be far away from the more settled areas, especially considering lightshore is only a five second drop down the cliff and a quick walk to the north.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2012, 04:52:41 am »

Good news. Well, depending on our plans.

Moot has offered to give us the keys to his deed on the indus peaks. It's about 100x50 flat ground that's difficult enough to get to that, even though it's been abandoned for some time, it still hasn't been raided.

This sounds like a pretty good deal, but I know you all like to be far away from the more settled areas, especially considering lightshore is only a five second drop down the cliff and a quick walk to the north.
Three problems.

1. Well/Water.
2. Availability of Tar and Clay.
3. Lightshore.

Moot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2012, 09:31:08 am »

hey guys,

Couple of answers to Evilcherry's comments ..

Ill start with the lightshore issue  :-\

3) Lightshore - hoped we had put this behind us but if you still hold a grudge then dont worry about proximity. Its 10 mins by horse from Indus to LS but due to the tunnels and mountain terrain without access to the secure routes Lightshore or any other JK citizens cannot climb up from the lower end to the north would take an hour and a half to walk round south and climb to the peaks.

2) Tar is available half way up mountain 5 mins from main gates ... clay is 10 minute slow walk "dragging a cart" east towards the old Brookshire deed.

1) 2 wells in the village already

Lead and iron ore available already .. forges/ovens built and imped to 50+... hunting in forest/mountains to south west just watch for the dragon at northern end of the range!

I let the deed disband weekend before last as it was only me living there ... was a thriving community at one time and never raided. It was a shame to let it go and I would have given it to a worthy cause but none were available.. you guys would make a good go of it and It'd be great to have it occupied again.

I know you guys have walked a long way to get where you are now and maybe there is something suitable to your needs further away from civilisation.

And again... I'm sorry for your issues at lightshore honestly.... say hi when you see someone in local (works all over to be honest) and I promise we wont bite! but we have been attacked so many times if we get strangers in local we have to be paranoid.

Stay well all

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2012, 10:23:36 am »

Its not you Lightshorers, or anything. But we have to put our ships, if we want to build some, at your place. And you have to understand that your place is a large raid magnet. We don't know we are capable to share the responsibility, or be mature enough to handle this yet, especially when some uber-seasoned player thought taking carts and ships away is a good way to make people go away :)

I know Indus is a particularly metal-rich area though, and this is something that our mates will be considering.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:27:22 am by evilcherry »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2012, 10:41:27 am »

What a great guy Moot is! His site sounds good but I don't have the ability to get on and check it out.

UnHerpers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2012, 11:04:46 am »

Hey guys there is/was a guy wandering our site, name of windamere, I think he wants to settle into the remains of our settlement, he doesn't seem too shifty but I locked up most of our valuables in the cabin, check the wagons if you want to find something, he doesn't seem to have found the upper area so I haven't touched that.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2012, 11:35:24 am »

He's in for a rude awakening I think. That deed owner is going to blame us for his arrival as well.

ugh. The faster we leave, the better for us all in the long run.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43