Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103517 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village?
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2012, 07:36:07 pm »

I've gone and gotten myself lost. Damn forest...

I'll try and head back to starting town.

You can also suicide if you lose your way. I'm not sure at the moment where the group is / is going, so not sure where to direct you.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:36 pm »

Evanvolker was trying to lead me to the village...but we kept dieing, and I ended up being left in the middle of nowhere =[

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:26 pm »

I'm in lightshore, where is the group?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:53 pm »

Expect there to usually only be 1-3 others online at the same time as you. Our group of 7-12 is international and with various school/jobs it's hard to get a big group.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2012, 08:42:11 pm »

Haven't been able to log in, busy doing pre-wedding stuff.

Maybe I'll connect for a bit but I'm probably still in the remains of whatever we built next to Teseng. Too bad I'll probably die on the way and lose all my precious loot (meh, I guess a few mid-QL iron tools are nothing hard to replace, honestly).

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2012, 09:03:53 pm »

Is there a map, or some updated directions or anything? Having a hell of a time trying to find you guys.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2012, 09:06:57 pm »

I still see 3 rowboats down here, maybe that idiot Teseng stole the wrong boats?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 15, 2012, 09:08:26 pm »

One is mine.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2012, 04:36:05 am »

I do like the idea of being the first line of defense for the only major target on the server, but the problem with that is losing all of your items/animals/whatever that you've spent months obtaining.

I know that Losing Is Fun, but not in wurm. Even if you don't mind losing what you have, spending three months breeding to get the perfect animal, only to have it killed and butchered because the raiders wanted a a cheap sword gets old, fast.

However, if we do move to one of the raiders canals, we could have two bases. One right on the canal loaded with dozens of walls and guard towers, and then another base off to the side where we keep all of our resources. A possible site for this is the second canal, not far from SB. We could set up a small defensive fortress there, then dig an underground tunnel up to the somewhat flat shelf on the eastern side of the mountain.

If we choose to go somewhere more peaceful, I'll try to find a flat mountainous area for us.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:26 am »

I agree with Azated. Lets grab a canal to defend and build a fort a little ways off. Which canal do u guys want to take?

UnHerpers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2012, 11:06:34 am »

I think I'm done with this game, I've left all my possessions in the cart by the water, including the wooden parts to make a rowboat which has been started on the water there.
If someone wants my non-premium account for the skills and because I'm standing at the base you can.
Character name is Trilobitten with the password baytwelve
Make sure you use the /changeemail <new email> <password> and /password <oldpassword> <newpassword> to make it yours.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2012, 11:10:56 am »

you should spoiler this info as some lurkers have been here who are not necessarily friendly to our cause.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2012, 11:16:43 am »

So I decided to scout the area to the far west of the pyramid peaks. It's brilliant; here's a few screenshots.

Facing southwest
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Facing up the mountainside to the far western peak.

And finally, facing back east.

As you can see in the screenshots, it's not completely flat. It's a little flatter further east, but there's a small deed over there in between pyramid peaks and the far western peak.

I think this would be a great place to settle. We can either surface mine the rock to flatten it, or we can move back east a bit to the flatter and wider area. The only problem would be moving up there. I only found one way up, and you have to stand in a very specific spot in the crater below the pyramid peak in order to climb up. It would be possible to bring carts to that point, then just chaingang the rest of our stuff up. We'd have to build another cart at the top, but that's not much of a problem.

Also, there are alot of animals up there, mainly scorpions, hardened deer, bears, spiders and blue unicorns, however, there are no cows or horses. We'd have to bring our own from somewhere else.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2012, 11:38:28 am »

I think I'm done with this game, I've left all my possessions in the cart by the water, including the wooden parts to make a rowboat which has been started on the water there.

Shame, I enjoyed playing with you.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2012, 12:21:10 pm »

Notice to everyone:

Even we raided some 100kg of cotton, please do not go through them like they're free.

If you need bandaging, use rags.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43