Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191358 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1425 on: January 14, 2014, 06:37:53 am »

Dey gots to get dem Simoleons.

I love when games name the currency something witty and appropriate.
To be fair the name was made up before shitty naming was a big deal.
This might be interesting.
'Bout time.

Now how about a price drop to go with it?
Nope, still 60$ This is BS btw. All this shows is that DLC was selling badly. Too little too late...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 14, 2014, 06:43:01 am »

Dey gots to get dem Simoleons.

I love when games name the currency something witty and appropriate.
To be fair the name was made up before shitty naming was a big deal.
This might be interesting.
'Bout time.

Now how about a price drop to go with it?
Nope, still 60$ This is BS btw. All this shows is that DLC was selling badly. Too little too late...
Of note, it's $40 at department stores (eg Walmart, Target etc, maybe Best Buy?) and has been for a while. I'm not sure why they keep it at $60 online but if you ARE buying it for some reason, keep that in mind.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1427 on: January 14, 2014, 06:54:57 am »

You could watch this and see if they restock

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/SimCity-Limited-Edition-PC-Game/productID.290935500

$15 for the base game is a deal

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 14, 2014, 06:59:54 am »

You could watch this and see if they restock

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/SimCity-Limited-Edition-PC-Game/productID.290935500

$15 for the base game is a deal
Well $15 with an offline patch seems reasonable. I doubt they'll restock though, that seems like a "we need to get rid of this garbage" price.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 14, 2014, 07:23:09 am »

Are you really expecting a price drop for an offline mode? Odds are EA will make the price go up and then say 'oops we lied there's no offline'. Good god I hate those bastards.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 14, 2014, 08:42:16 am »

Isn't it still online authentication?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:08 am »

Naturally

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 14, 2014, 02:17:24 pm »

So they still haven't lied when they said it was impossible to make it offline. Good to know. the bastards

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 14, 2014, 03:39:32 pm »

So they still haven't lied when they said it was impossible to make it offline. Good to know. the bastards
Well, not in ways that they want you to. It is possible to run the game offline by some means.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 14, 2014, 04:18:11 pm »

No they lied...don't mistake that. But at least they are getting there...waiting for bigger maps before I play it again...it will come...eventually.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 14, 2014, 04:50:17 pm »

No they lied...don't mistake that. But at least they are getting there...waiting for bigger maps before I play it again...it will come...eventually.

I highly doubt it. The AI is only smart enough to use one access road into a given "city".

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 14, 2014, 04:58:21 pm »

I highly doubt it. The AI is only smart enough to use one access road into a given "city".

They lied and said that most the calculations of the simulations were being done "on the cloud" and that a single home computer couldn't do all the calculations....then within a month or two of the game being out someone modded it to play offline and it worked just fine...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:13 pm »

They lied and said that most the calculations of the simulations were being done "on the cloud" and that a single home computer couldn't do all the calculations....then within a month or two of the game being out someone modded it to play offline and it worked just fine...
Obviously the poop disposal simulation was simplefied since then. Otherwise the poop physics would clog up any normal computer.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 14, 2014, 09:20:28 pm »

How could they make the space to build so small?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 14, 2014, 09:33:37 pm »

How could they make the space to build so small?

IDK who or how or why...I just know its garbage...I am just waiting for the expansion pack that larger city sizes come in...probably for $30
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98