Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191449 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1290 on: March 27, 2013, 05:30:08 pm »

well, of course you regret buying Sims 3 expansions :V

Because it is me or because Sims 3 expansions are kinda not very good?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 27, 2013, 06:12:00 pm »

Right now, it's $40 on Amazon.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 27, 2013, 06:12:23 pm »

FWIW, I was one of those people that was not going to buy SimCity under any circumstances because I was mad at EA. I folded like a cheap lawn chair and bought the game about 2 hours before launch. I instantly regretted it and I regret it even more now. When it was time to pick my free game, I picked Sim City 4 merely to make a statement. I also decided that I would not ask for a refund because;

1) It's my damn fault for impulse buying what I knew was going to be a rotten game.

and

2) I wanted to keep a memento of this event. Something that would always eat at my craw. Something that would agitate me so much that I would never forget how badly EA screwed gamers. I decided to not ask for a refund and wear this SimCity as a badge of shame, a constant reminder to never ever, under any circumstances;
      a) Buy any game from EA
and
     b) Never pre-order any game

Sadly, I will fail at this because I will preorder GTA. So I am still a schmuck! :D

^ This, really.

Though with series like GTA, they don't really mess with the format or delivery as such and so it's a much safer pre-order.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #1293 on: March 27, 2013, 10:04:11 pm »

Nope, no regrets. Frustrations here and there, sure, there are some bugs with traffic pathing that can lead to certain things grinding to a halt, but they're minor bugs that I imagine will be solved sooner rather than later.

For my part, and keep in mind that this is likely as much because I'm playing it with friends as anything else, I'm having an amazing time. One of the biggest hurdles for me was overcoming the smaller scale, but once I decided to look at it from a different direction, that being the district vs whole city thing I was talking about in my last post, it actually started to feel pretty good. The game is made to be played across multiple cities though (either controlled by yourself or others), much more so than Sim City 4. The overlays and charts/readouts help a lot in seeing what's moving where, and I felt the addition of things like mining and manufacture really brought something good to the table. It was an example of a positive change, in my opinion, over the other games, and I've had a lot of fun working with my friends to produce certain products; in this case, TV's, which in turn, required processors, which in turn required plastics and alloys... which I've chosen to get through a militant recycling regime!

It wont e for everyone, obviously, and I can't even say that people are getting hung up on the fact it's made by EA. This game does have its flaws, no denying it, but at least as far as I'm concerned, I'm having fun. Lots and lots of fun, and my enjoyment is only likely to increase as the bugs get ironed out.

I haven't read back through the thread yet, but if there's a group of us who're playing we could consider setting up a private region on invite only, and all claim a city there so we can work together :)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 27, 2013, 10:49:36 pm »

Sadly, I will fail at this because I will preorder GTA. So I am still a schmuck! :D

That probably doesn't count.  AFAIK Rockstar have never put out a bad game.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 27, 2013, 11:41:55 pm »

That probably doesn't count.  AFAIK Rockstar have never put out a bad game.
That, GTA franchise were always rising each time a new OPUS came out so hard to do a mistake. Now if EA buy rockstar... thats another story, you might end up in a first person shooter, cars-on-rail game. But eh...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 28, 2013, 12:30:11 am »

Not even EA would mess with R*, with their consistently making record-selling games.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 28, 2013, 12:41:29 am »

Not even EA would mess with R*, with their consistently making record-selling games.
Yeah It's not like maxis ever had record selling games before EA bought them or anything.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 28, 2013, 02:56:59 am »

Not to be an ass, but if i were a small to medium company and had difficulty i would prefer going down with my ship than letting my babe be bought out by EA... Luckily i did something similar in the past and everything went fine and no complaints on my part but hell.... EA buying me? Better kill me than let my company go to them....
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 28, 2013, 03:37:37 am »

I've had the game a while now, and when I first posted about it I listed lots of things I hated but that it was still a fun game. That lasted all of a week for me, and since then I've not gone back to it which makes me wonder if it was worth the £40 purchase price. To make matters worse there have been a couple of times I've gone to play SimCity 4 and then though I shouldn't because I should be playing the new one and then deciding I didn't feel like, which means its killed my wish to play the previous version too :(
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 03, 2013, 01:23:35 pm »

After being denied a refund twice with Green Man Gaming, I have now asked Paypal to resolve the dispute for me. Asking for another refund through Paypal before escalating it to a chargeback.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:27:50 pm by pilgrimboy »
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »

After being denied a refund twice with Green Man Gaming, I have now asked Paypal to resolve the dispute for me. Asking for another refund through Paypal before escalating it to a chargeback.
I hope it goes well for you friend.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 04, 2013, 06:00:00 am »

It's really good, but it would be better if the cities would be bigger.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 04, 2013, 06:11:12 am »

In my opinion, the most pressing issue at the moment is the lack of some kind of filter when looking for games. It's literally impossible to find a game with empty slots right now, just page upon page of full regions.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 04, 2013, 10:09:47 am »

I interested in this game's sales and refunds/chargeback amount. Any way I can track these?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98