Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Hammertime - Here Comes the Hammer [Game Over]  (Read 45146 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em [Day 1]
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 12:21:36 am »

Andrew is either noobtown or just did the worst bus ever.
And how exactly is Andrew bussing Penngo? I saw him ask Penngo a silly RVS question that doesn't really have any meaning, but I don't see any votes going between them.

penngo009: Who is your scum partner?
I really also think people shouldn't auto vote Andrew, though.
He has one vote. Mine. Why don't you want people voting Andrew?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 12:28:20 am »

Wow Penngo009, I was going out on a limb but you've given me something to hang on to.

Andrew, it's too early to be uncorking that particular bottle.
Why'd you claim town in your first post?

I guess if you interpret innocent dancer as town then yes. I was just trying to put in a bit of flavour.

Andrew425:Why did you come out immediately saying that you were townie and then accuse penngo of being scum before anyone had even posted?
For now I'm putting the first part down as attempted humor, but still...

I like to mix my RVS with direct accusations. People react differently then normal RVS bull!@#$

Penngo: No questions to ask? ("The f*ck" not being counted)
I'm not the greatest at that. I like to pay attention to questions, though. I will ask them if I think I need to. I don't like asking random crap to be honest. I really don't think random comments/votes are very necessary though, and can pose many risks on hammer scenarios. ex......

Why are you making up quotes for me?

That seems scummy. Why don't you answer the question? Who is your scum partner?

penngo009

Andrew: Why do you assume Penngo is scum?

I didn't until now.

Urist McUselessNoble How do you like to start RVS off?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 12:32:38 am »

And how exactly is Andrew bussing Penngo? I saw him ask Penngo a silly RVS question that doesn't really have any meaning, but I don't see any votes going between them.
He's implying that Penngo is mafia, which constitutes a bus. Penngo is defending Andrew even in his first post. If they're not scum they're probably some sort of cult/mason/lover thing.

PPE: Well now he is voting Penngo. Plot thickens.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 12:45:43 am »

He (somewhat) fixed it in his next post.

I didn't until now.
You totally did earlier. Only scum have scum partners so by implying he has a scum partner, you're saying he is also scum.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 12:46:58 am »

Andrew, it's too early to be uncorking that particular bottle.
Why'd you claim town in your first post?

I guess if you interpret innocent dancer as town then yes. I was just trying to put in a bit of flavour.
Right, because saying that you're a totally innocent dancer that can do no wrong isn't claiming town at all.

penngo009
That-
What? That is the flimsiest excuse for voting somebody I have ever seen. He botched up the quotes. He admitted this after EBWOP'ing. How does a simple mistake make him scum?

I didn't until now.
Whaaat? You asked Penngo who his scumpartner is. That is assuming that he's scum. Answer the question.

He's implying that Penngo is mafia, which constitutes a bus. Penngo is defending Andrew even in his first post.
See, before he voted for Penngo I'd tell you you're wrong because he isn't trying to lynch Penngo.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 12:57:39 am »

He's implying that Penngo is mafia, which constitutes a bus. Penngo is defending Andrew even in his first post.
See, before he voted for Penngo I'd tell you you're wrong because he isn't trying to lynch Penngo.
This is just semantics. Good thing you restated my arguments into your post though.  ::)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 01:27:43 am »

Andrew. That is the town title. There is no interpretation there, the fact that you think there is makes me think you're scum.

Also this:

Whaaat? You asked Penngo who his scumpartner is. That is assuming that he's scum. Answer the question.

And now this question, too: What are you trying to achieve by asking who is scumpartner is?

Zombie: You can't have answers without questions. You missed the point of my question, allow me to rephrase:

Why do you feel the need to mention that Andrew didn't vote? Also, how is Penngo being protective of Andrew?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 02:34:10 am »

zombie urist
Urist McUselessNoble How well do you think we Urists will get along?
Why, that rather depends on whether you're scum or not. If you're not scum, you may want to stop trying to use cheap talk to get on my good side. Because that's the sort of thing scum might do to try to take people's eyes off them.

He's implying that Penngo is mafia, which constitutes a bus. Penngo is defending Andrew even in his first post. If they're not scum they're probably some sort of cult/mason/lover thing.
Lovers is improbable. Lovers lose when they successfully bus their lover. Bussing your lover as an opening gambit is not just controversial, it's downright courageous.

Jim Groovester
As a innocent dancer I find it appalling that someone would steal the golden hammer!
Claiming town already? How about this: I don't believe you. Give me reason to.
The flavour matches, and I wouldn't have been able to fakeclaim "dancer" based purely on what is known in public so far. I guess Scum!Andrew could have inferred the rolename from his PM, but that seems like a gutsy sort of gambit to pull, and Andrew is not a gutsy player. Then again, I don't know MC Hammer's shtick, so I don't know how significant that is.

Urist McUselessNoble, I haven't played with you before but I see you in the Politbastard game and have reason to believe you might know what you're doing. How extensive is your mafia experience?
Aside from the Politibastard game, none at all. And it isn't really that comparable because Politibastard is role-heavy, and without overstepping the bounds of propriety w.r.t. discussion of running games, one may safely say that the roles played a major part in my day game there.

Aside from that, I've read through most of the first page of threads on this board. I've also read some theory pertaining to power roles. Speaking of which:

OrangeBottle: You're an advanced dopp. At what stage in the game do you convert someone? Are there any power roles which would alter your schedule if they had been claimed/suspected/eliminated?

Phantom of The Library
Urist McUselessNoble:What is your past mafia experience?  How do you plan on approaching this game?
I have outlined my past experience to Jim immediately prior. My approach... I guess hammers mean I'll be more cautious about pressure votes, and look over wagons a lot more closely before getting on them, even when my case on the suspect is good. Normally I wouldn't care whether someone had a scumwagon on him if my case was good, unless we were close to the deadline. Now the deadline is always "when the hammer falls."

Other than that, I'll have to pretty much play it by ear: My comparative advantage, as it were, is in going over data and claims and finding inconsistencies - because inconsistencies mean that someone is lying, and I like lynching liars. But with the game being role-light, there won't be all that many claims or that much data for me to go over.

zombie urist:
Jim, I know how he plays better than I do Dariush and from what I have observed his play style is more similar to mine than Dariush's.
I can't understand this sentence.
It makes excellent sense if you replace the first comma with a period. (It is also a syntactically valid English sentence as presently constructed, but it is currently addressed to Jim, discussing Dariush and a previously named third player. Which is very probably not the message the author wished to convey.)

Andrew425:
Weak. That's a formatting snafu that penngo corrected in the immediately following post.

Urist McUselessNoble How do you like to start RVS off?
With a question on an aspect of mafia theory which is not likely to pertain to the current game. That provides a substantive subject for conversation, while at the same time avoiding rolefishing, flimsy accusations or other garbage that reduces the signal-to-noise ratio of the thread.

But since most of the players (including the mods) seem to be in a time zone that causes them to start games when I'm asleep, I mostly get involved at the end of RVS.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 03:02:59 am »

The flavour matches, and I wouldn't have been able to fakeclaim "dancer" based purely on what is known in public so far. I guess Scum!Andrew could have inferred the rolename from his PM, but that seems like a gutsy sort of gambit to pull, and Andrew is not a gutsy player. Then again, I don't know MC Hammer's shtick, so I don't know how significant that is.

I didn't really want your opinion about it, but thanks anyway.

Why did you provide an answer on Andrew425's behalf?

Which reminds me:

Andrew425,
As a innocent dancer I find it appalling that someone would steal the golden hammer!

Claiming town already? How about this: I don't believe you. Give me reason to.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 07:27:31 am »

Jim, I know how he plays better than I do Dariush and from what I have observed his play style is more similar to mine than Dariush's.
I can't understand this sentence.

Zombie Urist: RVS is more about the questions than the votes, don't you think?
Actually I think RVS is more about how people respond.

Unvote
Penngo009 You're being very protective of Andrew. Why?
Andrew is either noobtown or just did the worst bus ever. And your response makes you two look more like scum than town.

Because people make horrible mistakes, obviously. That wasn't even being very protective "We shouldn't just auto vote Andrew" isn't very significant, I'm saying we need to avoid being idiots.

Wow Penngo009, I was going out on a limb but you've given me something to hang on to.

Penngo: No questions to ask? ("The f*ck" not being counted)
I'm not the greatest at that. I like to pay attention to questions, though. I will ask them if I think I need to. I don't like asking random crap to be honest. I really don't think random comments/votes are very necessary though, and can pose many risks on hammer scenarios. ex......

penngo009

I didn't until now.

That is just ridiculous......Andrew425 we need evidence, because I obviously see none. He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)

Wtf is up with this dude? That's obviously suspicious. Not to mention he starts going haywire on my in the first day WITH NO PROOF or logical reasoning.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 08:26:11 am »

Vote Count:

Jim Groovester:
NativeForeigner:
Phantom of The Library:
Urist McUselessNoble:
Orangebottle:
Andrew425: Orangebottle, NativeForeigner, penngo009
Dariush:
penngo009: zombie urist, Andrew425
zombie urist:

No Lynch:

Not voting:  Jim Groovester, Phantom of The Library, Urist McUselessNoble, Dariush

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:56 am »

Because you were making an accusation that I considered implausible based on my read of Andrew.

When Andrew makes what you view as an implausible assertion, you call him out. When you make what I view as an implausible assertion, I call you out. This is a problem because?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 01:47:07 pm »

My hands itch to vote Andrew, but my gut tells me that he's simply an extremely idiotic town.

He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)
Uh, what's up with that forcibly relaxed tone? Panicking already? Also, probable scum? Why are you voting for probable scum, penngo?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 02:07:10 pm »

Because you were making an accusation that I considered implausible based on my read of Andrew.

When Andrew makes what you view as an implausible assertion, you call him out. When you make what I view as an implausible assertion, I call you out. This is a problem because?

It's RVS pressure, bub.

It's a dead end accusation but I still want to see the response.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 04:12:07 pm »

My hands itch to vote Andrew, but my gut tells me that he's simply an extremely idiotic town.

He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)
Uh, what's up with that forcibly relaxed tone? Panicking already? Also, probable scum? Why are you voting for probable scum, penngo?
You know, the other game you accused of me panicking already, you were scum, so I could careless about that statement.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17