Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Hammertime - Here Comes the Hammer [Game Over]  (Read 45149 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em [Day 1]
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 05:41:34 pm »

I guess if you interpret innocent dancer as town then yes. I was just trying to put in a bit of flavour.
Andrew. That is the town title. There is no interpretation there, the fact that you think there is makes me think you're scum.

Yes i'm town. I just thought that because every is assumed to be town at the beginning what harm would it be to say that i'm town?

Claiming town already? How about this: I don't believe you. Give me reason to.

I'm trying to hunt scum?

Due to the formatting issues, let me clarify.

I think that penngo009 saying let's not vote for Andrew is scummy.

Phantom After winning last game as the scum how will you help the town win this game?

May the mass times acceleration be with you

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 05:58:30 pm »

Andrew. That is the town title. There is no interpretation there, the fact that you think there is makes me think you're scum.
Yes i'm town. I just thought that because every is assumed to be town at the beginning what harm would it be to say that i'm town?

Wow, way to avoid my accusation, ignore my question again, and contradict yourself all in the same vote. I'm impressed.

I guess if you interpret innocent dancer as town then yes. I was just trying to put in a bit of flavour.

Here you try to suggest that we're only be interpreting "innocent dancer" as town, which would make me believe you weren't actually sure "innocent dancer" was town's actual title.

In your very next post (quoted above), after I pointed out that it was the town title and there was no interpretation, you claim that you knew it was the town title and you didn't see the harm in claiming town. That means you're lying. Town has no reason to lie, scum does. Go hang.

Before you do, though. Answer my damn questions:

Whaaat? You asked Penngo who his scumpartner is. That is assuming that he's scum. Answer the question.

And now this question, too: What are you trying to achieve by asking who is scumpartner is?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 06:04:01 pm »

I'm trying to hunt scum?
Well, you're being really crappy at it.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »

It's RVS pressure, bub.

It's a dead end accusation but I still want to see the response.
And absolutely nothing about my objection gives Andrew any room to wiggle out of responding.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 07:32:29 pm »

McUselessNoble:
Aside from that, I've read through most of the first page of threads on this board. I've also read some theory pertaining to power roles. Speaking of which:

OrangeBottle: You're an advanced dopp. At what stage in the game do you convert someone? Are there any power roles which would alter your schedule if they had been claimed/suspected/eliminated?
Hypothetically speaking, whenever a lynch on me was passed over for a lynch on someone scummier. That may be night one. That may be night three.

And no, power roles wouldn't mess with my schedule.

Penngo:
Because people make horrible mistakes, obviously. That wasn't even being very protective "We shouldn't just auto vote Andrew" isn't very significant, I'm saying we need to avoid being idiots.
So you're saying that we shouldn't vote for the scummy guy because he's being scummy?

That is just ridiculous......Andrew425 we need evidence, because I obviously see none. He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)
The hypocrisy is palpable.

You know, the other game you accused of me panicking already, you were scum, so I could careless about that statement.
Just because it happens once when he's scum doesn't mean he's always scum when he does it. Meta is established over several games, not just one.

I'm trying to hunt scum?
Well, you're being really crappy at it.
Said the pot to the kettle.

Dariush:
My hands itch to vote Andrew, but my gut tells me that he's simply an extremely idiotic town.

He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)
Uh, what's up with that forcibly relaxed tone? Panicking already? Also, probable scum? Why are you voting for probable scum, penngo?
Why shouldn't Penngo be voting for the person he finds most suspicious?
Would you prefer he vote for someone who he thinks is town?

Andrew:

I'm trying to hunt scum?
"No. Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
~Yoda
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 07:39:32 pm »

McUselessNoble:
Aside from that, I've read through most of the first page of threads on this board. I've also read some theory pertaining to power roles. Speaking of which:

OrangeBottle: You're an advanced dopp. At what stage in the game do you convert someone? Are there any power roles which would alter your schedule if they had been claimed/suspected/eliminated?
Hypothetically speaking, whenever a lynch on me was passed over for a lynch on someone scummier. That may be night one. That may be night three.

And no, power roles wouldn't mess with my schedule.
That's not the theory they give you on the Epicmafia wiki (they call the role a yakuza, but it works basically the same way).

Also, why wouldn't a vig change change your schedule?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 07:45:10 pm »

Maybe that's because I chose to think about the question instead of looking it up on some wiki.

In that case, a vig wouldn't change change my schedule because I'd be dead, and the schedule would be useless.
My Sig

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2012, 07:52:54 pm »

I didn't say you were wrong. I said your response didn't match the textbook response.

What makes you think you'd get vigged before getting to dopp someone?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »

Your previous question implied that the vigilante would kill me before I would be able to use my advdopp.
My Sig

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 08:00:03 pm »

Zombie: You can't have answers without questions. You missed the point of my question, allow me to rephrase:
Why do you feel the need to mention that Andrew didn't vote? Also, how is Penngo being protective of Andrew?
I expected RVS to include votes since I think pressure creates better answers. He laughed off Andrew's town claim as him being idiotic. Then he said we shouldn't "auto-vote" Andrew. Penngo even admitted to being protective later on.

Jim, I know how he plays better than I do Dariush and from what I have observed his play style is more similar to mine than Dariush's.
I can't understand this sentence.
It makes excellent sense if you replace the first comma with a period. (It is also a syntactically valid English sentence as presently constructed, but it is currently addressed to Jim, discussing Dariush and a previously named third player. Which is very probably not the message the author wished to convey.)
Yeah it makes more sense after having a good night's sleep.

Penngo009 You're being very protective of Andrew. Why?
Andrew is either noobtown or just did the worst bus ever. And your response makes you two look more like scum than town.
Because people make horrible mistakes, obviously. That wasn't even being very protective "We shouldn't just auto vote Andrew" isn't very significant, I'm saying we need to avoid being idiots.
Yes it was very protective and also very significant. We all know that people make mistakes and some of these mistakes reveal scum.

That is just ridiculous......Andrew425 we need evidence, because I obviously see none. He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)
OMGUS/Bandwagon. At the same time. Impressive.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »

I expected RVS to include votes since I think pressure creates better answers. He laughed off Andrew's town claim as him being idiotic. Then he said we shouldn't "auto-vote" Andrew. Penngo even admitted to being protective later on.

It might just be me, but I find a RV to hold zero pressure and generally a personal choice instead of a standard.

Mm, I must've missed that.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 09:15:47 pm »

Penngo009 You're being very protective of Andrew. Why?
Andrew is either noobtown or just did the worst bus ever. And your response makes you two look more like scum than town.
Yes it was very protective and also very significant. We all know that people make mistakes and some of these mistakes reveal scum.
Though, it's even makes you look more stupid when they aren't. Consider everything/everyone, not just one player.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 11:52:54 pm »

You know, the other game you accused of me panicking already, you were scum, so I could careless about that statement.

Just because he was scum in some other game and used the same argument doesn't mean that he's wrong about you in this game.

You still have to answer the accusation.

Nope, not how it works. It's not 'town until proven otherwise' it is 'town when proven town' and 'scum when proven scum.'

I'm trying to hunt scum?

I don't know, man. I'm still not convinced, and you're not doing that great of a job of convincing me.

Phantom After winning last game as the scum how will you help the town win this game?

So you know he's town? Because the only people who know that another player is town are scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 01:08:11 am »

That's not the theory they give you on the Epicmafia wiki (they call the role a yakuza, but it works basically the same way).
Also, why wouldn't a vig change change your schedule?
Epicmafia is not a good place to learn/play mafia. What did you expect to learn if OB gave you the textbook answer?

Though, it's even makes you look more stupid when they aren't. Consider everything/everyone, not just one player.
How do you know they (he) isn't and if Andrew isn't then why are you voting for him?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2012, 04:32:15 am »

Epicmafia is not a good place to learn/play mafia.
Noted. Mafiascum was down when I looked it up, though, so I had to go with the one I could get through to.

What did you expect to learn if OB gave you the textbook answer?
If he gave the textbook answer I would have learned very little, other than the fact that he had read the same textbook I had. Since he did not, I learned a bit about how he thinks about power roles and their role powers. It may not have immediate useful applications, but, well, few RVS questions do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17