Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Hammertime - Here Comes the Hammer [Game Over]  (Read 45150 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Coming shortlyish. [9/9]
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 04:30:26 pm »

Spoilspec please?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Coming shortlyish. [9/9]
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 04:37:21 pm »

At the 10th Annual MC Hammer Fine Arts Convention, nine MC Hammer impersonators sat resting in the green room.  They were scheduled to perform during the awards ceremony that was just about to start up.

Their manager burst in.  “I can’t believe this!  The Golden Hammer has been stolen, and someone saw two of you doing it!  The police have been called and will arrest all of you if the guilty parties don’t come forward!”  The Golden Hammer was a valuable MC Hammer relic needed at the awards ceremony- without it, the show would be cancelled.

No one moved.

Sighing, the manager yelled, “Fine!  You guys figure it out then!  Send out who you think did it, and security will frisk them!”

The lights flickered a few times.  Swearing, the manager slammed the switch. “I thought they said they fixed these damned electrical problems...”  He stormed out.

Everyone looked at everyone else.  Two of them were guilty, and seven were not.  The arguing began in earnest.

Day 1 has begun!

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em [Day 1]
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 06:16:10 pm »

As a innocent dancer I find it appalling that someone would steal the golden hammer!

penngo009: Who is your scum partner?

Phantom: Would you rather have Jim or Dariush as your scum partner?

May the mass times acceleration be with you

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 06:28:53 pm »

((Requesting Spoilspec.))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:30 pm »

Andrew[/color], it's too early to be uncorking that particular bottle.
Why'd you claim town in your first post?

Dariush: How is the lack of a time limit on days going to affect your play?

Phantom: I don't believe I've played a game with you before. Do you have any prior experience?
Who would you hammer first, a vigilante claimant who's been the only person killing for two days in a row, or a miller who claimed after a cop claimed a scum result on him?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:53 pm »

EBWOP:
Andrew, it's too early to be uncorking that particular bottle.
Why'd you claim town in your first post?

Dariush: How is the lack of a time limit on days going to affect your play?

Phantom: I don't believe I've played a game with you before. Do you have any prior experience?
Who would you hammer first, a vigilante claimant who's been the only person killing for two days in a row, or a miller who claimed after a cop claimed a scum result on him?
Fix'd.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 06:47:29 pm »

Phantom of the Library Which two players do you fear most as a scumteam and why?

Andrew425 How can you RVS without a vote?

Urist McUselessNoble How well do you think we Urists will get along?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:47 pm »

As a innocent dancer I find it appalling that someone would steal the golden hammer!

Claiming town already? How about this: I don't believe you. Give me reason to.

NativeForeigner, you were in the last hammer game I played (Vengeful Mafia 9). Likelihood that the game will die like that game, and what should we do to stop it?

Phantom of the Library, how good are you feeling coming out of your first mafia win? (On this board anyway.)

Urist McUselessNoble, I haven't played with you before but I see you in the Politbastard game and have reason to believe you might know what you're doing. How extensive is your mafia experience?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »

...Just no. Twas probable an idiot being an idiot but.....

The f*ck?
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 08:12:20 pm »

NativeForeigner, you were in the last hammer game I played (Vengeful Mafia 9). Likelihood that the game will die like that game, and what should we do to stop it?

I think the likelihood of this game dying is rather low compared to VM9. The days aren't necessarily infinite, unlike VM9 if no one posts within 48 hours, the day ends. That should be enough to keep it from dying completely. However, since I don't want to see it come down to that, obviously everyone should stay active and encourage others to do so. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world.

Zombie Urist: RVS is more about the questions than the votes, don't you think?

Andrew: Why do you assume Penngo is scum?

Penngo: No questions to ask? ("The f*ck" not being counted)
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 10:51:28 pm »

I'm not the greatest at that. I like to pay attention to questions, though. I will ask them if I think I need to. I don't like asking random crap to be honest. I really don't think random comments/votes are very necessary though, and can pose many risks on hammer scenarios. ex......
I really also think people shouldn't auto vote Andrew, though.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 10:52:55 pm »

I'm not the greatest at that. I like to pay attention to questions, though. I will ask them if I think I need to. I don't like asking random crap to be honest. I really don't think random comments/votes are very necessary though, and can pose many risks on hammer scenarios. ex......
I really also think people shouldn't auto vote Andrew, though.
*Corrected*

Steam name- Pengoooo

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 11:23:22 pm »

Vote Count:

Jim Groovester:
NativeForeigner:
Phantom of The Library: zombie urist
Urist McUselessNoble:
Orangebottle:
Andrew425: Orangebottle
Dariush:
penngo009:
zombie urist:

No Lynch:

Not voting:  Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Phantom of The Library, Urist McUselessNoble, Andrew425, Dariush, penngo009

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »

Phantom: Would you rather have Jim or Dariush as your scum partner?
Jim, I know how he plays better than I do Dariush and from what I have observed his play style is more similar to mine than Dariush's.

This is the first full game I've played, (as Jim stated) zombie urist and I won the last BM as mafia.
As for who I would hammer first.  It depends, if the kills had been innocent and the miller looked town then I would definitely lynch the vig.  If the miller looked scummy I would carefully look over the game and decide which one looked scummier, as it's very easy for a SK to pretend to be a vigilante, or they might not even have a NK, and it's just the scum killing people and he's claiming credit trying to make himself look townie.

Phantom of the Library Which two players do you fear most as a scumteam and why?
Probably Jim and some person that I've never seen before such as penngo or urist mcuselessnoble.  Jim, for similar reasons as above and because I know of his reputation and have seen several games in which he has played, and he certainly is very dangerous when playing as scum.  The others simply because I have absolutely no clue how they might act or what their skills are at mafia.  Most people here I've at least read a part of a game which they were in, but there are a few who I have absolutely no reading on.
Keep in mind though that this is all meta, though and I don't actually intend to use it in-game, as it seems like the easy path to WIFOM.

Phantom of the Library, how good are you feeling coming out of your first mafia win? (On this board anyway.)
It was the very first game of mafia I've ever played.
I feel pretty good and fairly confident in my skills, but I'm still wary, I feel a bit like a very small fish who managed to outsmart a couple big ones and eat a couple of other small fish. I'm in the same pond still and I know it a little better, but I'm still new to the waters and there's no guarantee that I can outsmart the big fish again.

Andrew425:Why did you come out immediately saying that you were townie and then accuse penngo of being scum before anyone had even posted?
For now I'm putting the first part down as attempted humor, but still...

Urist McUselessNoble:What is your past mafia experience?  How do you plan on approaching this game?

I forgot about something that I have to do this week and I will be busy and may not be able to post every day until sometime next week.  I will try to get in at least one post a day, but I apologize ahead of time if I cannot. 
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:04 am »

Jim, I know how he plays better than I do Dariush and from what I have observed his play style is more similar to mine than Dariush's.
I can't understand this sentence.

Zombie Urist: RVS is more about the questions than the votes, don't you think?
Actually I think RVS is more about how people respond.

Unvote
Penngo009 You're being very protective of Andrew. Why?
Andrew is either noobtown or just did the worst bus ever. And your response makes you two look more like scum than town.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17