Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253441 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I should seriously get around to playing my adventure mode in DF2014.

(Also, Mr Frog's a brony? Vanya's an elf? My whole world is being turned upside down! )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

The fact that it's turned upside down by such mundane things says that you clearly aren't disciplined enough.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

(Also, Mr Frog's a brony? Vanya's an elf? My whole world is being turned upside down! )

What

how could you not know

it says so right in my sig

literally every post I make tells you i'm a brony

but

whuh

buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is scaring and confusing me so I think I'm gonna go watch season 2 until my life starts to make sense again
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

The fact that it's turned upside down by such mundane things says that you clearly aren't disciplined enough.
Or it means that I'm 90% asleep.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf?

Really? Comeon, the facts that shes tall, covers her ears and has little-to-none facial hair dident tip you off?
I've only read 6 chapters... :/

XD Lol, yeah. Spoilers. It's a reveal in chapter seven... :P You're one chapter short. But no, she's an elf - I wanted the challenge of making an elf that Spearbreakers (and Bay12) could like, while retaining a certain elven aspect of her personality. I guess I was successful. :P

Mr Frog, I think your account's been hacked! Ppft! Good job, quit messin' with me though! ;P ( Nah, I know you're messing with Talvieno. )

Pardon me, but I'm a bit dumb right now (must be the summer heat) and I'm not sure what you're talking about here :V
He meant you're tormenting me with a pony avatar. :P Also that he may or may have not known you were that serious of an MLP fan.

The current SB II raws need a lot of testing and fixing. I haven't really gotten to fort mode yet with the new version, sadly.
[/quote]

Vanya's "tall for a dwarf", and has a lighter build. Remember, ingame, elves are barely bigger than dwarves. A human might mistake her for a child, given that elvish builds are closer to humans in proportion.
Also, yeah, as stated, she has no facial hair. (By default, female dwarves in DF don't, but I think it's only commented out.) She also hides her pointed ears.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Gad, the quote cockups are evil.

Also, they dont? I remember seeing one who did...

I think...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Gad, the quote cockups are evil.

Also, they dont? I remember seeing one who did...

I think...
The beards? It's a simple [] to the raws to give them back.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yah, but I thought i saw one on a female in a vanilla save.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Yah, but I thought i saw one on a female in a vanilla save.
Clearly, this was a god in human dwarf form. WORSHIP OR DIE.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

LOLFAIL. I JUST NOTICED YOUR SIGNATURE. I STRONGLY CONSIDERED PUTTING THOSE LYRICS IN MY OWN SIGNATURE.
That is all.

:3~<

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

:3~<
I have no Idea what that means. Actually, I think I see Cthulhu in there...

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

♫Cthulu, I see yoooouuuu♫

On another note, I had a weird dream which took place in the Einsteinian Roulette Universe, but I was being chased by Fischer and the Spawn. I am beyond confused.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

This for some reason kept making me think of this, especially the bottom description. Doesn't cover everything but it covers quite a bit of stuff that happened in the fort itself (Vanya's adventures are understandably neglected, as they happened where others couldn't hear of them at the time.)

Sanusthalsish Nish Ates "Auburnmenace The Fear of Stakes," an immense steel slab.

This is an immense steel slab. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. The object menaces with spikes of steel and is studded with gold.

On the slab is an image of dwarves and a wagon in mahogany wood. The dwarves are laboring. The image relates to the foundation of Spearbreakers in the year 200.
On the slab is an image of Stova Townbends the dwarf. Stova is screaming. On the slab is an image of a Spawn of Holistic Warrior and Fischer Strifefulrope The Blanketed Convent in Spawn of Holistic Bone. Fischer is striking down the spawn. Fischer is silently crying. The image relates to the transformation and killing of Stova Townbends.
On the slab is an image of Talvieno Diamondknight the dwarf and dwarves in cherrywood. Talvieno is surrounded by the dwarves. Talvieno is screaming. The Dwarves are panicking. The image relates to the appointment of Talvieno to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers and the first attack by the Spawn of Holistic in Spearbreakers in the year 201.
On the slab is an image of Mr Frog [EXPUNGED] the gnome and dwarves in plastic. Mr Frog is brandishing a strange device and is surrounded by the dwarves. The Dwarves are laboring. The image relates to the appointment of Mr Frog to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers in the year 202.
On the slab is an image of mugs, dwarves, and dwarves in shale. The mugs are striking a menacing pose. The dwarves look annoyed. The dwarves look terrified.
On the slab is an image of Spawn of Holistic Warriors and Dwarves in Iron. The Spawn of Holistic Warriors and Dwarves are fighting. The Dwarves are striking down The Spawn of Holsitic.
On the slab is an image of Spawny the Spawn of Holistic Warrior in Holistic Spawn bone. Spawny is striking a menacing pose.
On the slab is an image of Draignean Firstmoss the dwarf and dwarves in iron. Draignean Firstmoss is surrounded by the dwarves. Draignean is laughing. Many dwarves look annoyed. The image relates to the appointment of Draignean Firstmoss to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers in the year 204.
On the slab is an image of migrant dwarves in dwarf bone. The migrants are dead.
On the slab is an image of zombies and migrant dwarves in human bone. The zombies are massacring the migrant dwarves.
On the slab is an image of Mitchewawa the dwarf and a menacing hospital in magnetite. Mitchewawa is striking down the menacing hospital. The image relates to the appointment of Mitchewawa to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers in the the year 206
On the slab is an image of Paintbrushturkey the dwarf, dwarves, necromancers, and zombies in elf bone. Paintbrushturkey is leading the dwarves. The dwarves are killing the zombies. the necromancers are fleeing.
On the slab is an image of Vanya the Elf and Mr Frog the gnome in wood. Vanya looks resigned. Mr Frog looks annoyed.
On the slab is an image of a portal in bloodstone.
On the slab is an image of a forearm and fist in gold. The fist is making a rude gesture.
On the slab is an image of Duke Splint Spearspin the dwarf and oddly dressed dwarves in shale. The oddly dressed dwarves are speaking to Splint. Splint is screaming.
On the slab is an image of Devils of Shadow and dwarves in adamantine. The dwarves are massacring the Devils of Shadow. The Devils of Shadow are pleading for mercy.
On the slab is an image of Forgotten Beasts and Dauros Hushedboat The Old Legend the dwarf in forgotten beast bone. The forgotten beasts are fleeing. Dauros is striking a menacing pose.
On the slab is an image of Savero Greenpages and dwarves in giant emu leather. Savero is crying. The dwarves are dead.
On the slab is an image of two towers, a gate, dwarves, and invaders in adamantine. The dwarves are manning the towers. The dwarves are blocking the gatehouse. The invaders and dwarves are fighting. The dwarves are striking down the invaders. The image relates to the battle of Spearbreakers in
-all information past here has been damaged, corroded, or caked in blood/mud and is illegible.-

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Paste?
Highly Opinionated Fool

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

You forgot the engraving about me going insane.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 815