Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253402 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Is there anything you guys need done for the new fort?

Something's happened and I no longer feel like dealing with reality for a while.

Well, there's gonna be a metric assfuck of stuff to playtest in a bit once everything's converted for 40x.

I approve of eventual playtesting. I'm going to also integrate races primarily from Civilization Forge and Fortress Defense once they're updated as well. The inlands are a dangerous place after all, full of all kinds of horrific things and uppity locals/invaders.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I'm caught between Spearchains and Cainlances- err, Jadelances. Although that typo is awesome enough to leave there. :P
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Forgot to playtest for a bit, but I finally got back to it only to find out that Spawn are suddenly horrifically overpowered in the new version. Not sure if I changed something earlier and forgot about it or if the new pulping mechanic actually works in the Spawn's favour or what.

E: To give a better idea of how OP they are now, a squad of 25 grandmaster axedwarves in full iron armour got shredded by a squad of 20 baseline Spawn with the Spawn only suffering two losses.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:20:48 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Methinks they need some slight tweaking.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Maybe leave the untweaked Spawn in as megabeasts or something.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am now convinced that there is some kind of freaky bug with the arena. The first team to be spawned literally always wins with minimal casualties, regardless of other factors. If I make the Spawn team first, they win; if I make the dwarf team first, they win. This is with identical stats and raws either way.

Maybe I should update my game from 40.01 to 40.03 :V

E: Also, @Lolfail: if you're feeling down and need someone to bitch at, feel free to send me a PM. I'll be gentle, probably.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, part of the problem will supposedly be resolved in .40.04. Apparently all creatures would prefer unarmed attacks even when armed, which of course puts dwarves at significantIvotewetrainaunitofwrestlersnowthatIthinkofit.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Part of the problem, but there's still the fact that if (and only if) I made the dwarf squad first they would curbstomp the Spawn regardless of refusing to use their weapons. That seems very odd.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Once .04 comes out I'll start messing with values, drawing up stat tables, ect.

E: Also, @Lolfail: if you're feeling down and need someone to bitch at, feel free to send me a PM. I'll be gentle, probably.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

So, my game crashed a few days ago and I keep getting my butt kicked by this little two squad goblin siege that one of my dwarves instant killed the first time around. It makes me sad.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:46:15 pm by Starweaver396 »
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Trees give alot of wood...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You say that like it's a bad thing. Means less time on the surface for us, which in turn means less chance of spawn killing important workers. Plus, y'know, saves us a bunch of time.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

If you don't mind braving the caverns (some of the new FBs are incredibly tough to kill now), wood is very plentiful down in the caverns.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you don't mind braving the caverns (some of the new FBs are incredibly tough to kill now), wood is very plentiful down in the caverns.

Trees can be fatal to weavers if they're near/over water in the caverns. RIP Perat and Steel.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once .04 comes out I'll start messing with values, drawing up stat tables, ect.

Your girlfriend is... pretty stunningly inconsiderate, if that's the case O_o

I'm going to hold off on any major playtesting until .04, seeing as how any balancing I do will be thrown out the window once weapons work properly again.

Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 815