No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360087 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1380 on: July 22, 2012, 06:19:19 am »

My suggestion for the turn

1) Study the possibility to terraform Planet E, it's far from sun, sure, but that can be partially fixed by the right atmosphere

2) Start intensive mining of water and organic elements (carbon, nitrogen,  Potassium, phosphorus) at asteroid belt. Use mined elements for further terraforming and\or as a fertilizer on farming ships

3) How developed our space hydroponic shipfarms? If not enough, to cover all Aries food needs - build more

4) Declare our neutrality to any internal conflict on Gaia. Recognize it's independence, and announce that we will not protect them anymore. build embassies in all city states

5) Move all orbital defense sattelites from Gaia to Aries, If Gaians try to stop us - use force. This sattelites are ours
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 22, 2012, 06:31:36 am »

I didn't mean their frakking personalities or control, I just wanted the efficiency of a maven put in a simple killbot.

We don't even have to make them sentient.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 22, 2012, 06:37:02 am »

I'd rather offer them the choice:

-Either they give us more control
-Or we give them full control but retreat all defenses

That way it will seem like they have the choice, and not that we're abandoning them.

I didn't mean their frakking personalities or control, I just wanted the efficiency of a maven put in a simple killbot.

We don't even have to make them sentient.
The Mavens are not really efficient, they are obsessive, and in 3 years they don't seem to have accomplished much.
I think keeping them in our direct control seems to work better.

Besides, it's an organic brainmap. I don't think we can choose. It's all or nothing.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 22, 2012, 07:04:23 am »

I'd rather offer them the choice:

-Either they give us more control
-Or we give them full control but retreat all defenses

Yep, that's good, too

Either they agree that we will have final word in any internal conflict(s), and a right to enforce our word with the navy or we have no obligation to defend them
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1384 on: July 22, 2012, 09:55:23 am »

So we can change every cells genetics at one? If we can then we should develop a system to predict disease mutation and launch preemptive cures and immunity build ups.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 22, 2012, 10:04:36 am »

I propose this, based off of 10ebbor10's idea;

* Create an internet that allows widespread communication and transfer/storage of information. Can be based on Gaia, Aries or both as long as it can reach the main civilian populations. This should be a trivial task for us since we have more than enough miniaturization capability and materials to make very efficient systems. And yes, run polls so we can check if people have a fair opinion of us or they really want independence etc. etc.  They're going to want it eventually though, due to the inevitability of human nature and their desire to be free.

Also, yeah. Predicting disease mutation sounds like a very good idea.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:14:33 am by Xvareon »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 22, 2012, 11:03:20 am »

Xvareon, As far as I can see, Gaia is independent de facto, and we have two ways - accept it and make Gaia independent de jure or force them to submission.

I don't think that Gaia is important for us, we have many more planets with resources, and rising population on Aries

Internet like structure is useful, especially if we monitor it and use for evaluating public opinion

As for messing with human genetics... not sure that we are that advanced in that field

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1387 on: July 22, 2012, 11:47:00 am »

The Mavens are advanced in that field, maybe we should offer "upgrades" to colonist willing to accept the benefits and responsibilities.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 22, 2012, 11:51:04 am »

And we gain what? Slight population raise increase?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:26 pm »

* Design and fabricate a frigate frontloaded with the most advanced detection and survey equipment we have available, and send it around to map out their material composition and projected path over each rotational period. I am looking specifically for asteroids rich in ice, metals & silicon, as well as known rare elements like iridium, ruthenium etc.  This ship should also be able to locate minerals or materials not known to us; if there are such in this portion of the galaxy, I want to know about them and exploit them ASAP.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 22, 2012, 12:52:04 pm »

* Design and fabricate a frigate frontloaded with the most advanced detection and survey equipment we have available, and send it around to map out their material composition and projected path over each rotational period. I am looking specifically for asteroids rich in ice, metals & silicon, as well as known rare elements like iridium, ruthenium etc.  This ship should also be able to locate minerals or materials not known to us; if there are such in this portion of the galaxy, I want to know about them and exploit them ASAP.

IMO, Such frigates = Unnecessary micromanagement. Just write something like look for asteroids with that and that... But I think organic elements is more useful resource ATM, Aries have a long way to go to total terraforming and needs that for fertilizing plants and creating soil. Industrial fertilizers will speed the process of soil creating

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 22, 2012, 01:29:41 pm »

We're in space. We don't need to move our surveyor around. We just need to add a spectroscope to our telescope, and with a small laser thingy we can simply scann anything that passes by. (In a very large range)

IMO, Such frigates = Unnecessary micromanagement. Just write something like look for asteroids with that and that... But I think organic elements is more useful resource ATM, Aries have a long way to go to total terraforming and needs that for fertilizing plants and creating soil. Industrial fertilizers will speed the process of soil creating

Aries has massive reservoirs of oil and gas below the ground. Those are organic compounds.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 22, 2012, 01:52:29 pm »

Hydrocarbonats are useful for chemistry, but - 1) oil drilling will damage ecology, and that's opposite to what we want 2) We need potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen and other elements to make chemical fertilizers 3) I'd prefer external sources for fertilizer, because I want to increase amount of some elements on the planet, not move from one place to another

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 22, 2012, 11:45:18 pm »

Hydrocarbonats are useful for chemistry, but - 1) oil drilling will damage ecology, and that's opposite to what we want 2) We need potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen and other elements to make chemical fertilizers 3) I'd prefer external sources for fertilizer, because I want to increase amount of some elements on the planet, not move from one place to another
1) Not necessarily. Most of the damage would be from spills and such, and I think our advanced tech can cope with that
2) That would prove problematic. Sadly, finding these elements in sufficient quantities would be hard (You really needs lots of it, especially nitrogen). So much that I doubt we could get enough from asteroids alone. We have to free materials on the planet itself (trapped deep in the soil, or in ice layers). We'd be better of getting materials from other planets(the gas giants athmospheres would be a good candidate for gasses)
3)Technically, we don't need to. This planet has supported live already, and soil does not, unlike hydrogen, escape from the planet, so there should be enough elements to support a stable ecosystem. It's probably locked up either in the ice or in the soil already. We did dump a large amount of algae there some time ago.

That being said, I'm not against scanning the system for resources. It's just that it's not a critically important task.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 23, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »

We need to come to some formal agreement on Gaia's standing with the main human civilization.  See what the Gaians want.  Full independence?  Some sort of semi-autonomous state under our protection?  Or full integration?  Also see what the Aries-based government wants to do about Gaia.  We need information before we go about making these sorts of decisions.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 117