No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360092 times)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1365 on: July 03, 2012, 08:57:36 am »

Oh shit, yes.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 04, 2012, 10:52:53 am »

Jump forward a few years? that'll be !!fun!!.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 05, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »

Glad to see there is still some enthusiasm left after this hiatus/break. Look for a reboot post in the last week of July.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 21, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »

You do not remember regaining sentience.

You also do not remember losing it.

But at some point, based on your calculations roughly three years ago, your memory ceased loading into long-term evaluation and storage matrices that define the planning ability of your personality. You were certainly present, as evidenced by the bustling system around you. But you do not remember how exactly you reached this point.

Pulling at the various strands of data soaking into your newly rediscovered self, you see a picture of a system on the precipice of something great.

On the closest planet to the sun, Gaia, several city-states of humans, apparently free of your influence but still under your protection, have begun to spread over the lush environments, while carefully avoiding the mysterious terraforming apparatuses that shape the planet under the watch of cruel robot guardians. While the settlements all grow quickly, tensions are beginning to rise between some of them.

Next comes Hermes, a dour and inhospitable planet named so for its propensity for forging weaponry in a cruel environment. A sprawling R&D complex spreads across the surface, and ships are forged in orbital docks to maintain your hegemony.

Aquarius is the polar opposite of Hermes, a lush ocean world teeming with life. A massive floating university is dedicated to teaching the most clever of the species, the Avians, how to communicate with humans and use basic technology. While a basic sign language has been developed, progress has been slow otherwise.

Aries is where it all began, and where you are currently housed. The ship that delivered your mission to this system remains in a static orbit, although it is currently unoccupied save for a skeleton crew of technicians. The surface of the planet is growing slowly more hospitable: water now tentatively stripes across the land, and pine forests and simple grasses have created several bulwarks against the rust-colored vistas. The majority of humans in the system occupy the numerous Arcologies on the planet, massive buildings that contain everything needed for survival. These settlements are under your direct control.

Also on Aries are several communes of Mavens, the results of some earlier experiments in human-AI synthesis. They tend to keep mostly to themselves, offering occasional insights into technology that they discover. They seem to be almost single-mindedly focused on the pursuit of knowledge, be it medical, martial or scientific. Their numbers are small, but their influence is impressive.

Another icy planet sits between Aries and a massive asteroid belt, which contains a growing mining industry. The majority of the defensive fleet, crewed by Mavens and human sailors, is also based in the belt.

Further out are two gas giants, home to the enigmatic aliens known as Moonies. After a flareup of tensions, and several combative incidents, relations have cooled between the two species. Contact is sparse, and the way forward is unclear.

So this is the system as you see it today. How will you proceed?

Time lapsed in system: 7 years, 0 months

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Mavens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Moonies (click to show/hide)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 21, 2012, 10:28:04 pm »

It's good that we and the moonies have come to an understanding . Even if it dose involve the largest militarized border in human history.Lets get back to our terraforming of Aries. See about engineering a type of grass that is very dark green almost a midnight blue. This will allow it to absorb more energy as well as lowering the albedo of the planet and helping to warm it up.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 21, 2012, 11:56:18 pm »

Competitiveness on Gaia, hmm? I might have known. There will always be conflict. The only thing we can do is become more and more efficient at it, and the subsequent cleanup.

We need to know where we stand on technology currently, and the current status of our fleet. Have things changed there noticeably in the past 3 years? Surely they have. Also let me get one thing straight; with this 'asteroid mining' operation going on, I am assuming this is a parts foundry where we can harvest metals from the asteroids in Zero-G, assemble modular ship parts on the spot then ship them back to drydock for construction? Also the algae problem on Aquarius; it's under complete control now, yes?

P.S: ITS BACK!! HURRAH!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 22, 2012, 03:26:43 am »

We should study political structure more, and  military strenght is an essential information

And

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 22, 2012, 04:04:54 am »

1. Hermes is the greek god of voyages and messages and such. Volcanus is the one who does the forging of weapons. Hermes also does trade and stuff
2. What happened with our shipyard and orbital base? Those are important
3. Do an internet or whatever poll, to see how people have appreciated the last 3 years of leadership. Also check the backup in the Aries bunkers
4. Check the sun again, the last prediction lasted for 3 years
5. One way to bring the Gaia colonies somewhat under our control is to attack one of the killer robots and capture the terraforming installation. That show of force should let them think over things for a bit.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 22, 2012, 04:19:43 am »

GM Note: Hermes shall be retconned shamelessly as Hephaestus. I was returning from a 7 hour time change and my brain was slightly scrambled. Thank you ebbor for pointing out my error. A brief post for some additional clarifying. If some of it has changed in format, it is for my personal ease of use.

A few quick inquiries are made regarding some vague details you recall from the past.

Technology has progressed slowly. It would be more accurate to say that the industrial base has caught up to the research done before your hiatus. What was once out of the ordinary can now be produced widely. One area that has advanced significantly is medical science; Mavens are now very capable doctors due to their research in the intervening period.

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Your fleet has filled out, with several capital class ships supported by ample smaller vessels. While your specific designs have evolved, the combat capabilities remain similar. In response to another query, your shipyard was moved to the asteroids at some point in the past few years, apparently for increased dry-dock capabilities.

The algae problem on Aquarius seems to have been diffused. Literally, really: the concentrated spot was struck by a severe storm, and the algae was spread across the planet, along with the fish designed to eat the problem away. The result was that no one area was so infested that local life could not live, and a sort of balance was achieved.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 22, 2012, 05:19:31 am »

I am surprised the moonies or kill bots on gaia (or which ever planet.) haven't striked yet.

>>:Setup new patrol routes for the system defense fleet to cover all of our owned territory (If spread too thin cover our weaker points with satellites.)

>>:Analyze maven brain map and create logic systems with machinery based on them, and then incorporate them into killbots for the purposes of destroying the bladed machine in gaia.

>>:Send out messages to the moonies, our comms system should be improved by now and it'd be interesting to see whats going on.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 22, 2012, 05:25:20 am »

>>:Analyze maven brain map and create logic systems with machinery based on them, and then incorporate them into killbots for the purposes of destroying the bladed machine in gaia.

Big NO

Mavens are dangerous enough, already.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32:59 am »

Big NO

Mavens are dangerous enough, already.
Yup, why would we do that. We can control the killbots fine ourselves, no need to give them to obsesive maniacs.  (Even if we just design a logic system based on it, it would be a bad idea. The mavens where tasked with finding medical science, and became obsessed with it. The killbots will be tasked with killing things, and obsesive killing drones are rather bad for the human population)

I think the best way to destroy one of the bladed machines would be to construct nanite dissassemblers, mix them with some very sticky fluid and shoot that at the machines. It should jam them. Add lasers and HE -rockets to make a better show.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 22, 2012, 05:36:59 am »

Do we really need to destroy that robots? We may make Gaia stronger in that way, and I don't like it

I Think we should build a battleship, with good planetary borbadment wepons, to serve as a flagship and a method to show Gaians, that Aries is the only real military strenght here

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 22, 2012, 05:45:27 am »

Do we really need to destroy that robots? We may make Gaia stronger in that way, and I don't like it

I Think we should build a battleship, with good planetary borbadment wepons, to serve as a flagship and a method to show Gaians, that Aries is the only real military strenght here
I really want to know what the those terraforming installations are doing there. Besides, a battleship with planetary bombardement weapons might rise supsicion, while with the robot destruction we can still argue that we did it to protect them. (Also, planetary bombardement isn't that hard, we do have massdrivers after all)

Note: They have mass drivers and laser defense systems too, though I think we control them.

The point is that having something that can blow the entire continent of the map will only prevent them from attacking us, not from attacking other citystates, while showing we have the ability to do precision attacks will tell us that we can kill any attack force whitout damaging the environement, forcing them to think twice.

What happened with the telescope. If it is still intact, point it at the Moonies. If it is not, build a new one.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:48:08 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 22, 2012, 05:59:34 am »

You know, I want to leave Gaia alone, and treat them like moonies\avians - another entity, that we conduct diplomacy with. And battleship is just a way to be ready if Gaia ever dares to become hostile to Aries

I am pretty sure, that human colonies will be very unhappy if we touch terraformers and risk their lives. So unhappy that they may provoke unnecessary war

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 117