No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360449 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #945 on: March 31, 2012, 05:29:43 pm »

How about we put a kill-switch in so they self destruct when exposed to a specific radio frequency.
Or we could use them to strip mine it and jettison it and the gathered minerals from it to us. The asteroid burns up safely in the atmosphere, we get more minerals to play with.
It would be a good idea to send robots into the terraforming facilities on Gaia for now.  Maybe we could design something small that could poke around in there.  Once we know more about them, then we can consider sending human explorers in again.
You reminded me of an idea I had. Send robots down there to 'operate' the facilities that we left there. Program them to, when loss of contact with us occurs, lay in ambush of whatever tried to enter the facility. goal is to capture the creature that attacked the facility and to cage it away in a hidden compartment somewhere in the lab. Once contact can be reestablished (whether or not it is is a different story) then send a probe to retrieve the specimain in as safe of a way as possible.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 31, 2012, 05:35:38 pm »

Or we could use them to strip mine it and jettison it and the gathered minerals from it to us. The asteroid burns up safely in the atmosphere, we get more minerals to play with.

Should find out what the asteroid is composed of first. If it's made of space junk, there's no point in putting that much effort into collecting it. If it's made of some sort of rare mineral, though...
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 31, 2012, 05:38:54 pm »

Just make sure that the asteroid will burn up. If the nanobots hit the surface things could go bad very quickly.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 31, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

Did we ever find a permanent solution to the algae? We should look into that. We can't just count on animal cycles or else it may go out of control again if those suckerfish get a disease or something. We should really look into that massive wall idea again. For the future. Just don't want that biting us in the ass again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:00:53 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 31, 2012, 06:38:21 pm »

Should find out what the asteroid is composed of first. If it's made of space junk, there's no point in putting that much effort into collecting it. If it's made of some sort of rare mineral, though...
Yeah, and if we really wanted to take it if it is made into a rare material have the nanites slice up the asteriod into chunks we can take away by ship until we have transported all the little bits of the asteriod away. I hope it's amde of unobtianium.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 31, 2012, 06:39:03 pm »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 31, 2012, 06:40:34 pm »

Argh, the cliche. It burns.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 31, 2012, 06:42:35 pm »

Hey, if it works...

Nah, jk, I hate cliches with a passion. No point in reading something if you already know everything that's going to happen.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 31, 2012, 07:38:01 pm »

I'm so sorry I just couldn't help myself! It was too easy! :D
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:16 pm »

Bad subroutine! Bad!

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:31 am »

Given the facility on Gaia causes tech and electronics malfunction, it might be similar to what happened with our probes sent near the moonies. Is it possible to check if these sort of distortion fields are the same? Might have been some moonie foul play

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 01, 2012, 01:33:30 am »

>If we have combat-ready drones, then send them to Gaia. If not, build some, I want whatever killed our guys stomped flat.

>Try to upgrade our medical drones with a more extensive knowledge of neurology, if we want cyborg armies we're going to need some better nurses.

>Try to figure out if the moonies are AIs, it's kind of hard to believe that there is a naturally occurring species who communicate in quantum.

>Prepare a human cloning facility, openly if we can get parliament to agree to it, secretly if not.

>See if we could attach boosters to the asteroid to redirect it towards the sun.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 01, 2012, 02:25:57 am »

>Prepare a human cloning facility, openly if we can get parliament to agree to it, secretly if not.

NO. If we want people I say we use propaganda to encourage procreating and possibly modify the drinking water facilities to include flouride and some fertility enhancers in the colonies water supplies. We should also make sure that we can shut it off when we need to. We don't want to run into overpopulation.

With clones we run into little genetic diversity (which is a problem we might already have), a massive channge in the ammount of resources the populace eats up, and people that we can't just kill off.

I guarantee that if we whip up a bunch of dollies it will bite us in the ass later.

Also,
          >Test mavens to measure improvement. (this project is my baby.)

I do agree with the expansion of medical tech, though. It will be that one step closer to the bittlesuit dream.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 03:32:02 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:10 am »

I say have the cloning facility as a back up, any damage to our current human pops could end up being the end of the whole adventure. We already have a cloning facility (on Aquaries), just keep frozen dna samples there in case.

And risking the ship on the asteroid? Seems like a bad idea. Lots of things could go wrong, and we'd lose the only space travel we have, as well as a production plant. We also cant move human populations either

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 01, 2012, 07:15:09 am »

I say have the cloning facility as a back up, any damage to our current human pops could end up being the end of the whole adventure. We already have a cloning facility (on Aquaries), just keep frozen dna samples there in case.

And risking the ship on the asteroid? Seems like a bad idea. Lots of things could go wrong, and we'd lose the only space travel we have, as well as a production plant. We also cant move human populations either

Might i say that we have 25 DNA samples of multiple types including sperm and egg. And with our basic genetic manipulation abilities, we can create the diversity we need with that. I made sure of that. I gathered it quite early in the game, too, anticipating that danger humans can get themselves into, if they decide to split off from us.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 117