No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360401 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #915 on: March 30, 2012, 07:10:55 pm »

The Bittlesuit is the product and apex of cybernetics and genetic manipulation. Each suit is tailored with different properties and adapts to the environment around it, making it the ultimate in military science.

The suit works by being placed on the human and changing the persons body to better fit with the properties it is given. The suit augments the users body to allow for the ability to go without sleep for months, increased metabolism, increased oxygenation, increased muscle mass, and bone density, across the board, allowing for a soldier that only tires when it is convenient. The suit also has stitched into it the need to finish a programmed goal, akin to the building of sexual release, thus the wearer will not stray from the path (this can and should be modified. We don't want soldiers neglecting food or water or risking their lives because they want to complete their goal).

There are four different projects at the moment:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Disclaimer:

How do ya'll like 'em? Tell me anything you think you would like changed or if they are perfect.

These are NOT mass production. A maven is the only one with the biological makeup at this venture to be able to wear one of these suits. Each suit will require a turn or two to create. Choose wisely fellas.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:44:15 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 30, 2012, 07:18:19 pm »

Edit:Seriously though, we should carpet the bomb the hell out of that planet. If it killed fifteen brave / strong men it is a threat.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:21:46 pm by Zecro_The_Scourge »
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 30, 2012, 08:25:02 pm »

Modified that bitch. Wooh! She's a big one.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 30, 2012, 08:38:01 pm »

We might want to look into small arms research too but not right now.

By the way, any ideas for other bittlesuits?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:41:06 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 30, 2012, 09:33:20 pm »

We can go tribes and have light battlesuits that use a electromagnetic field generator to render them frictionless so they can "skii".
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 30, 2012, 10:48:31 pm »

We should get a small contingent, about 200 I was thinking, men, or women if you want I guess the suit can alter basic biological structure so much he or she could just as easily be called an it,  to act as our military. Once we get them we should deploy them to Gaia for further investigation of the monitering stations set up by these mysterious aliens on the planet. More over this small contingent will likely be all the armed forces we need for quiet some time, since as I mentioned before deployment of space based capitial weaponry makes large armies obsolote.

About 100 should should be I.N.V.A.D.E.R.S (the periods make it look a lot more impressive even if the name isn't really an accroynm) and 50 M.A.R.A.T.H.O.N. and P.H.A.G.E., with the amount of pilots equipped with suits changed as the amount of spacecraft increases. 

We shouldn't bomb Gaia, just wait until we have some guys equipped with suits go in and clear out the monitering stations, until then don't touch them and just check for other evidence of ruins and things.

Also if we are getting such cool suits we definitly need to research bolters eventuall, just to make it go full circle  ;D.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:51:06 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 30, 2012, 11:02:22 pm »

GM Note: Love the ideas for all the suits, but realize that there is a HUGE gap between the technology currently possessed by the colonies and what you are proposing. Remember, you just put some neural implants in that effectively disabled or killed 80% of their subjects. That's without even talking about extensive human genetic modification, advanced anti-ballistic materials, regeneration, and so on. So... maybe have those plans in mind eventually, but consider the fact that there are many steps between now and then.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 30, 2012, 11:11:38 pm »

Set up cameras around the terraformer platform on Gaia, visable and infared and ultraviolet, and at such a distance as to be immediately safge from any perciveable threat and yet close enough to see with detail What happens. Then send a rover (with camera) to attempt once more to enter the terraformer.

As for the Avians, continue working on language, and when possible allow observation of Human lifestyles. Some people may balk at the idea of subverting their culture, but keeping distant from extraterrestrials can only breed mistrust and dispassion. Better we induct them into our society.

To that effect, I would like to suggest we contact the Moonies for a face-to-face conversation, at their whim, to better understand their culture and for them to better understand ours. We should begin training extraterrestrial diplomats ASAP for this purpose, and also to deal with the inevitable Avian nations that arise.

The meteor also raises questions; it's unlikely that a disasterous meteor strike should occur on one of the planets we inhabited so soon after our intrusion into this system. Check files to see if this is the first system we've colonized. I doubt we'll find anything, but if not we can ask the captain, who has no such issues (hopefully) and should know this sort of thing. I wonder if we may have enemies?

In any case, perhaps we should apologize to the Moonies for settling their system without permission. I really think the E.T's could be a valuable asset in colonization and scientific progress, not to mention societal evolution.

For technology, I still suggest lightning-batteries. Lightining is incredibly powerful, common, and relatively harmless should something go wrong ( a small fire should be relatively inconsequential). I also beleive some sort of powered armor should be possible, along the lines of a refined BEAR suit. A bulletproof visor with HUD and uplink to our mainframe, along with thick armor plating and hydrolic assisted locomotion. We could build a gun into it or leave it with open hands so the suit could be used in peacetime.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 31, 2012, 12:55:34 am »

EDIT:That was rude sounding. I apologize!

>>Perfect neurologial experiments, I expect tribe soldiers in the next five years.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:59:12 am by Zecro_The_Scourge »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 31, 2012, 01:37:58 am »

We can go tribes and have light battlesuits that use a electromagnetic field generator to render them frictionless so they can "skii".

It's bittle. With an "I". It is borrowed from a cool weapon in the book Collapsium called a bittlestick, made up of programmable matter. It is a pretty nasty weapon.

For a little clarification the only reason a maven can use one now is because their use requires some bodily modification. Unless we modify the suit, but it would less resemble a living organism at that point and more resemble some expensive rags. The modification wouldn't require as much modification as a maven, but more than none. Some mild monitors and bits of hardware.

FUNFACT, maven is a yiddish word meaning expert or "one who understands". Seemed fitting.

Alright. I would like to try to join with one of the mavens, if they will have me. Hopefully I can quell any pains or concerns and possibly point out any problems with our hardware that need to be fixed.

(could you give the mavens names and ranks, please Maldevious? I wouldn't mind if the names and ranks are foreign. It is super far into the future after all.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:22:47 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 31, 2012, 04:33:07 am »

Also before I get transferred, I would like to try a schedule a meeting between a moonie ambassador and the humans (my maven, if I get one). Speak of the future relations and growth through comradery in the message.

With the maven (if I get accepted) begin experiments between my maven and the control maven with tests both mental, physical, and responsive. we want to see how much a subroutine helps/hinders.

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 31, 2012, 05:09:50 am »

Asteroid has to be dealt with. Given the size (enough to affect the planet) I dont think mass drivers will be good enough. Could another asteroid from the asteroid belt be put in its path maybe? Request help from the moonies since they seem to have gravity tech used to beam stuff between there planets? Remember we also have a nuke...

And also, an idea. Whats the temp of planet B like? and does it have a molten core? If it fits the bill, why not use it for not only mining, but make it our civs powerplant. If we research geothermal energy, advanced power storage (efficient batteries) and nuclear energy (it contains radioactive materials) we can build geothermal and nuclear powerplants. We can use our current tech of instantaneous power transfer and beam it directly to space stations above the planet for storage in our efficient batteries, then ferried to planets here and there (probably have to build a freighter or 2 for that). Wont have to worry about energy again, the planet is junk to live on so who cares if something happens, and our energy can be used for a LARGE range of things, with weapons as suggested - plasma, laser, lighting, rail guns, easier to make nukes etc. Also can be used for the good of the colonies... appease everyone. I also think having a niche that our group is experts at is pretty neat, and energy is a fun one

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 31, 2012, 05:28:52 am »

I second that. ^
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 31, 2012, 06:08:46 am »

GM Note: After some thought, I don't think I want to zoom the game in to the level of knowing individual Mavens and interacting with them directly. While that definitely would be interesting, the scale of the game (both physical and time) are much larger than that and wouldn't mesh well with that direct interaction and back and forth. So, you may definitely still give them orders and such, and the in the game world the AI will be directly connected to the Maven, we can't slow the game down to the point where you could have meaningful interaction with them.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 31, 2012, 08:38:49 am »

Do not use nukes on the asteroid.The thing will still come in little radioactive pieces that can cause much trouble.I would suggest attempting to move the asteroid with the ship we are on but then we would be quite dead.I suggest creating a backup AI on Aries.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 117