No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360399 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #930 on: March 31, 2012, 02:46:23 pm »

Do not use nukes on the asteroid.The thing will still come in little radioactive pieces that can cause much trouble.I would suggest attempting to move the asteroid with the ship we are on but then we would be quite dead.I suggest creating a backup AI on Aries.
Actaully if our ship is sufficicently large enough we could just hang around the asteriod and use the graitational force generated on our ship to divert the asteriod.I take it we are quite large so this would be sufficent. Even if the asteriod is very big the continual gravitational force we would generate would be sufficent to divert it, if we start off far enough away from Aquarius.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 31, 2012, 02:49:51 pm »

Alright well let's schedule a meeting 4 months in the future between the humans and moonies.

Let's do physical, mental, reaction, and precision tests on the mavens. We should measure how much, approximately, they were improved.

As far as the bittlesuits, at least we have a long term goal for military and possibly medical science, amirite?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 31, 2012, 02:51:53 pm »

The asteroid can't hit anywhere on Aquarius. Biggest tsunami ever.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 31, 2012, 03:04:44 pm »

. . . . . Why don't we compact the trash in Aries into a trasteroid (see what i did there) and use it to nudge the asteroid off its course, or at the very least, slow it down until we find something better. Whether it be through direct collision or by gravitational effects.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 31, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

I've seen that episode of futurama. Why not use some of those explosive drones I commissioned. we need to try them out on something anyway. If that fails whack it with the mass relay.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 31, 2012, 03:26:50 pm »

I still say we attempt to use our ship.It should be more than capable of diverting/getting rid of the asteroid.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 31, 2012, 03:29:05 pm »

I agree with the idea of creating a separate controlled AI. I just don't think we should piss away our capital ship on something so measly as a wandering asteroid.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 31, 2012, 04:11:21 pm »

I agree with the idea of creating a separate controlled AI. I just don't think we should piss away our capital ship on something so measly as a wandering asteroid.
And i just don't think we should care about the humans.But meh :(
The plan isn't for the ship to crash into the asteroid anyway.The idea would be for the ship to attach to it and fly into another direction,altering its course.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 31, 2012, 04:22:30 pm »

And i just don't think we should care about the humans.But meh :(
The plan isn't for the ship to crash into the asteroid anyway.The idea would be for the ship to attach to it and fly into another direction,altering its course.
I think he is talking about the risk of crashing the asteroid.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 31, 2012, 04:35:18 pm »

You know, we could just use the nanites that we used to terraform to eat up the asteroid and then have them self destruct. just have the ship at close range incase they go rogue. This way if they try to go von neumon on us we can simply kill them with shipboard weapons or reprogram them with cyberwarfare!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:39:03 pm by Zecro_The_Scourge »
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 31, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »

You know, we could just use nanites that we used to terraform to eat up the asteroid and then self destruct. just have the ship at close range incase they go rogue. This way if they try to go von neumon on us we can simply kill them with shipboard weapons or reprogram them with cyberwarfare!

Hell. Lets try this. When was the last time we did something with major risks and benefits?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 31, 2012, 04:42:24 pm »

You know, we could just use nanites that we used to terraform to eat up the asteroid and then self destruct. just have the ship at close range incase they go rogue. This way if they try to go von neumon on us we can simply kill them with shipboard weapons or reprogram them with cyberwarfare!

Hell. Lets try this. When was the last time we did something with major risks and benefits?

Why the hell not? I'm in.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 31, 2012, 05:13:44 pm »

How about we put a kill-switch in so they self destruct when exposed to a specific radio frequency.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 31, 2012, 05:18:08 pm »

It would be a good idea to send robots into the terraforming facilities on Gaia for now.  Maybe we could design something small that could poke around in there.  Once we know more about them, then we can consider sending human explorers in again.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 31, 2012, 05:22:46 pm »

How about we put a kill-switch in so they self destruct when exposed to a specific radio frequency.
Yeah lets go with an EMP fail safe. Just make sure the nanites electronics are vulernable to electromagnetic radiation sufficently greater than that of the normal output of the sun we are orbiting. The EMP can be non-nuclear in nature due to the short distance between us and the nanites. At the first sign of trouble activate the device and the nanites will be reduced to a cloud of harmless dust, if we miss any next time there is a solar pulse the nanites will be destroyed due to the fragility of their electronics. Just make sure that we start the mission during a period of low solar activity, which shouldn't be too hard to detect, and finish the mission during that period.

If we have a solar pulse go off while the nanites are at work then the asteriod would still likely be greatly reduced in terms of mass so it will do much less damage if it still hits Aquerius.

It would be a good idea to send robots into the terraforming facilities on Gaia for now.  Maybe we could design something small that could poke around in there.  Once we know more about them, then we can consider sending human explorers in again.
If we can make nanites we should be able to make flying bug sized spy robots that would do just the trick.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 117