No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359986 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1485 on: August 19, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »

Alright. we can swing it, then. No alterations, no revamping, they wouldn't have any of it. Just let them build the damn thing and we'll see where it goes. About time we upscaled our industry, anyway, what with the abundance of unused materials in this system.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

Take the deal
Right. However, won't it be to large for our current gen shipyards. See how fast we can make a seperate shipyard for them to use.

Anyway, Aries. Carefull analysis of how much water is stuck in the icecaps, and how much water is needed to kick of the water cycle and start the next stage of the terraforming process.

Capture some planetoids that float by. We can use them later as giant ships, should someone decide to betray us,

Build and deploy the Hydrogen scoopers.

Investigate and calculate the parameters for this place's Planetary transport network. (Basically a collections of flight paths that take years but allow transport without energy useage).

Construct the Planetary Highway network. A series of giant massdrivers intended to launch civiliant ships for a small fare.

Do Aries and Gaia have moons?

I say this a good plan to go with.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 20, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »

Attempt construction of a self-sustainable test habitat in nearest equatorial geostable planetside position, release small sample group of human technicians to assist with research and construction duties.

>begin construction and launch of solar lens across polar cap
>Contact consortium with news of successful first test colony, cite atmospheric difficulties if required to connect with test subjects.
>Harden program access points against possible intrusion.
>Attempt subliminal indoctrination of sample habitat, omit any datum of possible subdivision within Artificial Sentience.

Edit: oops, a bit outdated.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:36:44 pm by Iosyn »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 20, 2012, 12:35:47 pm »

Attempt construction of a self-sustainable test habitat in nearest equatorial geostable planetside position, release small sample group of human technicians to assist with research and construction duties.

>begin construction and launch of solar lens across polar cap
>Contact consortium with news of successful first test colony, cite atmospheric difficulties if required to connect with test subjects.
>Harden program access points against possible intrusion.
>Attempt subliminal indoctrination of sample habitat, omit any datum of possible subdivision within Artificial Sentience.
1. Pretty sure we already have those.
2. We have those, a whole lot of them
3. Why is the consortium interested in the test colony. They want to build a battleship, not some kind of orbital habit. I mean, we have large scale orbital defense stations and orbital embassies already. This thing is outdated.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 25, 2012, 12:02:24 pm »

Let's make a battle ship!!! LEEEROOOY JEEENKINS!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 27, 2012, 09:54:18 pm »

Well, I was just wondering if you are accepting new people that have never done a forum game like this before...
Also, is this game still going? Seems to have stopped getting posts.
I also read all 100 pages. Awesome story you guys got going.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 27, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »

Game is still going and new people are always welcome. As it's a suggestion game, anyone can post an idea.

I will probably post another turn in the next few days. Life and all that.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1492 on: August 27, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »

Oh well, I have plans for this when you come back
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 28, 2012, 12:10:56 am »

I will sit this turn out, but I will input my thoughts when you post the next turn!.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 28, 2012, 06:58:04 am »

Because I have been silent for way too long.
What we need Consensus for:

1.Some interesting and elaborate plan to make all our populace happy.
Quote from: Idea
I am thinking a space amusement park that uses donations and voluntary labor to run itself.

2. What to do about the Group that wants to build the battle ship.

3. consideration on where the moonies stand on a political, economic, and social scale.

4. Weither or not we should bomb Aries to release its water.

Quote from: Idea
Anyway, Aries. Carefull analysis of how much water is stuck in the icecaps, and how much water is needed to kick of the water cycle and start the next stage of the terraforming process.

Capture some planetoids that float by. We can use them later as giant ships, should someone decide to betray us,

Quote from: Opinion
Personally, I like the idea of trying this out anyway. Making an asteroid into stations for specific things has multiple theoretical uses. First, if hollowed out correctly, it can make a decent living space for colonies. Second It can be used as a training ground for military personnel. I cant currently remember the other half dozen reasons why its good, but, It is.

Build and deploy the Hydrogen scoopers.

Investigate and calculate the parameters for this place's Planetary transport network. (Basically a collections of flight paths that take years but allow transport without energy useage).

Construct the Planetary Highway network. A series of giant massdrivers intended to launch civiliant ships for a small fare.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:09:00 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 28, 2012, 07:21:25 am »

Bombing Shiva to release the water would be kinda pointless. You'd destroy the existing ecosystem, and it would freeze back without terraforming. Aries is a different matter though.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 01, 2012, 09:08:30 pm »

Bombs. you all want to set fire to the planet and the ice and your own trousers, most likely. If the surface temperature of Shiva is that low then it's really not a good idea to try terraforming up top; we need to focus on the cavern system as it has a far more bearable temperature for humans and requires much less work to develop. I think we should get to work constructing a permanent spaceport on the planets surface to facilitate the use of ships and shuttles to bring tools, resources and personnel, placed above the most stable cavern layer so we can drill downward and place elevators. Precautions should be taken to ensure minimal exposure of the cavern ecosystem to the outside.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 02, 2012, 03:45:50 am »

Why the hell everyone talking about bombing Shiva?

I proposed to bomb Aries icecaps in attempt to raise temperature and kickstart rain cycle, Shiva should be left alone. It has potential but not now
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 02, 2012, 05:47:59 pm »

posting to read. 98 pages is going to take a bit.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1499 on: September 02, 2012, 09:14:00 pm »

Posting to read. Way cool idea.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 117