No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360007 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1455 on: August 10, 2012, 02:20:08 pm »

How many fusion bombs do we even have? We might want to keep those just in case. The mirrors should work fine for evaporating water.

I would say approve the battleship construction. The consortium is an odd group, but not really suspicious. Besides, work will be done at our dockyard, under our watchful eye and, once finished, the battleship will be under the control of our loyal forces.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 10, 2012, 02:24:36 pm »

We can and should make many more fusion bombs...

I think battleship needs a poll... It's important
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 10, 2012, 02:26:10 pm »

One poll, coming up!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 10, 2012, 02:35:19 pm »

Do we even have fusion bombs. Anyway, we might be able to use a strong laser pulse(fired from a ship) combined with an explosion from conventional explosives to trigger a fusion bomb. It would be near useless in normal warfare.(But then we just replace the conventionall explosive with a nuclear one, and it functions too) but should produce way less radiation and be much safer.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 10, 2012, 02:43:28 pm »

And we should use many small bombs, not big ones, much safer even if more expensive
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 10, 2012, 02:44:02 pm »

As far as the AI knows, only one fission bomb exists in sytem, in a safeguarded bunker on Aries. No fussion bombs in record.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 10, 2012, 02:54:35 pm »

I say we should get more info(1) before getting a battleship, plus why would we need on anyways besides we might scare the moonies again seeing us making even bigger ships.

1. I propose we do some behavioral checks and neural plus DNA scans

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

And we should use many small bombs, not big ones, much safer even if more expensive
Critical mass is a problem. Then again, it depends on the strength of the laser.

Maybe we can just try to do a mass drop or 2-3. A ton of lead on a direct collision course will vaporize ice as good as anything else. (Though it might create a shockwave)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 14, 2012, 10:30:36 am »

What is the point of nuclear or fusion bombs to melt ice, it would be more effective to just use the options that is already available to use like that solar lenses.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 14, 2012, 10:33:47 am »

What is the point of nuclear or fusion bombs to melt ice, it would be more effective to just use the options that is already available to use like that solar lenses.
1. It's a good excuse to develop the bombs, and having WMD's is always nice
2. It's much, much faster. Ice is reflective, meaning that the solar lenses are barely effective. Besides, it instantly vaporizes water, increasing water levels in the athmosphere and possible kicking of the water cycle..

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 15, 2012, 12:09:35 am »

Are you NUTS? If we bombed Shiva with nuclear or fusion bombs we would create shockwaves that could destabilize massive portions of the cavern layers. Not to mention the irradiated water we will eventually have to deal with. Of course we may not give a f*** at this point.

En-viro-MITE!!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 15, 2012, 12:56:16 am »

Are you NUTS? If we bombed Shiva with nuclear or fusion bombs we would create shockwaves that could destabilize massive portions of the cavern layers. Not to mention the irradiated water we will eventually have to deal with. Of course we may not give a f*** at this point.

En-viro-MITE!!
We're bombing Aries, not Shiva.
Also, pure fusion bombs, though technological hard to make, should not irradiate to much water.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 15, 2012, 12:26:39 pm »

Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 16, 2012, 02:06:40 pm »

This whole thing just sounds like a bad idea.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »

Same here really are we going to use WMD to vaporize ice, I think we should do other object. Also what about Gaia, maybe we can open something similar to the Olympics to strength the treaties a little more.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 117