Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Goodbye Vector  (Read 32822 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye Vector
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2012, 01:07:41 pm »

The forums won't be the same without you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2012, 01:13:18 pm »

Since posting songs in this thread seems to be a thing, I'll go ahead and share a couple.

This one has reminded me of you for a pretty long time, but I've always been too shy to share it as such.  I suppose now's the time, if you're really going to stick to your guns about disappearing for a long time/forever.  You've often posted some pretty deep stuff about self-awareness of how you're changing and growing, and trying to direct that growth to become strong and balanced, while feeling like your past combined with the directions you've chosen leave you disconnected from the world around you.  The male/female duet even reminds me of your gender identity conflicts, especially with the "Why should you fear me/Why should I fear you" part concerning your pre-occupation with misogyny while at the same time harboring a partially masculine identity.

Not sure how well it actually fits or how creepy this is to you, but I've been a people watcher for the last 15 years.  One of my quests in life has been to understand human behavior, and I pay a lot of attention to interesting persona who fill in pieces of the puzzle.  You have taught me a lot, and are a very inspiring and thought-provoking person in general.

After Forever - Imperfect Tenses

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's a couple of my favorite motivational songs to speed you on your quest.

ReVamp - Million   (my favorite song... elegantly describes the way I feel about the nature of life in general)

van Canto - Hearted    (sappy campy fun but really uplifting if you let yourself get into it)

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2012, 02:41:29 pm »

Aw. I'm glad you made this thread, I hadn't seen her announcement. It's eye-opening into my own situation, but I'm not sure if I possess that much will-power.

Good luck, Vector. <3
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2012, 03:33:46 pm »

So when is she coming back?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2012, 03:58:52 pm »

Somewhere in between a few weeks and never.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »

I'll probably come say something when I graduate, and I might come back when I get into grad school.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2012, 07:39:24 pm »

Not to be a dick, but under the category of 'goodbye songs' here's one I've been listening to quite a bit recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwimhjXkS88

:P

But sincerely, You'll be missed for however long you're gone, and I hope you'll return soon.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2012, 08:00:30 pm »

I'll probably come say something when I graduate, and I might come back when I get into grad school.
how long is graduation?
or is that information [REDACTED]?

That is a good question. I would guess based on age and posts about subject it must only be a few years away correct?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 08:58:32 pm »

Year and a half.  After that... probably a year or two until I get into grad school...

*sigh*

Life is exhausting.  It's a good feeling, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »

This place is never gonna be the same, Vec. Stop in once in a while to tell us how you're doing, at least?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2012, 11:55:39 pm »

Be sure to come back in a few years and tell us how you're doing. It's not like we ever talked but I enjoyed reading your posts very much. I predict Bay12 will now turn into a 4chan cesspit.

Viva la Vector!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2012, 12:25:38 am »

Hopefully I'll still be around to welcome you back, friend Vector. It'd be nice to hear from you on occasion in the interim, though. Maybe as part of your post-testing video game binges?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2012, 04:16:15 am »

I haven't actually talked to you much at all, Vector, but I've been lurking for a long time, and your posts have always been fantastic.

I remember something you wrote in a Life Advice thread. Forgive me if I've butchered it, but you were talking about the discouragement you felt at one time during your math courses, how you felt you weren't smart enough, or diligent enough. You mentioned how everyone successful had felt like that at some point, and you realized that none of them were in it to make themselves feel smarter or more superior than others, they were in it because there was something beautiful tying everything together, and what they were learning in that course brought them closer to understanding it. I don't think you meant this in any sort of spiritual sense or anything, just a simple observation of beauty.

Anyways, it was exactly what I needed to read at the time, whether or not that was what you intended. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2012, 05:44:10 am »

Be sure to come back in a few years and tell us how you're doing. It's not like we ever talked but I enjoyed reading your posts very much. I predict Bay12 will now turn into a 4chan cesspit.

Viva la Vector!

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but is it wrong of me to predict it'll basically be almost exactly the same? Plenty of users have come and gone over the years. This is less to trivialize her posting, and more to trivialize the posting of any single individual in a community this large.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2012, 05:50:04 am »

No you don't understand! Vector is really a travelling internet gipsy, and she carries a great and legendary artefact, the orb of intellect! At well as a very impressive +8 to the holders INT score, it has a passive aura that causes all near the holder to act in a calm and civilised manner. Without that artefact, we are doooomed!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14