Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 17606 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord-Suggestion Game
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:07 am »

Obololisk: if people vote that, yeah, that's great.  I'm a big fan of Vlad Tepes and his real life achievements. 

Gotdamnmiracle: Yeah, no spear men.  Standard issue is medium length iron sword, hide shield, reinforced leather armor. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2012, 09:54:58 am »

Obololisk: if people vote that, yeah, that's great.  I'm a big fan of Vlad Tepes and his real life achievements. 

Gotdamnmiracle: Yeah, no spear men.  Standard issue is medium length iron sword, hide shield, reinforced leather armor.

Heh. Yeah that's who's book I was taking a page out of. It worked for the Turks right?

At some point when we have a metal industry and blacksmith will you treat equipment like you do food at the moment, listing the amount of swords, chestplates, etc. we have available or will you just decide?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2012, 09:56:54 am »

Not sure what you mean by that...you can edit the standard infantry type, to include different weapons.  Really, it's not about resources, with soldiers as diligent and obedient as yours ( not to mention the seething slaves ), it's more about effort, and time. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2012, 10:00:43 am »

Not sure what you mean by that...you can edit the standard infantry type, to include different weapons.  Really, it's not about resources, with soldiers as diligent and obedient as yours ( not to mention the seething slaves ), it's more about effort, and time.

Will you list out the amount of certain objects we have handy. Like if we just whipped up a bunch of new shields, more than our amount of soldiers, would we have 12 new shields laying around or would someone say, when we get more men "outfit those guys with the new shields" And you would say 12 men now have new shields?

TL:DR: Will you list the crews resources when we have more to worry about than food?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:41 am »

I'll make it up as I go along, I guess.  We'll see.  Tomorrow ( or maybe in an hour ). 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2012, 10:07:43 am »

I'll make it up as I go along, I guess.  We'll see.  Tomorrow ( or maybe in an hour ).

Okeydoke.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2012, 10:45:41 am »

If we have enough metal that all of our standard guys can be given shortswords, we shouldn't change it.  Swords are good.  The main reason most armies used spears was because the used WAY less metal than swords, and they work better against cavelry.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:49 am »

You currently have no extra metal.  Any more suggestions or votes for the current battle?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2012, 11:01:05 am »

Fixed. Misunderstood.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:05:23 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2012, 11:10:47 am »

take a portion (50 men) Who aren't seeing any action, seeing as we all can't stand over the pit, and send them to try and flank the main force and slaughter the bowmen. With such a small number they should be able to move quickly and effeciently with few losses if they sprint there. The bowmen should be easy picking for a swordsman anyway. If they knock out most of the bowmen have them return to the concentrated formation and fall in along the pit int the wave formation.

If those guys pull them off I am upping their rank. I want to use the term Valor Knight at some point in the future.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2012, 12:07:42 pm »

You currently have no extra metal.  Any more suggestions or votes for the current battle?
That's not what I ment.  Clearly the location we are in gives us access to a fair amount of metal.  Swords just use too much of it for it to be otherwise.  Obviosly we still have to mine it, but there must be a fair amount.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2012, 12:14:49 pm »

That's not what I ment.  Clearly the location we are in gives us access to a fair amount of metal.  Swords just use too much of it for it to be otherwise.  Obviosly we still have to mine it, but there must be a fair amount.

First thing I want to do when we get some metals is make halberds and morningstars and some mail as well as shields for everyone. Offhands for most though except those in the fron lines. I want almost everyone to wield their weapon two handed but also be able to swing it one handed giving tons of flexibility in one on one conflict.

But that is all up in the air at this point.

We will survey the land and ask the scouts what of the surrounding land when the return and the battle ends. By the way What happened to my scouts? I sent them out on like turn 5 or something. If they all died Ima be pissed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:17:20 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2012, 12:27:07 pm »

First thing I want to do when we get some metals is make halberds and morningstars and some mail as well as shields for everyone. Offhands for most though except those in the fron lines. I want almost everyone to wield their weapon two handed but also be able to swing it one handed giving tons of flexibility in one on one conflict.

But that is all up in the air at this point.

We will survey the land and ask the scouts what of the surrounding land when the return and the battle ends. By the way What happened to my scouts? I sent them out on like turn 5 or something. If they all died Ima be pissed.
'
We need to find out what kind of army our most likely enemy is going to have.  Morningstars are meh, because their main use is against guys in heavy metal armour, which is uncommen for the same reasan that swords are.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »

We need to find out what kind of army our most likely enemy is going to have.  Morningstars are meh, because their main use is against guys in heavy metal armour, which is uncommen for the same reasan that swords are.

Are you kidding? Historically they destroy bones, can break wooden shields, and overpower metal ones. Cavalry and spearmen would be the only problem I think but no matter. They won't be in front anyway. The only problem is, yeah, they may be a little metal intensive but filling them with more useless metals is a possibility. What were we going to do with lead anyway??

Whatever. We're counting our chickens. We don't even know if any metal in the area is easily accessible, let alone useful.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:39:39 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »

Are you kidding? Historically they destroy bones, can break wooden shields, and overpower metal ones. Cavalry and spearmen would be the only problem I think but no matter. They won't be in front anyway. The only problem is, yeah, they may be a little metal intensive but filling them with more useless metals is a possibility. What were we going to do with lead anyway??

Whatever. We're counting our chickens. We don't even know if any metal in the area is easily accessible, let alone useful.
Just trust me bro.  If we can get the resources to pull of mostly heavy infantry, it will work.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13