Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879989 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #4260 on: March 30, 2013, 08:37:38 pm »

A miner Dwarf of mine's been possessed and is running around towards a workshop. Yet he's blinking as thirsty, something I've never seen a moody Dwarf show before. Is it possible my Dwarf is going to dehydrate to death, given an inability to focus on nothing else but working on the craft?
Dwarves won't eat, drink, or sleep while in a strange mood.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4261 on: March 31, 2013, 05:46:44 am »

A miner Dwarf of mine's been possessed and is running around towards a workshop. Yet he's blinking as thirsty, something I've never seen a moody Dwarf show before. Is it possible my Dwarf is going to dehydrate to death, given an inability to focus on nothing else but working on the craft?
Apparently he just stayed suspended in thirstiness all the way to completion.

Another small question:
Can I remove mud from the caverns by building paved roads then deconstructing them?

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: March 31, 2013, 10:22:32 am »

Apparently he just stayed suspended in thirstiness all the way to completion.

Another small question:
Can I remove mud from the caverns by building paved roads then deconstructing them?

Yes. Also by constructing dirt roads, if it's on soil.

The human diplomat is a vampire. Do I need to worry?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: March 31, 2013, 11:01:19 am »

Yes, a little.  Last vampire diplomat I got decided to feed on three of my legendary militia.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: March 31, 2013, 02:09:15 pm »

What happens if an object falls onto a ramp? Does it stay there, or slide off?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: March 31, 2013, 02:20:38 pm »

What happens if an object falls onto a ramp? Does it stay there, or slide off?
It stays on the ramp.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: March 31, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »

Not quite an exception, but minecarts placed onto a ramp will roll down.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: April 02, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »

Honeycombs. How do they work?

I have a bunch stacked in bins. The press says something about 'liquid containing item'. Should I not have mass-dumped them out of a minecart?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: April 02, 2013, 01:28:41 pm »

You need to have stone jugs to put the honey that you press out of the honeycombs. If you do have empty stone jugs available then try adding the job in the manager. Sometimes the game just doesn't like to realize that you have jugs available.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

JoeJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: April 02, 2013, 01:36:30 pm »

I have a bunch stacked in bins. The press says something about 'liquid containing item'. Should I not have mass-dumped them out of a minecart?

Do you have jugs?

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: April 02, 2013, 02:14:13 pm »

Do you have jugs?

Somewhere. But the honeycombs aren't in the jugs, because everything got d-b-d dumped out of a minecart that wasn't moving.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: April 02, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »

The jugs are what the honey gets pressed into.  Are the honeycombs themselves forbidden?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: April 02, 2013, 02:32:27 pm »

The jugs are what the honey gets pressed into.  Are the honeycombs themselves forbidden?

Nope, just sat in bins, but the job is still red at the press.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »

Nope, just sat in bins, but the job is still red at the press.
As I said sometimes the game fails to realize that everything available for jobs that must involve jugs is present, meaning that it leaves the task red in the press even though it can be done. Just queue the job up in the manager and it should work just fine (if it doesn't then that means you actually have a problem, and you need to make more jugs most likely).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: April 04, 2013, 02:16:18 pm »

Also keep in mind that jugs don't get a name change when they get a liquid put into them: barrels for instance will change to "Prepared Food Barrel" or what have you once something get puts into it, but jugs just keep the same name. You have to actually look at them individually to see if each has something inside it. At least, if I'm remembering right (I am a bit low on sleep atm).
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 422