Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882139 times)

beefsupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1155 on: April 07, 2012, 05:17:52 pm »

Is there any way to get Dwarf Therapist or a similar program to work on 34.07? I downloaded the latest version and it says it only supports through 34.02. I'm so used to it that I'd struggle to organize a fortress of 200+ without it.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 07, 2012, 06:21:23 pm »

Chains are metalcrafting, not blacksmithing skill.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Blacksmith

As you see, in theory, you could just build a lot of metal buildings and remove them, rinse and repeat.
Otherwise, pick something from the list on the wiki.

Thanks...  looks like metal blocks count as blacksmithing... so I will do those.

Is there any way to get Dwarf Therapist or a similar program to work on 34.07? I downloaded the latest version and it says it only supports through 34.02. I'm so used to it that I'd struggle to organize a fortress of 200+ without it.
  You must be using an old version of dwarf therapist...  I'm using dwarf therapist and it works fine with 34.07.   Check out the lazy newb pack it combines many of the useful tools all together... such as dwarf therapist.

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 07, 2012, 08:32:25 pm »

I have a vampire running loose. I have a special room made to keep him out of trouble. How do I get him to go in there?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 07, 2012, 08:59:37 pm »

Is there any way to get Dwarf Therapist or a similar program to work on 34.07? I downloaded the latest version and it says it only supports through 34.02.

The Dwarf Therapist thread is where the most people with relevant knowledge would be found.  The first post says it supports .06, and some posts on the last page (at this time, that's page 122) talk about updating checksums for .07.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 07, 2012, 09:03:23 pm »

I have a vampire running loose. I have a special room made to keep him out of trouble. How do I get him to go in there?

1) Create a burrow, assign him to it, and wait?  Could be a while, I guess... normally I'd say drop some booze there and wait until he gets thirsty, but that doesn't apply to vamps.

2) Build a lever there (don't need to connect it to anything), (P)rofile it so only he can pull it, then ask for it to be pulled.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 07, 2012, 09:15:01 pm »

1) Create a burrow, assign him to it, and wait?  Could be a while, I guess... normally I'd say drop some booze there and wait until he gets thirsty, but that doesn't apply to vamps.

2) Build a lever there (don't need to connect it to anything), (P)rofile it so only he can pull it, then ask for it to be pulled.

If you know who it is the lever pulling works, or recruiting into military and stationing the vamp. Then lock the door.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 07, 2012, 09:41:55 pm »

I setup my militia on a training schedule, but my readout says "Soldier (no activity)".  I'm sure it's something simple that I'm screwing up, but what?

jogar2

• Bay Watcher
  • It's just like a mini-mall
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 07, 2012, 10:53:59 pm »

What does the "[ B ]" next to items in a weapon trap query mean? And is it related to human siegers walking over the traps without them triggering?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:09:40 pm by jogar2 »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 07, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »

you have a barracks set up? Sometimes they're just relaxing even when on duty though.

humans send diplomats. Diplomats report back to the army about all your defences so the soldiers can avoid them if they ever got to war with you. Automated traps that have been spotted by a human diplomat do not work anymore.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 07, 2012, 11:15:52 pm »

What does the "[ B ]" next to items in a weapon trap query mean? And is it related to human siegers walking over the traps without them triggering?

That means the item is used as part of the building's construction. Check your forges and you will see a stone+anvil with the B next to them, for example.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 07, 2012, 11:36:12 pm »

A question about scheduled training:

When a member of my militia is not scheduled to train and has no currently active job, he automatically goes to the barracks to train, right?  I have several of my militia members training even though it's not time for them to train, and when I assign one of them to go make a copper shield, he stays in the barracks training.  What's the deal?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 07, 2012, 11:52:35 pm »

In an active squad with no orders, they will go to Individual Combat Training instead of idling.
When he finishes his training cycle he'll go do your thing.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 07, 2012, 11:56:37 pm »

In an active squad with no orders, they will go to Individual Combat Training instead of idling.
When he finishes his training cycle he'll go do your thing.
ah okay... so how long does a training cycle last?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 08, 2012, 12:10:18 am »

You'll have to let me know :)  You could always deactivate his squad to put him to work right away.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 08, 2012, 12:13:52 am »

even if he was inactive, he might do a little training when idle and will usually finish one "job" before starting another.

quick jail question: my prisoner finished his sentence but wasn't released. I deconstructed the chain but he still refuses to start work again. Any suggestions? He has the thought "happy at being freed lately".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:32:57 am by Garath »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 422