Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 878506 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #375 on: March 01, 2012, 06:37:21 pm »

[...]
What version are you using? I remember that one of the devlog said something about fixing archery training.

That might be it, didn't even realize bug fixed came out. They wont make me start a new world will they?
I believe that 34.01 will not work with 34.02-3.04, but 34.02-34.04 will work with each other.
I could be wrong.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 01, 2012, 06:39:26 pm »

Ya .01 had a world gen bug that would eventually kill any world genned in it.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 01, 2012, 06:39:34 pm »

Do non grazing animals like dogs need any special attention to survive? If I locked a breeding pair of them in a room and walled them in, will they keep reproducing forever, or will they starve and die?

Not sure now, but in 0.25 if they get too tightly packed they will start fighting.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 01, 2012, 07:29:27 pm »

So er, what's the tag for enabling/disabling labors on new migrants? I don't see it in d_init :/

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »

About in the middle. Ctrl-f 'labor'.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:18 pm »

@yaotzin,
Older init file editors can possibly wipe this new option out.  I had to repaste it into my init_d.txt, after I put v34 into latest LNP subfolder, and edited and saved the inits.  Think I forgot to hit the Load button and just hit the Save button, not sure however.  It disappeared, sure of that.  I had to reunzip 34 to get it. 

Right below Idlers. 
---
You can have your dwarves start/arrive without any labor types enabled here by setting this to NO.

[SET_LABOR_LISTS:NO]
---

They still come skilled up, just not enabled. 

EDIT:  Anyone else see these changed migrants come out of the ether, without any Socials skills?  I see Military and Labor skills on them, but no Socials.  Hmm.  Could be an early migration chalk full of newbs that I am seeing, but...  Was no socials intended, Toady?

TESTING:  Oh NOES, the fortress I was testing this new feature out, got obliterated by one cave crocodile.  It ate all 24 dwarfs, even the hunter with lv6 skills!  Gobble gobble.  Can't confirm no socials on migrants, maybe someone else can.

Good luck, Knutor
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:48:59 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 02, 2012, 12:11:28 am »

So do dwarves have something against Plump Helmets now?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They just leave them there until they completely rot away, then plant another one and leave it there...

(Also, they don't like moving dog corpses either, and they make everyone unhappy. Even if I order them to be dumped.)
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 02, 2012, 12:15:23 am »

Hm. I'm assuming that big ol' stockpile north accepts Plump Helmets, yes? Do you have Dwarves All Harvest on? It could be a case of not enough idlers to harvest the crops, and I do think planting new crops is higher priority than stockpiling food, which is why the growers wouldn't do it. Lack of dorfpower would explain the lack of dog dumping, too.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 02, 2012, 12:18:47 am »

My population is about 200, about 50 of which are farmers, and that stockpile actually only accepts seeds, there's a big ol' helmet stockpile downstairs though.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 02, 2012, 12:40:38 am »

Yeah, CONFIRMED.  3rd wave of migrants came, got new toggle in 34.04 set to No, this game, and managed to scumload from an earlier save and avoid that cave croc disaster.  All 22 of these new migrants have nothing for socials.  Zippo, not even an Observer on the Ambusher.  No Flatter, or anything.  They have Military and Labor skills, disabled like Toady advertised.  But was it an unintentional change to strip their Socials?  Not sure if its been bugged.  I'll look it up, a bit later.  This change makes things a wee bit harder, without Socials.  Must be a bug.  This wasn't advertised as a difficulty change.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 02, 2012, 01:49:37 am »

So do dwarves have something against Plump Helmets now?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They just leave them there until they completely rot away, then plant another one and leave it there...

(Also, they don't like moving dog corpses either, and they make everyone unhappy. Even if I order them to be dumped.)

Probably not the case, but if you have them set to hide in a burrow, but don't have the plump helmets in the burrow area, they won't harvest them.

drivec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2012, 03:01:43 am »

is there anyway to stop a cook from useing  4plump helmets all the time for cooking while still being able to use plump helmets. was hopeing i could get a good mix of food.

Necromunger

• Bay Watcher
  • Last Survivor of Bodicebent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2012, 04:55:43 am »

Yess...? in the menu under kitchen. Just press z.
for (Dwarf * newDwarf in dwarfArray){
      [newDwarf cancelJob];
      [newDwarf Drink];
}

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2012, 05:39:26 am »

is there anyway to stop a cook from useing  4plump helmets all the time for cooking while still being able to use plump helmets. was hopeing i could get a good mix of food.

Best bet is to make an unsorted non-prepared food stockpile right next to the kitchen, as things get mixed up, the cook will pull different items.
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2012, 05:41:53 am »

Hrm.  Can an armless dwarf or dwarf with severely damaged, unuseable arms act as chief medical officer?  Obviously he's not going to do any of the work himself, but CMO's basically just create jobs for other doctors to do, right?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 422