Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 878483 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #345 on: March 01, 2012, 08:27:04 am »

Also, how do I assign people as guards? Wiki is blank.
Go to the [n]obles screen and assign a Captain of the Guard.

And then in the military screen, assign dwarves to the squad that the Captain of the Guard is leading.  This deputizes them, and they can drag convicted dwarves to jail and so on.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 01, 2012, 08:42:14 am »

The archers! They do not train! I have the archery targets all set to archery ranges, and set to have my marksdwarf squads to train at them, and I have my marksdwarves scheduled to train 3 out of 6 at a time, and they all have quivers and bolts. Bolts are set to be used for training. I just don't see why they won't train and just sit there with no job.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 01, 2012, 09:42:07 am »

Why might my fortress not be getting migrants? I'm below the pop limit, and the game gives the "no migrants came this season". Yet I have like 4m wealth. Surely I should be getting them?

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 01, 2012, 10:05:54 am »

Why might my fortress not be getting migrants? I'm below the pop limit, and the game gives the "no migrants came this season". Yet I have like 4m wealth. Surely I should be getting them?
How long have you been without migrants? If you've just missed a season there's nothing to worry about, you don't always always get migrants. If you've missed a few years I suspect that the message you're getting is that the fort's too dangerous, and you just had a massacre.

Now for a truly stupid question:L
How do you request flux from the caravan? I can;t see a place to request Limestone, only Limestone Blocks, and I thought you couldn't use blocks in reactions.

Nick

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 01, 2012, 10:07:49 am »

How long have you been without migrants? If you've just missed a season there's nothing to worry about, you don't always always get migrants. If you've missed a few years I suspect that the message you're getting is that the fort's too dangerous, and you just had a massacre.

Now for a truly stupid question:L
How do you request flux from the caravan? I can;t see a place to request Limestone, only Limestone Blocks, and I thought you couldn't use blocks in reactions.

Nick
Yeah it's been a while, and the reason I want them is my pop dropped below my cap due to, well, lots of violence :p So they're scared off for a while but will come eventually?

You request flux from the stone menu.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:20 am »

What would be the best method for getting a 5x5 stairway through an arbitrary sized aquifer?

Don't need a detailed description, just a pointer in the right direction..

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:29 pm »

What would be the best method for getting a 5x5 stairway through an arbitrary sized aquifer?

a) Ice

b) Cave-in

c) Pumps and/or obsidianification
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 01, 2012, 12:58:36 pm »

The archers! They do not train! I have the archery targets all set to archery ranges, and set to have my marksdwarf squads to train at them, and I have my marksdwarves scheduled to train 3 out of 6 at a time, and they all have quivers and bolts. Bolts are set to be used for training. I just don't see why they won't train and just sit there with no job.

Have you ac't'ivated the squad on the 's' menu? Check it's 'active/training' and not 'inactive'.

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2012, 01:02:23 pm »

a) Ice

b) Cave-in

c) Pumps and/or obsidianification

Pointer in the right direction

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #354 on: March 01, 2012, 02:13:08 pm »

Have you ac't'ivated the squad on the 's' menu? Check it's 'active/training' and not 'inactive'.
You also have to activate training on the archery target itself.

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »

I wanted to ask if this is a bug.
One child in my fort was attacked by some eagle-man (not so important) and his fifth toe on right foot was broken/smashed open. None of my medical dwarfs treated it. (is this intentional?)
In Health screen I see that it wasn't the whle toe but only smashed apart nail.  :o

And now he is spaming my announcements with "...,dwarf child cancels report crime:too injured" and "...,dwarf child cancels feed animal:too injured". (he has grazer pet)
Is this happening only because his toe? (because other injuries were threated)

Do I have to atom-smash him to silence him? :-\

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2012, 03:09:48 pm »

He should be getting a crutch if he still has something to hold the crutch with. Do children not get assigned crutches, or something weird like that?

Nail is a tissue that doesn't heal. You can add a healing rate to it though.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 01, 2012, 03:11:27 pm »

I've never had a dorf cause job cancellation spam because of a broken toenail- can the child still walk? Does it still have 2 functioning hands?

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #358 on: March 01, 2012, 03:17:14 pm »

I don't see why you guys think this is a problem. He's a kid with a smashed toenail. Ever met a kid who didn't complain?

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 01, 2012, 03:23:32 pm »

I've never had a dorf cause job cancellation spam because of a broken toenail- can the child still walk? Does it still have 2 functioning hands?
Well, he has damaged lower left arm and right hand (both skin fat and muscle) and in status tab is mentioned yellow ability to grasp lost,  white motor nerve damaged and sensory nerve damaged. And everything is healed now.
But he has nothing wrong with legs except that nail. Not even injured by that bird-man.
Weard thig is that he is moving around my meeting hall - miracle ???.

Could this be it? So, hen he can't hold anything in his arms and can't even walk properly the he is perfect Urist McTrapTester. :D
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 422