Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187751 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!
« Reply #915 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:42 am »

Mine, not yours. I forgot to lead with edit. :P

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:00 am »

Meph:  For when you get back then.

Was there anything game relevant about the plant area?

And, yeah, just what were the hard numbers behind the mechanics of the game in general? 

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 30, 2012, 03:46:50 pm »

Waitwaitwait, Jim and Irony didn't have scumchat?  Oh wow.  So when did you guys figure out each other was scum? 

Never for certain.

I apparently had surprisingly good reads about who the traitors were, but since I could never pin them down for certain I never thought I was in a position to do anything other than act independently.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 30, 2012, 04:05:30 pm »

It's scum resonance.  They vibrate on different and more unique waves.  When they get close to one another they start to thrash about violently.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 30, 2012, 04:14:33 pm »

Like when their claims conflict, which explains why neither of them pursued the other.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 30, 2012, 04:58:03 pm »

Waitwaitwait, Jim and Irony didn't have scumchat?  Oh wow.  So when did you guys figure out each other was scum? 
I... don't know.

It's scum resonance.  They vibrate on different and more unique waves.  When they get close to one another they start to thrash about violently.
I'm thinking it might be this. I thought this was my attempt at winking at Jim, but he only had one post before that and I'm not seeing why I would have thought it was him winking at the rest of us. Hrm.

I know somewhat later he mentioned asked something about "tripping us up," which was certainly more confrimation, but I'm pretty sure I knew already by that point.

So I guess the inconsistancy between Jim's and IO's claims wasn't intentional, then?  I figured you two had a private chat, so that was either intentional (for some reason) or one of you goofed badly.
I wasn't paying attention, so just gave my actual claim instead of ensuring that it matched Jim's. Oops.

Like when their claims conflict, which explains why neither of them pursued the other.
To be fair, I still think there was enough going on that that was reasonable.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 31, 2012, 06:50:21 am »

Damn.
I asked you to survive, and you failed me.
GADDAMMIT.
Good game, even though I died quickly... as usual.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 31, 2012, 04:16:23 pm »

Thanks for the protect though. :D
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 01, 2012, 02:58:09 am »

Har har.
Did that actually do anything though?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 01, 2012, 03:18:50 am »

Nah. In theory we totally could have killed each other without knowing we were on the same team (like Jim did to Shak at the end), but nobody did, and we were the only ones with NKs.

It did keep it off anyone else, though, which could have been a nasty surprise.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 02, 2012, 11:32:22 am »

Epic setting, Meph, but you promised you'd use some ideas from my offer, you liar. :(

Yeah, I'd been planning on working some of that in, but this idea sort of popped up and took over. I had some good mechanic ideas for this and I kind of had to run with it.

Meph:  For when you get back then.

Was there anything game relevant about the plant area?

And, yeah, just what were the hard numbers behind the mechanics of the game in general?

The plants were just there for flavor. I thought it'd be an interesting area to have you guys hide in.

Mechanics-wise, each Traitor had a 50% chance of their 'kill' going off. Each extension raised that chance by 25 points (so, 75% or 100%). Shortening once dropped it to 25% for that night, but shortening again without at least a regular rest period would jump it to 75% and then 100%. If three days were shortened in a row then Flavor Kills would have been added in. Shortening more than a single RL day's worth of time basically works as two or three shortens in a row. So the actual Optimal method for town would have been to cycle single day-shortens and regular days.

The end-game could get a bit complicated. If there were no pilots left, the escape would fail. If there were no scum left and at least 1 pilot, the escape would succeed. With equal or greater scum to escapees, the scum would win. With more town than scum, but some scum left, a mass vote would happen where everyone had to vote each other player if that person could go with them on the ship or not. Anyone with a majority against them getting on the ship would be left behind.

General consensus from everyone on the game? Fun, I hope?

I though it was interesting and bastardly without being unwinnable for anyone necessarily. And having a game consisting mostly of survivors seemed like a very interesting idea.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 02, 2012, 11:37:00 am »

Yeah, an interesting bastard twist on the usual Paranormal series.  So there really wasn't anything that would have triggered my shield or the DMB in this game, huh?

I should have just taken 4 stun orbs, if repeats were possible. 

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 02, 2012, 11:49:15 am »

Not in this set-up, no. But of course, you couldn't have known that. In theory a Doppelganger could still have had a killing role, since they don't need weapons to be deadly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 02, 2012, 11:56:19 am »

Was there any special effect for leaving a dopp behind? A little bit of violence followed by a lot more violence followed by some dead guards and a taser?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 02, 2012, 11:57:58 am »

Yeah, a good game, but the whole pilot gimmick

MAKES NO SEEEEEEEENSE

as explained above.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63