Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187869 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Rest Phase
« Reply #720 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:05 pm »

As much as I would like to continue asking questions to Urist and his assumptions about the game setup, I'm a little busy at the moment and can't really do that right now. Since GG had unvoted IronyOwl, I'll vote IronyOwl in the meantime, to pressure him to claim race/role; I don't want scum to lurk and avoid any unwanted attention.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:55 pm »

EBWOP: I should have said race OR role; I assume we're still trying to double-confirm.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »

If Irony doesn't get in here and claim soon, my vote's going to have to go back on him. Nothing Urist has done is quite as scummy as avoiding lylo.

Assuming we end up lynching Irony, I think we should coordinate our investigative efforts tonight - assuming we get another day, of course. I could easily confirm Urists goal, if needed, and Jim could watch our new pilot, and if Irony doesn't reply before we lynch him, Servant can report on him (ask Meph if you can report on the dead, actually) to confirm Shakerag's ability.

Other ideas might be better obviously.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:01 am »

Jim:  UI is attacking GG because GG didn't want to reveal that there in fact wasn't a living guard.  GG is attacking UI because UI heavily implied he knows Book is of the sacrificial guardian type, despite there being no roleflips and him having claimed no role that would give him insight on that.

So, Imiknorris is attacking GlyphGryph because he's being a cagey bastard, and GlyphGryph is attacking Imiknorris for making an unverifiable but possible assumption?

You're also attacking Imiknorris for making that unverifiable assumption. It's at the very least possible, right?

IronyOwl until he claims.

On second thought, unvote. I'm not going to be around for a lot of tomorrow, so I don't want to commit to a vote if I can't reverse it, especially if it's only pressure to claim.

We're also going to need to come up with a game plan lickity-split when IronyOwl claims, since it's probably way too dangerous to extend or shorten.

Assuming we end up lynching Irony, I think we should coordinate our investigative efforts tonight - assuming we get another day, of course. I could easily confirm Urists goal, if needed, and Jim could watch our new pilot, and if Irony doesn't reply before we lynch him, Servant can report on him (ask Meph if you can report on the dead, actually) to confirm Shakerag's ability.

I don't see any immediate problems with it, so I'm fine with doing this. I'll think it through, but if I do see any problems with it I won't be able to report them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 23, 2012, 08:00:46 am »

Jim:  Oh, it's certainly possible.  The catch is that he seems awfully sure about it.

Urist I:
I think he was sacrificial because I would be a better target than Bookthras if the scum were trying to stop the escape.

This makes no sense.

And I'm for an extend.  We extended a bunch early on and had no ill effects from it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 23, 2012, 08:35:36 am »

extend
I am going to be out all day today. 

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 23, 2012, 09:07:36 am »

also extend.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 23, 2012, 01:16:58 pm »

Oppose extension, for the time being. If flavor matters, then not extending has the potential to lead to more people getting lynched in the night. I PMed Meph, and he said that I can only inspect people who are alive, so we need to modify GG's plan somewhat.

Urist Imiknorris: If Bookthras was sacrificial, if shortening does nothing, and if kills were determined by an entity within the game, why did nobody die in N3? If somebody targeted you in N3, shouldn't Bookthras die instead of you?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 23, 2012, 02:09:20 pm »

Toaster:
Urist I:
I think he was sacrificial because I would be a better target than Bookthras if the scum were trying to stop the escape.

This makes no sense.
I think it more likely that he died protecting me than that scum targeted him.

Servant Corps: Bookthras was the only one who targeted me N3. I think scum no-killed, presumably so Dariush could try to save his ass by claiming what he did. Either that or Irony's a roleblocker.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 23, 2012, 02:14:25 pm »

Servant:
Oppose extension, for the time being. If flavor matters, then not extending has the potential to lead to more people getting lynched in the night. I PMed Meph, and he said that I can only inspect people who are alive, so we need to modify GG's plan somewhat.

I don't like this.  You want Irony to answer, but you're against giving him more time?   You sure you don't just want him lynched?

Urist I:
Servant Corps: Bookthras was the only one who targeted me N3. I think scum no-killed, presumably so Dariush could try to save his ass by claiming what he did. Either that or Irony's a roleblocker.

This is flimsy as hell.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 23, 2012, 03:57:09 pm »

Vote Count?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 23, 2012, 04:08:38 pm »

The Vote Tally
IronyOwl: Servant Corps
GlyphGryph: Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris: GlyphGryph, Toaster

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today. 4 votes total needed to Extend the rest phase. Currently there are 3 votes to Extend and 2 Against, for a net of 1 vote to Extend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 23, 2012, 04:09:46 pm »

Shit. Shakerag, if you're around, make your claim with results NOW.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 23, 2012, 04:10:00 pm »

Extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 23, 2012, 04:11:50 pm »

Unless that extend was enough, obviously.

Unvote
Vote IronyOwl
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63