Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187883 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Rest Phase
« Reply #705 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:16 pm »

The Vote Tally
IronyOwl: GlyphGryph
GlyphGryph: Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 22, 2012, 05:58:52 pm »

No fucking duh. Because saying "HEY GUYS I FOUND THE GUARD AND HE GOT KILLED IN THE NIGHT SO THE LAST PILOT IS COMPLETELY UNPROTECTED" is exactly what I wanted to fucking shout to the world when we've got one more guaranteed night, right?

-_-

You're kind of dense, aren't you?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 22, 2012, 06:02:29 pm »

As if they wouldn't know he died.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 22, 2012, 06:03:04 pm »

If he'd fucking lived I wouldn't have had a problem full claiming pretty much right away. But I was deathly afraid there might be two scum left, and full claiming would have pretty much sealed your doom EVEN IF we hit scum.

And... as if they wouldn't know the doctor died?

Do you know something we don't?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 22, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »

Woah, okay, are you getting some sort of roleflips, scum? Is that how "they" would know?
Because I would have accepted "Because they probably could have figured it out from Jim's post about him visiting you 3 nights in a row", but now you're telling me the scum somehow know the roles of people who die?

unvote, vote Urist

Explain yourself.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 22, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »

I'm assuming they'd be able to figure out that he was a sacrificial guard if they targeted someone else (like me) but Book died instead.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 22, 2012, 06:11:18 pm »

Weren't you the one arguing you likely lived through the night because you were protected by a doctor (who lived through the night)?

You're now suddenly assuming he was sacrificial instead of the regular type, instead of someone simply killing him?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 22, 2012, 06:13:01 pm »

That was N3, wasn't it?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 22, 2012, 06:15:28 pm »

What was night 3?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 22, 2012, 06:20:53 pm »

Night three: The night no kill happened. D4 is when you asked me why I thought I was still alive. At the time I thought it was because I was protected by a guardian (or equivalent).

Also guardians aren't the "regular type" - they're one of four types of guards, and the only ones who aren't sacrificial.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 22, 2012, 06:25:33 pm »

Regardless, you thought that was the most likely cause for your survival. I agreed, and still believed that come day start.

I did not want to reveal the fact that the likely guardian had died, and yet you argue they obviously would have known.

So again, I ask, what do you know that we don't? How do you know he was sacrificial? If you don't know, why do you think it know when you didn't before? And not only think it, but think it so hard you act is if it should be obvious to me that was the reason Book died?

Because OBVIOUSLY if the scum tried to kill a protect target, and he ended up protected, they would keep trying to kill him, right?

* GlyphGryph just shakes his head.

So, again, how do you know/why do you think he was sacrificial? Why did you suddenly change your mind? Why, now, do you think you survived night 3?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 22, 2012, 06:37:39 pm »

What the fuck are either of you getting at?

I really have no idea.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 22, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

I think he was sacrificial because I would be a better target than Bookthras if the scum were trying to stop the escape.

why do you think it now when you didn't before?
Because the one thing that seemed to require a Guardian to be possible has been shown not to.

And not only think it, but think it so hard you act is if it should be obvious to me that was the reason Book died?
Because I'm bad at seeing things from other peoples' points of view.

Because OBVIOUSLY if the scum tried to kill a protect target, and he ended up protected, they would keep trying to kill him, right?
Because OBVIOUSLY the scum attacked me N3. If that's what you think, why aren't you voting Jim for being a lying scumbag by saying that Bookthras was the only one to target me N3?

I think I need to sleep now.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 22, 2012, 08:02:27 pm »

Because in Paranormal, there are ways to kill people without visiting them. But also, because I think you're actually scum, rather than someone tried to kill you and failed, so no one else did shit to you.

Because the one thing that seemed to require a Guardian to be possible has been shown not to.
Again, explain. Where are you even getting this from? Who shot it down? How? Because I still haven't heard another reasonable explanation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 22, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »

Urist:
I'm assuming they'd be able to figure out that he was a sacrificial guard if they targeted someone else (like me) but Book died instead.

That's a hell of an assumption to make, especially given that for some reason there was no NK N3.  This reads much more like a scum slip to me.  Are your guard buddies radioing you in the roleflips?  Looking for anyone in particular?

You also never answered "why not anyone else?"

Jim:  UI is attacking GG because GG didn't want to reveal that there in fact wasn't a living guard.  GG is attacking UI because UI heavily implied he knows Book is of the sacrificial guardian type, despite there being no roleflips and him having claimed no role that would give him insight on that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 63