Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 188056 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Run Phase
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2012, 05:57:19 am »

And how exactly does asking if anyone has incredibly useful magic powers they'd like to share "attempting to break the system?" If I asked if anyone had a list of every pilot in the game or knew exactly what happened if we nolynched, would you consider me to be hard at work breaking the setup or busy being useless?
Let's examine two possibilities. 1) I don't ask about those 'magic powers'. Two people die every day, nobody survives until the end since everyone continues only caring about his own ass, so why should one claim town-saving powers in this case. 2) I ask about those 'magic powers'. There is a remote chance someone would claim and we'll be one step closer to winning.
So you think the side of the door is the mainly relevant part, it's based on some non-alignment based factor that we have no way of knowing, and TolyK may return as a result of it.
Why?
Logic and guesswork. I think it's non-aligment based since how would aligment influence other people into leaving the lynched on a certain side of the door? Tolyk is on our side of the door, he's a claimed dopp (claws and teeth, hint-hint) and the last we saw of him the door was still intact. Since I doubt we'll be magically saved from NKs or lynches any time soon, it is reasonable there'll be resurrections (otherwise nobody will survive). Considering the last two sentences, it's logical to assume it's Tolyk who will return.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Rest Phase
« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2012, 08:34:51 am »

Dariush:
What relevance does this have?
Apart from knowing whether we are actually getting anywhere and which roles there actually are in the game?... Nope, no relevance.

Given the lack of roleflips, do you expect useful information?

Considering the last two sentences, it's logical to assume it's Tolyk who will return.

It's almost like you know something we don't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Rest Phase
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:53 am »

Given the lack of roleflips, do you expect useful information?
Of course I do, otherwise the game would be unwinnable as I said before.
It's almost like you know something we don't.
Yes. I know when to use braaaaains instead of quietly gliding through the game.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »

Like Meph was going to do something no matter what happened.
You gonna back that up?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »

2) I ask about those 'magic powers'. There is a remote chance someone would claim and we'll be one step closer to winning.
How does claiming a power make the survivortown closer to winning, and how does it not allow the scum team (in whatever form it may take) to kill off the important people?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »

Like Meph was going to do something no matter what happened.
You gonna back that up?
Well, Meph did do it.  A third example would make this even better.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2012, 12:40:19 am »

You race down the corridor and find yourselves on a catwalk above a large storage room. You’re not sure what happened exactly, but Powder Miner staggers off to the side and flips over the rail, plummeting down onto some containers below. You’re not sure if he’s ok or not, but he’s certainly beyond any help that you can give.

You flee from the security forces that show up behind you, toppling boxes and canisters as you enter a seemingly endless chain of supply rooms.  Eventually you managed to get far enough ahead to rest for a bit. But not too long, your pursuers may have lost you for now but they could find you at any moment!

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Third Rest Phase
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2012, 01:05:41 am »

Noes D:

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2012, 01:08:39 am »

So first NativeForeigner, now Powder Miner.  If there's a scum team making choices I have no idea why the hell they would choose these guys.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2012, 01:42:41 am »

Because pilots.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2012, 01:45:54 am »

Good thing we had a pilot mass-claim then huh

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2012, 01:51:12 am »

So first NativeForeigner, now Powder Miner.  If there's a scum team making choices I have no idea why the hell they would choose these guys.

Really? No idea? This after you spent all D2 after him, and were told repeatedly why we needed him to survive? Also Really? "If there's a scum team"? There's a doubt in your mind by now? Do you think random chance has been killing pilots?

Screw you, ToonyMan, you are clearly scum.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2012, 05:47:09 am »

Really? No idea? This after you spent all D2 after him, and were told repeatedly why we needed him to survive? Also Really? "If there's a scum team"? There's a doubt in your mind by now? Do you think random chance has been killing pilots?

Screw you, ToonyMan, you are clearly scum.
Looks like someone's sarcasm detector is broken...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2012, 09:01:33 am »

ToonyMan, same reasons as yesterday.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2012, 09:35:21 am »

I need to do some rereading.  I haven't been strongly invested in this game, since I thought I was just a survivor.  I just took my first suspicion (Urist I) and ran with it, under the thinking that weak play would not get me night killed.  Don't get my wrong- I do suspect him- it's just not as strong as I had made it out to be.

I'm going to look things over and come back with something concrete.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 63