Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187980 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Rest Phase
« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2012, 02:47:34 am »

Toaster: No response to my post?

Shakerag: You've been sitting on that TolyK vote for a while, without any interaction save some idle speculation as to his stated wincon. Does Book strike you as equally weird, since he has the same wincon? Why do you suspect TolyK? Has nothing that's happened today affected your views?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 06, 2012, 05:16:17 am »

Jim:
You have the same wincon as TolyK. What makes you different?
TolyK is a dopp. Maybe you are too? And the someone you need to get to the ship is not a general reference, but a specific one, i.e., you win if some dopp gets to the ship.
No, I'm not a dopp. My win condition is explicitly for at least one person to escape on the ship, even if it's not me. I assumed this was the standard town win con (as in "you win if town wins, even if dead"). I'd find it extraordinarily weird if it was just me (plus the claimed dopp), so I call shenanigans; some people are either not reading their role right, or falseclaiming.

IronyOwl:
Finally, people trying to stop us from getting to the ship. To be honest, Native's death looked more like a vigkill than a scumkill; he had the most dubious claim and was fairly useless besides. That said, TolyK claims he didn't stop the kill and nobody else has taken credit, which seems to imply that either scum doesn't have a kill but town does, or that the scumteam indeed targeted a pilot. The first is possible (dopps activate on D3, scumteam is hivemind, etc), but I'm inclined to go with the simpler explanation.
I was right with you up to this point. How is a town vig the simple explanation? Do you really think a town vig took the claimed pilot out? What was it about his claim that was dubious to you? If scum had killed him, do you think they would take the credit? If you were scum and had killed him, would you have taken credit?

The rest of your post is generally fine. But the above is either misguided, or very scummy.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 06, 2012, 08:02:07 am »

All this bickering won't lead anywhere as long as we have no roleflips. Does anybody have any specific thoughts on the discovery of the 'dead' people's roles?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 06, 2012, 08:45:09 am »

Urist I:
Toaster:
Since when was there a pilot massclaim?
Do you remember that thing I did yesterday where I asked all pilots to claim? You know, the thing that forms most of your argument against me?

I saw your mass rolefishing.  You can't just unilaterally suggest such a thing on D1 and expect everyone to comply.

Think:  Oops, sorry.

Don't get me wrong- I say he's scum.  However, the survivor claim bit of my case has just been greatly weakened given that so many more people have claimed that wincon (hence my confusion.)

And just like I said earlier, the "safe lynch" bit was poorly thought through.  The only true reason he'd be "safe" to lynch is because he's scum. 

Dariush:
All this bickering won't lead anywhere as long as we have no roleflips. Does anybody have any specific thoughts on the discovery of the 'dead' people's roles?

What relevance does this have?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 06, 2012, 08:55:26 am »

Toony:
I agreed with Toaster's points.
Urist's pilot claim I believe the most, the rest not so much.
These two seem rather at odds, unless "the most" is still pretty low.
I suppose I need to rectifcy this.  I agreed with most of Toaster's points.  Everybody has their own opinions still.

TolyK is bad town because he's gaining a lot of suspicion and not doing anything about it.
But what about this makes you say he's bad town as opposed to bad scum?
There's no solid proof.  I just find what people are voting him for to be for easy lynching and that's hurting the town.  I don't think he's bad scum because he flat out claimed he was a dopp, which I have never seen a rational scum claim in a game before.  Again, bastard, so that helps my point more I think.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:42 am »

What relevance does this have?
Apart from knowing whether we are actually getting anywhere and which roles there actually are in the game?... Nope, no relevance.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:12 pm »

Shakerag:
I'm trying to get to the ship also.
Just to the ship?

<sarcasm> Yes, my wincon states that I merely need to gaze upon the majesty that is the escape ship before I can die happy </sarcasm>

Did you avoid posing that question to Toaster/Dariush because they're your scumbuddies, or did you have a different reason for just asking me? 

Sidenote:  The wording of everyone's wincons reminds me of George Carlin's rant about getting on the plane, as opposed to getting in the plane.  But I digress.

Shakerag: You've been sitting on that TolyK vote for a while, without any interaction save some idle speculation as to his stated wincon. Does Book strike you as equally weird, since he has the same wincon? Why do you suspect TolyK? Has nothing that's happened today affected your views?

If I'm already voting for TolyK ... why do I need to further interact with him? 

Crap.  I've been writing this off and on for a while due to being busy, and now I have to be away from the computer for a while.  I'll have to finish replying to you tonight.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 06, 2012, 06:33:16 pm »

Did you avoid posing that question to Toaster/Dariush because they're your scumbuddies, or did you have a different reason for just asking me?
I asked you because you're the quietest.

If I'm already voting for TolyK ... why do I need to further interact with him? 
Absolutely amazing. Bravo. Certainly correct? Deluded? Everything everyone expounds exposes extra evidence.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 06, 2012, 07:12:48 pm »

Zrk2

Are you blind?

Spoiler: Your Quote (click to show/hide)
Where does this mention scumhunting? How am I twisting your words?

Fuck. FUCKFUCKFUCK. I misread that as pilot. My apologies.

I am an idiot. ...
Folks, this is how you don't play survivor.

Anyway, Zrk2, it's kinda funny. You say I should kill myself because I'm being super scummy and yet you're not voting me.

Anyway, I can't kill myself. I said I don't have any day abilities.

(And I had thought Toonyman had meant something else i'm such an idiot)

The fuck? I'm not voting you because TolyK is being even worse. Don't worry, you're next.

Also, uh.
As a player, I'm both bad at town and scum. :P

So? If you're useless then it makes sense to kill you instead of someone who is useful. This is not an excuse. ie: If there are two equally scummy people then we should vote for the least useful because we risk losing less.

TolyK is bad town because he's gaining a lot of suspicion and not doing anything about it.
But what about this makes you say he's bad town as opposed to bad scum?
There's no solid proof.  I just find what people are voting him for to be for easy lynching and that's hurting the town.  I don't think he's bad scum because he flat out claimed he was a dopp, which I have never seen a rational scum claim in a game before.  Again, bastard, so that helps my point more I think.
A'ight. Wat? He's town because people are voting for him? Also claiming he must be town because the scum would never claim scum is simply WIFOM, and unacceptable. Get it together.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 06, 2012, 07:16:12 pm »

Zrk2

Are you blind?

Apparently I am. But I notice you haven't answered my original question - how is a claimed protect useless?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 06, 2012, 08:36:53 pm »

I misread that as pilot. I said that in the quoted post. My apologies; I was referring to a pilot being irrelevant if he's scummy, but a claimed protect is worth consideration, even if he is ultimately lynched because there is no way to prove it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 06, 2012, 09:33:57 pm »

The Vote Tally
Powder Miner: Dariush, Toonyman
Toaster: Bookthras, Think0028
TolyK: IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, Shakerag, Zrk2
Toonyman: Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster

Tolyk looks around and sighs. "All right, I'll hold them off as long as I can. Good luck!"

Just as you start to head out you hear the Security forces trying to break through the locked door. Tolyk quickly begins to haul heavy objects in front of the door as the rest of you sprint down the corridor.

Run phase has started. If you have any actions, send them in!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 06, 2012, 09:37:55 pm »

Fuck you you fuckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:53 pm »

I wanted that protect.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 63