Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187927 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:40 pm »

I'll tell you why you are explaining it to me: because you are grasping at straws and working really hard to make the motions that there's something there, but there's nothing. I did continue pushing him, four posts later, as he wasn't the only thing going on. I don't need to acknowledge every time someone answers a question. And I certainly don't need to play to your schedule.

I repeat: should I have tunneled on him exclusively? Shouldn't I have questioned others, or answered questions addressed at me, until I had exhausted the Powder Miner topic? Is your whining based solely on "you didn't acknowledge him"? Should I have unvoted him when he answered my questions, even if I still thought he was scummy? If not, then what's your point?
a) You are creating a false dichotomy. There are more options than tunneling or ignoring someone. You could perhaps question both him and other people.
b) Presumably, if you still found him scummy after he answered your question, you'd continue pressuring him immediately. Pressure doesn't work unless you keep it up, after all, and if you were so convinced he was scum that you didn't need pressure, you'd surely be trying to get other people to vote him, yes? Considering that you did neither, you obviously didn't care all that much about your vote.
a) You are being deliberately obtuse indeed. I did question "both him and other people", in the order and timing I found convenient.
b) I don't give a damn if my questions weren't fast enough to please you. "Immediately" is hardly a necessity when the day would last several more RL days (as it has) and there's plenty of time to apply pressure (which I did, four posts later).

You also say "if you were so convinced he was scum...", ignoring what I said here. I never said I was "so convinced" he's scum, he's just the scummiest I've found. It's too early for definitive conclusions. Putting words in people's mouths is scummy, you know? As is trying to conjure arguments from nothing but demands for timeliness pulled out of your ass.

Please restate the crux of your current argument. So far it really comes down to "you spent four(!) posts talking to others instead of pressing PM." Is that it? Really? If so, then you have nothing. Bugger off.

I can safely ignore a hivemind, unless their goal is to prevent us from leaving.
A hivemind doesn't need you to leave, if it converts a human pilot, and if a hivemind exists it knows that's what Powder Miner has claimed (whether true or not)... so yeah, you should be concerned.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »

TolyK, answer my fucking question:

Dopps have telepathic links with each other.

You also have a strong mental connection with one another that you can use to speak in secret with one another.

Why don't you have one?

Liar liar pants on fire.

Zrk2, you missed one:

Hrm? I've already solidified my vote on Flandre for being useless and then trying to fob us off. I've already covered that. how do I not have a target?

Then why ask everybody what their second scum pick is?

It's hard to believe you legitimately want to know what everybody's second scum pick is.

Goddamn, it's like an ignore Jim party around here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2012, 11:19:44 pm »

Powder:
Toaster: You say "safe" lynches? Shouldn't you be going for people who are dangerous rather than those who are safe to lynch?

Well, we'll have to have at least five people stay back unless we want Bad Things to happen, per Meph.  If less than five people are anti-town, well...

TolyK:  What the hell inspired you to ask for volunteers to be protected?

Urist:  And just how do you know that hiveminds are following the same rules this game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2012, 11:53:47 pm »

Urist I: I was being useless because I'm not used to playing survivor- this is my first time playing it.
And how does being useless help you not get lynched?
I really have no idea. I thought that if I didn't make any enemies, noone would kill me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:50 pm »

Zrk2, you missed one:

Hrm? I've already solidified my vote on Flandre for being useless and then trying to fob us off. I've already covered that. how do I not have a target?

Then why ask everybody what their second scum pick is?

It's hard to believe you legitimately want to know what everybody's second scum pick is.

Goddamn, it's like an ignore Jim party around here.

I previously explained that it was to see who actually had scumpicks instead of simply placing a vote with a shoddy case to keep up the appearance of hunting. In fact I have said post right here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is that what you wanted? I have not ignored you, I have in fact provided timely and detailed responses. How did you miss them?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2012, 12:06:38 am »

I figured that was your answer, but I still prefer being answered directly.

Now that I understand what you were trying to do, I like it better, but it still seems too scattershot and indiscriminate to be an effective tactic. E.G., I didn't answer your question, because I didn't really feel any pressing need to answer it. I do have more suspects than just Flandre, but are you going to come hunt me down because I didn't put my second scumpick down in response to your general, low-pressure, all-inclusive question?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2012, 12:14:48 am »

I figured that was your answer, but I still prefer being answered directly.

Now that I understand what you were trying to do, I like it better, but it still seems too scattershot and indiscriminate to be an effective tactic. E.G., I didn't answer your question, because I didn't really feel any pressing need to answer it. I do have more suspects than just Flandre, but are you going to come hunt me down because I didn't put my second scumpick down in response to your general, low-pressure, all-inclusive question?

Tomorrow I'll put in the legwork and compile answers, and see who hasn't replied. Then we'll go from there.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2012, 07:51:20 pm »

I definitely needed that weekend. I'm going to work tomorrow, and I should have a good several hours to participate before the day ends afterwards, and I get lynched.

Spoiler: Not Mafia-related (click to show/hide)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:38 am »

Book: I wasn't voting because this is my first bastard game, so I'm trying to be cautious.  I don't know that I've ever felt my D1 play is terribly strong, because there's not a lot of reliable info to go off of yet.  I'm re-reading through as I write this, so I don't have a top three right yet, but TolyK is certainly looking like scum for the contradictions IronyOwl pointed out.

And claiming doc.  And asking for who to protect (indirect role-fishing, anyone?)

Powder Miner ... my head is saying scum, but my gut is saying "non-optimal non-scum play" to put it in a civil way. 

That's pretty much what I picked up on giving Friday/the weekend a look over.  I'll take a second pass when I have time today.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2012, 03:02:07 pm »

The Vote Tally
Bookthras: Urist Imiknorris
Flandre: Jim Groovester, Think0028, Toonyman, Zrk2
Powder Miner: Bookthras, Dariush, Flandre
TolyK: IronyOwl, NativeForeigner, Shakerag
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2012, 05:14:31 pm »

Powder Miner:
Oh, you're worried about the italics. That was really more RP than anything else. The way I was told I was survivor was that I'm the one who matters though I'm not hostile to the others. Combine that with being an Intelligent Scientist so I figured hey why not be an egotistical scientist.
That post with and without the italics make for two completely different messages. I will not waste my energy arguing with someone who has already made a dangerous claim over something that is now irrelevant. Someone must be left behind, and I think it should be you. There are too many complications with having a tag-along doppelganger, especially one that has tried to convince us that he is a friendly pilot.

Think0028:
Flandre: Now you're attacking Powder Miner on the 'feel' of his post, and you ignore the meat of ToonyMan's accusation, namely that you are being extremely vague about why Powder is so obviously scum. What about Powder's actions make him scum versus overconfident survivor? Can you make a case you believe in and don't have to hedge on?
Pressure or lynch? Because if it's pressure, I'm not sure I see a question along with it.
It was a pressure vote, made to appear like a lynch-vote. His comment was scummy in the way it was worded, but I wanted my attack to appear as something more than a vague 'I'm on to you' interrogation. He would have responded either way.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2012, 05:15:58 pm »

IronyOwl, that last response was also a response to your question. I forgot to address you officially in bold.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2012, 06:39:25 pm »

Flandre, I never claimed I was a doppelganger, That was TolyK.
I am a human.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2012, 06:44:09 pm »

Egad! Seriously, I apologise. I can't believe I made that mistake. Unvote. TolyK. The Dopp needs to go.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2012, 06:49:43 pm »

Anyway, now that I made myself look like an idiot again...

Powder Miner: Did you consider that being unhelpful to the town game would make it more likely that you would be dropped?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 63