Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187897 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2012, 08:43:52 pm »

I have to say, getting info from the mod was a lot more straightforward than I was assuming.

Toaster:
Interesting question.  There are only two ways to find out, and one is to try it.  Let's try the other first (see below.)  Besides that, a thought comes to mind.  Psychic wardens block by making their target unable to move at night.  Since night is now run, does that mean that block is a death sentence?  What do you think?
My general assumption would be that we just wouldn't have any roleblockers of that sort, or else that they'd work differently than they do in a standard game. I'd extend this to roles in general, ie Guards probably either don't exist or function by keeping an eye on someone or staying behind to cover for them, not standing outside their nonexistent door. The notion of roles/rolenames being completely different, ie Psychic Warden being essentially a killer-roleblocker, seems kind of strange to me, so I'd tend to assume that isn't the case.

Zrk2:
So your vote is based on WIFOM? What is this, IronyOwl?
That's not WIFOM, it's speculation. If I could think of an obvious reason why a townie would want to do this also, then it'd be WIFOM.

Imiknorris:
So... How would the dopps have known about the necessity of a pilot unless they had one themselves?
Exactly. Who do we know here who's a pilot who also happens to want all other pilots known?

The accusation was completely non-serious. Your reaction to it was rather telling, though. You declare two people to be scum because one of them was saying stupid things at you? Christ, I wasn't even voting you for it.
Neither of them register much at all to me as scumtells.
You win a prize! The prize is... nothing!
Make terrible attack -> Back off and call it a joke afterwards -> Scum.

Shakerag:
My gut feeling is that Imiknorris may be telling the truth about being a pilot, since he brought up the point first.  However, is NativeForeigner really a pilot, or is he a dopp trying to get lynch protection?
Interesting. What do you think of my take on the matter, then?

Bookthras:
IronyOwl, Flandre, Tolyk: If you were scumbuddies with vanilla roles, which one of you would you prefer execute the night kill? Why?
TolyK. He tends to be fairly lurky and useless, and while thus arguably ahead in some ways in RBing tendency, much less of a loss in the event of unexpected killing complications.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2012, 08:58:38 pm »

IronyOwl, Flandre, Tolyk: If you were scumbuddies with vanilla roles, which one of you would you prefer execute the night kill? Why?
I would trust IronyOwl's judgement over both my own and that of TolyK's, due mostly to his experience and my lack of conviction in making burdensome decisions on my own.
I know very little about TolyK, so he does not really get my consideration.

And Tolyk, your low activity, nervous answers, and that one defusing smiley makes me uncomfortable. I would continue attacking, but I ran out of material. 

Toonyman: I am not satisfied with those ridiculous RVS questions of yours. Really, who cares if someone likes you, or hates someone else? Knowing that Jim and Toaster are [like, totally] BFFs does not really tell us anything useful. Even following up a little on Dariush does little to remedy the situation's lack of seriousness.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2012, 09:21:24 pm »

Toaster:
Urist I:  A hostile vote block?  No, there's no way that could interfere with the scum team. Nope.
Ah, you're assuming the hypothetical hivemind has a mind control ray.

You don't have to be voting me to be scum.  Flandre was a reaction test. She responded in a non-scummy way (IE she ignored it because it had no real meat.)
So you voting Flandre without a case was a reaction test, but me poking at you without a case is me being scum? How is that not a massive overreaction, Toaster?

IronyOwl:
That's not WIFOM, it's speculation. If I could think of an obvious reason why a townie would want to do this also, then it'd be WIFOM.
Hmmm...

a) Group of people who can't all die or you're all fucked
b) Possible protections

You were saying?

Imiknorris:
So... How would the dopps have known about the necessity of a pilot unless they had one themselves?
Exactly. Who do we know here who's a pilot who also happens to want all other pilots known?
But then the dopps wouldn't need to identify any pilots - they'd have one. Where have you misplaced your brain, IronyOwl?

And why did you vote me twice?

No.

Zrk2: It was an obvterrible attack as a reaction test.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2012, 09:47:55 pm »

Zrk2, are you going to complain about how I tunnel you all the time?

Not unless you do tunnel me.

Okay.

Unvote.

Imiknorris:
Everyone: If you can fly the ship, please say so.
Why? Ohhhhhh, I get it.

Now I see. Dopps want off the station just like town does. Meaning they need a pilot alive just like town does, meaning they want to know who not to NK. Clevah guhl.

The more I think about it the more this strikes me as bandwagony. Mostly because of this:

Meaning they need a pilot alive just like town does,

Is what Imiknorris did something that exclusively doppelgangers would do? I don't think so. Even if what he did pointed oh so very slightly in the direction that he might be a doppelganger, the strength of your reaction to it still strikes me as a mismatch to what Imiknorris did.

Jim, Toaster, and Toony: Do you think there will be any negative consequences for nolynching?

Probably, but with the mod giving a definitive answer anything I could say about it would just be a rehash of what Meph said.

I am not pro-xenozoologist, by the way, even if my theory makes it appear that way; I would not advise dropping known townies to see if there is any truth to my hunch. Unless there is some unknown force that allows xenozoologists to capture us without catching up to us, I can only think that we choose who they abduct.

Hmm. That's exactly what I'd expect a pro-xenozoologist to say.

Why should I believe you?

And Tolyk, your low activity, nervous answers, and that one defusing smiley makes me uncomfortable. I would continue attacking, but I ran out of material.

The game started last night.

Isn't it a little early to be calling out people for inactivity?

You look like you're more interested in the appearance of activity than actual caring about suspects and stuff.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:13 pm »

Toonyman: I am not satisfied with those ridiculous RVS questions of yours. Really, who cares if someone likes you, or hates someone else? Knowing that Jim and Toaster are [like, totally] BFFs does not really tell us anything useful. Even following up a little on Dariush does little to remedy the situation's lack of seriousness.
Me thinks you care a little too much about this Flandre, are you trying to make a big case out of nothing?  Am I suppose to ask if they're scum?  What I have asked are important because people respond in different ways and I don't really like Daruish's response at all while Jim's and Urist's are more genuine.

Speaking of which, Dariush don't forget the question I asked previously while you're reading this.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:03 pm »

Imiknorris:
Hmmm...

a) Group of people who can't all die or you're all fucked
b) Possible protections

You were saying?
a) Which requires you knowing dopps lack a pilot

b) Which doesn't explain why you'd want anyone but yourself to claim

I was saying you were scum.

But then the dopps wouldn't need to identify any pilots - they'd have one. Where have you misplaced your brain, IronyOwl?

And why did you vote me twice?
Well, true. They might want a backup one, or better yet, knock off all the existing pilots so one of theirs is guaranteed to make it in, though.

I voted you twice (thrice now) to remind you that I know you're scum and want you hanged.

No.
Yes.

Really, what purpose was that supposed to serve, from a town perspective?

Jim:
The more I think about it the more this strikes me as bandwagony. Mostly because of this:

Meaning they need a pilot alive just like town does,

Is what Imiknorris did something that exclusively doppelgangers would do? I don't think so. Even if what he did pointed oh so very slightly in the direction that he might be a doppelganger, the strength of your reaction to it still strikes me as a mismatch to what Imiknorris did.
Claiming pilot, no, but requesting other pilots to claim alongside him? I'd expect town to be a lot warier than that.

I also don't like his interactions with Toaster, as I've been saying. I don't think I buy that it was a town gambit to get Toaster to overreact, and I really don't buy that he did so.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2012, 10:18:07 pm »

Me thinks you care a little too much about this Flandre, are you trying to make a big case out of nothing?  Am I suppose to ask if they're scum?  What I have asked are important because people respond in different ways and I don't really like Daruish's response at all while Jim's and Urist's are more genuine.
I would have stopped caring if you had acknowledged it in the first place. The fact that you ignored my complaint prompted me to push it further, just to find out why. I would also like to point out that all three of those responses were jokingly in agreement to their respective questions. What are you seeing in Dariush that I don't, just based off of his answer?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2012, 10:24:55 pm »

However, is NativeForeigner really a pilot, or is he a dopp trying to get lynch protection?
That would hardly get me lynch protection. I don't know how many pilots there are and only one pilot is actually needed. It would be foolish of you to assume I'm not a dopp just because I claimed to be a pilot, but it's equally foolish to call me a dopp because of it.

I also feel it's a little unnecessary to scrutinize Imiknorris so heavily for asking pilots to claim. Yes, it could be Dopps making a back-up plan should their pilot die, but he could also just be trying to prevent us from lynching all of the pilots accidentally.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2012, 10:38:52 pm »

Flandre, ignore my questions at your peril.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »

Native:
I also feel it's a little unnecessary to scrutinize Imiknorris so heavily for asking pilots to claim. Yes, it could be Dopps making a back-up plan should their pilot die, but he could also just be trying to prevent us from lynching all of the pilots accidentally.

Well, which is it?  Take a stand.

Urist I
Toaster:
Urist I:  A hostile vote block?  No, there's no way that could interfere with the scum team. Nope.
Ah, you're assuming the hypothetical hivemind has a mind control ray.

You do know how a hivemind works, right?  Hint:  It's a cult.  [You do know how a cult works, right?]

You don't have to be voting me to be scum.  Flandre was a reaction test. She responded in a non-scummy way (IE she ignored it because it had no real meat.)
So you voting Flandre without a case was a reaction test, but me poking at you without a case is me being scum? How is that not a massive overreaction, Toaster?

Now you're just making shit up.  I voted Flandre as a Random Vote in Random Vote Stage.  Trying to claim otherwise is a complete farce.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2012, 11:23:57 pm »

Native:

Well, which is it?  Take a stand.

I thought it was clear that I don't think it's necessary to lynch Imiknorris at this time. If you expect me to take a stance on whether or not he's a dopp, I can't give you that at this moment.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2012, 11:27:42 pm »

Oops! I skimmed right over that, sorry.

Hmm. That's exactly what I'd expect a pro-xenozoologist to say.

Why should I believe you?
Telling you that I am not pro-xenozoologist would hardly convince you otherwise, so there is no satisfactory reason as to why you 'should' believe me.

I read through my post again, and only then did I see that what I was saying actually benefited the xenozoologists. I thought it would have been more honest of me to say so as it came to me, rather than to wait until someone discovered it for themselves and accused me of being one. I also downplayed my own anti-town notion that to satisfy our win-con, the xenozoologists would need theirs satisfied as well. For a while, I figured that if dropping evacuees slowed down our alien pursuers (proving that they prioritize the bait over the actual chase), they would be completely happy with having a full exhibit and dropping interest in the rest of us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2012, 11:47:44 pm »

I would have stopped caring if you had acknowledged it in the first place. The fact that you ignored my complaint prompted me to push it further, just to find out why. I would also like to point out that all three of those responses were jokingly in agreement to their respective questions. What are you seeing in Dariush that I don't, just based off of his answer?
Again, we see that you don't know what you're saying.  While the other two responded along with doing their activity Dariush responded to my question immediately and still has done nothing.  Which is suspicious.

Same for this really.  I know you're not going to "stop caring" Flandre so you might as well fess up and stay behind.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:49 am »

Again, we see that you don't know what you're saying.  While the other two responded along with doing their activity Dariush responded to my question immediately and still has done nothing.  Which is suspicious.
 I know you're not going to "stop caring" Flandre so you might as well fess up and stay behind.

Unvote.
I knew what I was saying, and now I know where you were getting at. I also don't intend to 'not care' because you suggested it.
Tomorrow, I will reread--it is getting late.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2012, 12:47:41 am »

IronyOwl:
a) Which requires you knowing dopps lack a pilot

b) Which doesn't explain why you'd want anyone but yourself to claim

a) Any =/= all. Your argument doesn't work. It requires knowing that there is at least one non-dopp pilot. (see below)

b) Being protected wouldn't help if the rest of you thought I was full of shit and left me behind now would it? I was abducted as a survivor, and my only goal is to escape.

I was saying you were scum.
Nope.

Well, true. They might want a backup one, or better yet, knock off all the existing pilots so one of theirs is guaranteed to make it in, though.
You raise a good point, but I think I've got the pilot thing figured out: pilot = alien. In every Paranormal game before now, humanity hasn't been capable of interstellar flight (except for the last one, which was only the first journey outside Sol). How would a human thus be capable of operating whatever spaceship lies in the hangar? Furthermore, dopps have historically only taken over humans, and since they're transported in pods, they have no need to know how to fly a spaceship, so no dopp pilots either. So Native, are you also an alien?

I voted you twice (thrice now) to remind you that I know you're scum and want you hanged.
Very persistent of you, but that same message can be delivered by just leaving your vote on me - that is, after all, what a vote means. Why take the effort to pointlessly repeat yourself?

Really, what purpose was that supposed to serve, from a town perspective?
I tend to have trouble reading Toaster, so I wanted to throw something his way and see what he did. I was not impressed.

Toaster:
You do know how a hivemind works, right?  Hint:  It's a cult.  [You do know how a cult works, right?]
Yes, but I don't understand how a cult translates to a vote block. But then again, I don't really care if there is a hivemind.

Now you're just making shit up.  I voted Flandre as a Random Vote in Random Vote Stage.  Trying to claim otherwise is a complete farce.
Yes, as you said there was no weight behind your vote. That does not explain why you seem to think there was weight behind my attack, when they both served the same purpose.

Flandre, why do you need to reread already?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 63