Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3809382 times)

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10605 on: May 08, 2014, 12:19:33 am »

A couple questions:

First, is it still possible to embark on an island that your dwarven civ doesn't normally have access to?

And second, is it possible to fast-travel through tunnels?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: May 08, 2014, 12:25:38 am »

1. Embarking hasn't changed this release AFAIK.
2. Yes.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: May 08, 2014, 08:55:26 am »

I know your companions are supposed to be able to cross rivers, but it's pretty easy to lose companions while crossing a river, whether its because they didn't cross fast enough before they got offloaded, they got distracted by wildlife, or a combination of both.

Basically I'm just wondering if Toady One tested that situation. Though if they ignore rivers in army mode, I guess it shouldn't be a problem
I'm just picturing an adventurer who managed to recruit a few hundred Ant Woman soldiers then tries to out-run them.  Once far enough behind, they obligingly revert into an army.  At a point where they must be trying to cross a river, the adventurer doubles back to look.  Just image a huge mass of giant ants forming a living bridge to get over a river...

Can an adventurer irritate a faction sufficiently that even when it offloads into an army, that army decided to pursue the adventurer across the world map?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: May 08, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »

According to the 2/17/2014 Devblog post:

Quote from: DevBlog Post
So you could throw a head into a room to freak people out, which is cool, but you can also throw a single tooth, and it would work too, if the person is dead. And if you drop a tooth from a bar fight in a different room with some relatives, nobody will care, but if you later go and kill the former owner of the tooth, then you'll hear people cry out in the distance as long as they are still on the map, since they'll suddenly recognize the tooth as belonging to somebody deceased. That's okay, as far as we need it to work for now.

Will creatures react emotionally to butchery returns as if it were a piece of a dead creature's corpse? Can I butcher a historical Giant Dingo, eat it, and throw its heart onto a table in a tavern to show everyone it is dead?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: May 08, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »

Will creatures react emotionally to butchery returns as if it were a piece of a dead creature's corpse? Can I butcher a historical Giant Dingo, eat it, and throw its heart onto a table in a tavern to show everyone it is dead?
"But this ≡dragon roast≡ is from the infamous Axekuta Tilokimaran that was terrorizing your village, I assure you."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: May 08, 2014, 11:07:56 pm »

Now that people react emotionally to you killing their family, how will quests interact with this? If an townsperson's relative is a bandit, will they still give the quest to kill them? If so, how do they react if you complete it?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

BurningPhoenixGames

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: May 09, 2014, 01:20:02 am »

I'm relatively new to DF, how do you claim a site? That sounds like something I could have a lot of fun doing.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: May 09, 2014, 01:21:27 am »

Site claims aren't in yet. They are in some fashion in the much anticipated DF2014.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: May 09, 2014, 01:50:25 am »

"But this ≡dragon roast≡ is from the infamous Axekuta Tilokimaran that was terrorizing your village, I assure you."
My dwarves took the meat from two dragons and a plump helmet and a piece of cheese and turned them into a plump helmet roast. "Don't worry, it's vegetarian. It has one vegetable in it."

Drunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: May 09, 2014, 03:44:11 am »

"Fixed a subset of migrants that had broken dreams and values."
Does that mean no more adults? ;)

I always thought that was a feature, if my migrants didn't have broken dreams when they arrived at my fort, they certainly did soon after. :-p
A stopped clock is right for exactly two infinitessimal moments every day.
A working clock on the other hand is almost never ever exactly right.

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: May 09, 2014, 10:47:05 am »

I wonder if you can have fortresses double as insane asylums. Not that we were anyways.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: May 09, 2014, 11:15:37 am »

I wonder if you can have fortresses double as insane asylums. Not that we were anyways.
You build a wall around your fort and place a Note which reads "OUTSIDE OF THE ASYLUM".

Consult Wonko the Sane whether the Note should be inside or outside of the wall.
Just got back, updating:

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: May 10, 2014, 05:02:34 am »

Also cleaned up an issue causing residents to wander far away from their houses or into rooms they didn't intend to be in.

Well they definately are residents.

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #10618 on: May 10, 2014, 03:39:48 pm »

One Flew Over The *Mudstone Nesting Box* and Collided with an Obstacle, Shattering the Skull and Tearing the Brain!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: May 10, 2014, 06:39:17 pm »

Tomorrow would be a fine day for a release.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 748