Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus  (Read 39274 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2012, 03:16:44 pm »

Why not add a 10000 severity paralysis and call it "the force"?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2012, 03:22:42 pm »

I've been running into an issue with the "paralysis" spell (in .3, mind):  Occasionally, instead of paralyzing and slowing them, it will boost them to [SPEED:0] levels.  It might be due to casting paralysis in conjunction with slow, and some odd combination of the tags therein, but it's really annoying and has caused me to stop using the paralysis spell at all for fear of making the target lightning-fast.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2012, 03:26:17 pm »

lol yeh i figured it might be something like that but couldnt find a way to just target legs or arms.
btw this [CE_ADD_TAG:NOBREATHE:START:0:END:180] seemed to work but after the syndrome ends it
gets winded and suffocates after about 10 ticks or so.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »

Is there a way to play the 0.6 version without the little graphics? I didn't mind them at first, but walking through a field seeing dark green blocks mixed with light green blocks and not being able to tell a kobold from a shrub is kind of killing some of the feel for me.
Until then, 0.4 it is!
Well, if you don't want to play with graphics, you can always gut the graphics version of it's new files until Deon starts paying actual attention to what we're saying. There are seven files I have identified, but I cannot guarantee that these are all of them or that this will work, since I've been playing .4 due to a very long lasting adventurer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Inmate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2012, 04:24:20 pm »

Well, if you don't want to play with graphics, you can always gut the graphics version of it's new files until Deon starts paying actual attention to what we're saying. There are seven files I have identified, but I cannot guarantee that these are all of them or that this will work, since I've been playing .4 due to a very long lasting adventurer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even if it doesn't work, I appreciate the attempt  :) I'll give this a go, thanks mate.

Edit: I'd like to make note that it seems to have worked, but I wont know for sure until I've played for a while.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:16:27 pm by Inmate »

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2012, 04:30:06 pm »

YAY u changed the title :P least now ppl wont get confused ^_^. I will have to redo my Preview a little :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »

Random. I go five days into the columbian jungle, come back, and what do I see ? A new DF version, everything I did is outdated, and you  built up a complete seperate mod while I was away ^^

Respect, I will do some testing and hunt bugs, while at the same time stealing ideas, as usual 8)

I hope I wont find anything buggy, and again, well done with the fast work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »

I've been running into an issue with the "paralysis" spell (in .3, mind):  Occasionally, instead of paralyzing and slowing them, it will boost them to [SPEED:0] levels.  It might be due to casting paralysis in conjunction with slow, and some odd combination of the tags therein, but it's really annoying and has caused me to stop using the paralysis spell at all for fear of making the target lightning-fast.
cast both spells on your self then.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2012, 07:03:04 pm »

cast both spells on your self then.

I would, but it does often cause paralysis, which more than compensates for the speed increase. 
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »

Fie! All this name non-sense!

First Witcher, than Wicca and now witchcraft mod? I say you just stick it to all the Schicklegrubers that make a stink about names and call it

The Deon is Awesomemod
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »

First Witcher, than Wicca and now witchcraft mod? I say you just stick it to all the Schicklegrubers that make a stink about names and call it

The Deon is Awesomemod

Lol Logrin :P Deon is awesome yes ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2012, 08:51:48 pm »

The Deon is Awesomemod

Lol Logrin :P Deon is awesome yes ^_^

It is now official. This mod will be called Deon is AwesomeMod.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:43 pm »

I am currently playing the 0.4 version because I prefer ASCII and it has made adventure mode tremendously enjoyable.

I don't understand why a lot of people are getting so anal about the name though. I played both of the Witcher games and I don't have a problem with what Deon has put into the game and named it. Baffling.

Inmate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

As a side note, I seem to be starting butt naked, excluding my trusty dagger. This may have something to do with snagging just the raws from the .6 version to continue playing with ASCII, or it may be something worth noting. Regardless, I'm noting it :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:21 pm »

Bah, you don't need clothes. Real men fight naked and with worthless weapons.

Of course, real men often die quickly but that's not the point.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12