Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043328 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #930 on: March 09, 2012, 09:39:24 pm »

or what if we made the middle spine also contype with the lower body. That seems like it would fix everything despite in the notes that means the spine splits into two.

Edit: Though I suppose that makes the middle spine only damageable from attacks to the lower body.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:00:46 pm by Vherid »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 09, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »

Ok, I have 2 questions:

1. How would I go about making a mono-gendered race survive its first couple hundred years of world gen
2. How do i make a race's offspring turn out about 10% as female?

Any help is appreciated.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 09, 2012, 10:59:38 pm »

Ok, I have 2 questions:

1. How would I go about making a mono-gendered race survive its first couple hundred years of world gen
2. How do i make a race's offspring turn out about 10% as female?

Any help is appreciated.
1. Well, you could make the creature itself live for a few hundred years, but I get the feeling that's not what you're looking for.
2. use [POP_RATIO:9] for the males and [POP_RATIO:1] for the females (put them where it defines each class, like under the [MALE] or [FEMALE] tags)

My question:
I want to make a custom brewing reaction for adventure mode, so that I can get my delicious alcohol without having to actually buy it.
This is what I have so far:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BREW_TEST]
[NAME:Brew drink]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:container:1:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container]
[SKILL:BREWING]

The product line is what I need help with.  No matter how I arrange it, I can only get some generic "drink" to be made.

EDIT: also, how do I make it so that the reaction only takes plants that are actually brewable?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:18:19 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 10, 2012, 12:07:55 am »

Hey all, I'm a beginner to modding in Dwarf Fortress and wanted to ask if any of you guys knew what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to make a reaction for a corpse throne, btw:

[REACTION:MAKE_CORPSE_THRONE]
   [NAME:make corpse throne]
   {BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_S]
   [REAGENT:corpse:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:INORGANIC:CORPSE:NONE:NONE]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 10, 2012, 12:19:26 am »

Hey all, I'm a beginner to modding in Dwarf Fortress and wanted to ask if any of you guys knew what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to make a reaction for a corpse throne, btw:
Have you added the reaction to the dwarf entity? That's the first mistake new modders often make when trying to make reactions.

The BUILDING assignment line also uses a curly bracket { instead of a square bracket [, so the game isn't recognizing that line so isn't assigning the reaction to any building, thus making it impossible to use.

I'm not sure if the game accepts corpses as reagents, but the reagent line looks fine if it does.

The product line is very wrong. It has too many arguments, for one, and is trying to make a throne out of a stone or metal whose IDName is "CORPSE." Since that doesn't exist, it can't do it. What you were probably trying to do is get the material from the corpse and make it inorganic, which wouldn't actually work. If you wanted to make the chair out of... I guess meat, probably, the line would be

[PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:corpse:NONE]

as this would tell it to take the material from the product from the reagent line labeled corpse (it's not labeled CORPSE, by the way) and make it out of the same material as that reagent. To make it turn into an inorganic, or at least rot-proof, material type, you'd need to give corpses in general a reaction product that you used, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that, and that would be beyond the scope of a single reaction.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #935 on: March 10, 2012, 12:20:18 am »

Will be very hard, I had steelskinned, poisoned blooded, exploding, gun wielding automatons with nosleep, noeat and nodrink, and they still get killed. No offspring...

[REACTION:MAKE_CORPSE_THRONE]
   [NAME:make corpse throne]
   {BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_S]
   [REAGENT:corpse:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:INORGANIC:CORPSE:NONE:NONE]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]
Corpse token is broken as far as I know, but you can do bodyparts. Or bones. They do rot btw and the item is destroyed after a short time. Same for buildings made from bodyparts that can rot.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 10, 2012, 12:22:34 am »

Do genderless creatures that can still reproduce via assimilation survive worldgen? Or do they only do it rarely?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #937 on: March 10, 2012, 12:24:23 am »

You mean nightcreatures that convert spouses ? they are not genderless, but mono-gendered and get mating partner by abductions.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 10, 2012, 12:28:42 am »

You mean nightcreatures that convert spouses ? they are not genderless, but mono-gendered and get mating partner by abductions.

As in with an entity creature, like say an assimilating cyborg race with the normal caste and the converted caste.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 10, 2012, 12:33:14 am »

Question bump:
My question:
I want to make a custom brewing reaction for adventure mode, so that I can get my delicious alcohol without having to actually buy it.
This is what I have so far:
[REACTION:BREW_TEST]
[NAME:Brew drink]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[EMPTY]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:PLANT_MAT:DRINK]

The product line is what I need help with.  No matter how I arrange it, I can only get some generic "drink" to be made.

EDIT: also, how do I make it so that the reaction only takes plants that are actually brewable?
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 10, 2012, 12:42:21 am »

@Gizogin's edit:

Add a reaction class tag to all the plants that can be brewed ([REACTION_CLASS:BREWABLE]), and add the same tag to the reaction that uses the plant as a material to brew.

Not really sure how to make a drink, might want to check the Witcher/Witchcraft mod, or Wanderer's friend for that.

E: Try removing plant mat, since the product line has 5 tags (limit is 4).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:45:54 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 10, 2012, 12:50:39 am »

@Gizogin's edit:

Add a reaction class tag to all the plants that can be brewed ([REACTION_CLASS:BREWABLE]), and add the same tag to the reaction that uses the plant as a material to brew.

Not really sure how to make a drink, might want to check the Witcher/Witchcraft mod, or Wanderer's friend for that.

E: Try removing plant mat, since the product line has 5 tags (limit is 4).
I can make drinks just fine, as long as I specify which type of plant I'm using.  The problem comes in when I try to make a more general brewing reaction.
For example:
[REACTION:BREW_FLUFF_POTION]
[NAME:brew fluff potion]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[EMPTY]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:HERB_VALLEY:PLANT]
[REAGENT:B:1:CHEESE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:FLUFFBALL:CHEESE]
[REAGENT:C:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:ALL_PURPOSE_WHITE:PLANT]
[PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTION_FLUFF:DRINK]
works exactly as intended.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 10, 2012, 01:07:57 am »

But I am having some difficulties with the apple sauce reaction, it refuses to even show up in my custom workshop.
I assume this is because i did something wrong, but as the errorlog is not giving me any errors i am struggling to find out what.
One trick to test reactions is to separate them - in this case, GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT makes it trickier, but you can make a reaction that takes the same reagent and whose product is 1 granite(or something simple like that). If that reaction shows up, what's killing it is in the product.

In this case, I see several issues with the basket plant:
  • [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PONY_SAUCE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SAUCE] with no SAUCE material defined
  • [DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK] with no DRINK material defined
  • duplicate [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]

These should show up in the errorlog, but I'm not exactly surprised they don't. (Also, you added it to your entity, right?)

Giving them an interaction that converted some other species to theirs might work. My catgirls that uplift cats survived, though that might just be [PET_DOMESTIC]'s doing(the cat has no biomes, after all).

I think GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT doesn't use PLANT_MAT. It's looking on the reagent, so you don't need to tell it to look in the plants section.

[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK] on the reagent, I think.
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #943 on: March 10, 2012, 01:09:09 am »

As in with an entity creature, like say an assimilating cyborg race with the normal caste and the converted caste.

I am not completely sure that I understand you, but if they are genderless, they cant reproduce. End of story ^^ Even with multiple castes. IF one caste is male, one caste is femals, and a third caste is genderless, then Yes, it would work.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 10, 2012, 01:22:31 am »

I think GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT doesn't use PLANT_MAT. It's looking on the reagent, so you don't need to tell it to look in the plants section.
I tried it with and without the PLANT_MAT, and it still doesn't work.

[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK] on the reagent, I think.
That just makes it refuse to take any plant.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 544