Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043336 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #960 on: March 10, 2012, 11:20:10 pm »

@Gizogin
This will use the exsisting DRINK stuff from the plant. But you need to define a MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT on each brewable plant. Why? because just using a
[PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:PLANT_MAT:DRINK]

will probally give any error (if it didn't I'd be damned)

think of
GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:(reagent id):(material)
the same as
DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:(plant id):(material)

how your first try went was:
GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:PLANT_MAT(material):DRINK(material??)
which might have generated a errorlog

even just using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:DRINK will simply give you some generic drink (I have no idea why it just does, or at least for me it does)
and by adding a MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BOOZE_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK just think of this as "Zipping" the DRINK material into a nice little file called "BOOZE_MAT" and GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT can look at "BOOZE_MAT" and 'exstract' DRINK material and then use it.

With this you can now make a 'generic' brew reaction

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 10, 2012, 11:37:20 pm »

Yeah, I got it working.  For some bizarre reason, it only works if I place the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:] thing before the actual drink definition, but now I can have things like this:
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:BEAN_ELF_KILL]
[NAME:laughing bean][NAME_PLURAL:laughing beans][ADJ:laughing bean]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:13][PICKED_COLOR:2:0:0]
[GROWDUR:600][VALUE:1][MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BOOZE_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen joy brew]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:joy brew]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling joy brew]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:3:0:1]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:elfblight]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:ELF:ALL]
        [CE_NECROSIS:SEV:300:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:40:END:50]

[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:300:PROB:100:START:3:PEAK:40:END:50]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:joy rush]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:ELF:ALL]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:200:0:START:0:END:30]

[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:START:0:END:30]

[CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:PARALYZEIMMUNE:START:0:END:30]

[PREFIX:NONE]
[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:happy flour]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GREEN]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:2:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:15]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SEED:laughing bean seed:laughing bean seeds:1:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
[FREQUENCY:10]
[CLUSTERSIZE:3]
[PREFSTRING:poisons]
[WET][DRY]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:3:3]
[SHRUB_TILE:58]
[DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:58]
[SHRUB_COLOR:2:0:1]
[DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:0:0:1]

With this reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BREW_TEST]
[NAME:Brew drink]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:container:1:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BOOZE_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:BOOZE_MAT]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container]
[SKILL:BREWING]

Now I can make a special drink that kills elves, but provides massive boosts to anything else.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #962 on: March 10, 2012, 11:40:23 pm »

Yea I don't understand why the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT has to be "before" the ref material. To me as a programmer just blows my mind, because I can't call a variable before I define it. That just causes bad juju

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 12, 2012, 02:48:45 am »

Yea I don't understand why the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT has to be "before" the ref material. To me as a programmer just blows my mind, because I can't call a variable before I define it. That just causes bad juju
Well, that's a one-pass way of looking at it. One-pass has been perpetuated in modern programming languages for cargo-cult reasons.

I got into DF during 40d, so I dunno about earlier, but 40d was very two-pass; to a great extent order didn't matter. The current revs are… less two-pass, with this as an effect. Order matters sometimes, but which way it matters is an accident of history. It does seem to be "funky two-pass", rather than having actual one-pass-ness.
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 12, 2012, 03:34:38 am »

I have encountered a strange problem.

I have several reactions in my mod that requires certain toy to be available. The problem is that the game doesn't make a difference between any toys. So even if I don't have the specific toy (in this case a thing called "tablet") as long as I have any toys available I can run the reaction.

Here are the raws:

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: reactions (click to show/hide)

The usage of term TOOL, ie. ITEM_TOOL_TABLET_ACLHEMY, is leftover from the time when all the items were actually under the tools category. The same problem occurred back then as well as after turning all those to toys.

Any ideas what is causing this? I tried to look several other mods how those handled this situation and so far I haven't noticed any difference. The reactions just accept any toy instead of the specific ones.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #965 on: March 12, 2012, 02:22:43 pm »

@kipi: Sorry, but I cant find a fault in your raws. Looks ok...

Did anyone manage to give a creature an interaction or syndrome that can add interactions to others ? Somehow I fail to do so. I cant get the syntax right, the IT_ CDI_ and so forth. I cant name the interaction given by the syndrome and only write: (CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION) and thats it. Usually you do (CAN_DO_INTERACTION:interaction name) and that confuses the hell out of me.

EDIT: Solved it. The syntax is (CDI:INTERACTION:interaction)

PS: I will now test if a immobile creature can initiate FLEEING thoughts, and active an interaction that way, when badly hurt/damaged.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:27:00 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 12, 2012, 05:17:10 pm »

I have encountered a strange problem.

I have several reactions in my mod that requires certain toy to be available. The problem is that the game doesn't make a difference between any toys. So even if I don't have the specific toy (in this case a thing called "tablet") as long as I have any toys available I can run the reaction.

Here are the raws:

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: reactions (click to show/hide)

The usage of term TOOL, ie. ITEM_TOOL_TABLET_ACLHEMY, is leftover from the time when all the items were actually under the tools category. The same problem occurred back then as well as after turning all those to toys.

Any ideas what is causing this? I tried to look several other mods how those handled this situation and so far I haven't noticed any difference. The reactions just accept any toy instead of the specific ones.
On a side note, I've noticed that the 'pray for steel' and 'pray for adamantine' both use an ACHEMY tablet. I'm pretty sure that's a typo.

And as for the item itself, see if making it ITEM_TOY instead of ITEM_TOOL changes it.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 12, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »

So with the previous version my soul mod was working just fine. I was able to butcher an animal, get its soul essence, and then turn that essence into a gem to be used for other interactions.

All of that still works now, except that the animal is also dropping a "Stray Dog, right false rib, soul bone". What is changed in the new raws that might cause this? Nothing I could see would be a reason.
Even though Butcher Special is still used in the raws for stuff like meat, you might want to switch to EBO or Extra Butcher Object and specify what type of cut you'd like your soul gem to have, which can even be a shape you make up and add to descriptor_shapes.

Also before anyone spends too much time on an English language file for the new words, I'd like to post my complete language_ENGLISH file...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh and It works fine in any version.

Just tried this; it doesn't work at all. Gets me nothing but empty strings.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 12, 2012, 11:39:03 pm »

Is it possible to make a curse interaction, similar to the Necromancer transformation, which turns the affected creature into a spouse taker/converter, and also gives them flight and a breath weapon?

Basically I want to make the Ice King :D

Tobias the Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 13, 2012, 12:10:44 am »

I want to be able to embark with certain animals, and if possible 100% of the time, but i don't know what tags to add to the creature RAWS. I tried [COMMON_DOMESTIC], which didn't seem to work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 13, 2012, 12:27:32 am »

[COMMON_DOMESTIC] should be working, unless it's also biome dependent.

Tobias the Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 13, 2012, 12:44:43 am »

Yes, that was it, wrong biome.

Thanks!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 13, 2012, 03:52:39 pm »

Has anyone done any SCIENCE! On the [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2] tag yet? I`m kinda wondering what the numbers mean. My guess would be that the first number indicates how many materials the creature is weak against, while the second number indicates by which factor. Or could the first number indicate against how many metals the creature is weak, and the second one how many materials are not as strong as usual against it?

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 13, 2012, 03:57:52 pm »

my understanding is that MAT_MULT  sets it to acept more than one material, and the NONE NONE gives a blank definition means all materials are affected. the 1:2 mean a 1 to 2 force ratio, aka every 2 force is treated as 1.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #974 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:12 pm »

Quick question: Can I make a civ hostile by default, without using baybsnatcher ? I only know about "utterances" or removing "can_speak" but that also removes their nobles and names. I dont want "evil dude 1 the evil dude" attacking, but invaders with names.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 544