Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: First thoughts.  (Read 88737 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First thoughts.
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:54 am »

Find an actual, transformed were-beast and let it savage you. See, progress.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 15, 2012, 04:40:54 am »

Without it killing me, or removing my guy's ability to walk.  Okay.  Still can't seem to do ANYTHING with the crypts, there's nothing to steal.  Just a lot of statues, a coffin and sarcophagus, and peasant skeleton corpses lined against the walls. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #287 on: February 15, 2012, 04:44:20 am »

The animal people are the only major thing I dont like in thus release so far. Mayby they are going to be tweaked a bit in future release. Too damn common.

The mental image of expedition leader seeing a human dressed as a bird sitting in a tree making bird sounds is pretty hilarious though.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 15, 2012, 05:51:28 am »

First, any editing done to d_init doesn't seem to work. I turned on seasonal autosaves, FPS display, flow amounts and popcap, yet none of them have actually applied to the game. However, I removed aquifers from all layers in the init notepad and it seems to have applied perfectly.

Having the similar d_init-problems.
I have:

[AUTOSAVE:SEASONAL]
[AUTOSAVE_PAUSE:Yes]
The Seasonal-autosave works----the Pause not.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2012, 07:20:13 am »

I think the YES/NO needs to be uppercase.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2012, 08:00:41 am »

I think the YES/NO needs to be uppercase.

I think so as well.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2012, 08:04:03 am »

....DOH.
That was kinda stupid of me. I should have seen that.
Thanks  ;)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2012, 08:20:43 am »

Has pressure been reworked or do brooks just not provide it? I build a tunnel like this

X######B
  XXXXXXXXr

Side view, X is tunnel r is ramp B is brook. The water does not rise to the level of the brook.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 15, 2012, 08:55:14 am »

Awww... how I have missed you old friend.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #294 on: February 15, 2012, 09:02:49 am »

Awww... how I have missed you old friend.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That'll do Kobold, that'll do ;)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 15, 2012, 09:06:24 am »

Yep, confirming that you can now use any stone like a gem - cut and set them. Must have been the cabochon update, since ostriches turn any stone into gem-like items, the game let gem cutters do the same. Not sure if that should be treated as a bug to be fixed - this gives players the chance to decorate items with stone now (pitchblende studded baubles for the elves) and makes the gem industry much easier to train up.

As before though, only one decoration for each type of gem/stone per item, regardless of the different numbers of cuts you've got - e.g. pear-cut milk opals and square-cut milk opals are both considered the same "cut milk opals" when it comes to item selection for decorating.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2012, 09:10:30 am »

Yep, confirming that you can now use any stone like a gem - cut and set them. Must have been the cabochon update, since ostriches turn any stone into gem-like items, the game let gem cutters do the same. Not sure if that should be treated as a bug to be fixed - this gives players the chance to decorate items with stone now (pitchblende studded baubles for the elves) and makes the gem industry much easier to train up.

As before though, only one decoration for each type of gem/stone per item, regardless of the different numbers of cuts you've got - e.g. pear-cut milk opals and square-cut milk opals are both considered the same "cut milk opals" when it comes to item selection for decorating.
What? Ostriches? I don't think there's anything buggy about cutting and polishing stones for decorative purposes.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24:47 am »

What? Ostriches? I don't think there's anything buggy about cutting and polishing stones for decorative purposes.
I may have gotten the wrong bird, was it a gizzard that swallowed grinding stones? Hmm yes I think it was, I had an adventurer find cabochons after butchering gizzards he killed.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:20 am »

I'm pretty sure some types of stones cannot be polished at all in reality, like sandstone or whatever.

Weylyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:22 am »

No, but you can still use them for decoration. Ask the Egyptians about sandstone.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22