Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: AI War: Prime Directive - Humanity - New Drones Not Droids !!  (Read 9127 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: AI War: Prime Directive - Humanity - Ships! Five of em!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 02:27:07 am »

snip
At the moment we have 10 mining droids, but adwarf forgot to update it.

So the plan still stands. I'll add in the extra things

Humans:
- 30  humans go and work on the farm, supervised by Doctor Ridjin Hines
-28 humans go and help Professor Finley Tells with
A: Examining the giant locked down bulckhead
B: Designing a scavenger drone(Armored, no weapons, tractor beams, low cost)
C: Decrypting the databanks
D: Examining the damaged frigates
E: Make stonewall droids blueprints( Low priority because they're going to cost a hell lot of minerals)

Drones:
- Factory builds: 1 transporter droid(80 minerals) and 3 miner droids(45 minerals) Total: 125 minerals
- 40 repair droids continue exploring the station( Focus: Metal deposits, droids and fuel production)
- 30 repair droids approach the locked of area from different directions
- If food production is sufficient wake special ops team, if not don't
- Medibots continue catalogizing

AI :
-Continue decrypting databanks

TO do:
-Repair power system: 80 minerals
-Patch up asteroid defenses: 100 minerals
-Repair frigates: 100 minerals/ship
-Repair Asteroid defenses: 1000 minerals

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:03:12 am by 10ebbor10 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AI War: Prime Directive - Humanity - New Drones Not Droids !!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 12:48:20 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

By the beginning of the week all the humans are up, and about, settling into their new home, and waiting for orders from you which come swiftly enough. As your orders are heard the group splits into two groups, one lead by Doctor Ridjin who is tasked with overseeing the agricultural farming, and the other by Prof. Finley who is given a massive list of tasks to complete that week. Doctor Ridjins gets the farming operation up, and running quickly, and the beginning to many plants soon to be harvested are planted, and kept throughout the week.

Elsewhere Prof. Finley, and his group go about inspecting the bulkhead, through all their studies they fail to find any hint of what may be inside, nor any hint of how to get in besides blowing the damn thing open. With that done Prof. Finley moves on to his second objective, to making a scavenger drone. In order to do that he takes a combat drone, and strips it down of everything, but its hull, and engine, after that he modifies the arms of long lost mining droid into grabbing pincers, and creates a bin that is welded to the back of the drone. When you requested tractor beams he laughed, and said something about that being the most expensive single piece they add to capital ships. Compared to that recreating the stonewall drone blueprints is easy, and he has it done in fifteen minutes.

Taking a break from the actual hard parts of the job Finley takes his team down to inspect the frigates, and he manages to recreate their make-up for a blueprint, but to make them you'll need a Frigate Shipyard, which you don't have the drones, nor the facilities to make on this station. With all other tasks done him, and his team move onto cracking the databank you already weakened, he reports they'll have it, and the others done in two weeks with no distractions though he doubts anything will be on them besides star-maps.

Your Factory uses that weeks mineral income to help create three more Mining Droids for work within the asteroid mine. You try to build a transport bot, but you do not have enough materials to build one.

Forty R.D.s explore the sections of the ship that remain unsearched, and find something that may be of use to you later on. The first isn't a facility, but a Sorium Harvester Rig that can be used to harvest Sorium fuel from stars, and dense nebulae. The rest are just empty floors, and spaces that you may have use of later.

The rest of your R.D.s approach the sealed off area from every direction they can think of, but besides the bulkhead their are no other entrances. Your Medical Drones continue to checkout the humans, but find no one of interest in their search of the first Cryo Bays.

Last Hope Station:
Station Status:
Power - 25% [500 Units of Power Created per Week]
Damage - Fully Active
Enemy Presence - None
Stored Power - 3400/10000
Democra-Brain Status: Perfect
Facilities:
    - Prototype Drone Factory [Fully Operational, Materials: 60/1000, Power: 100/100, Costs 1 Power Per Unit]
    - 3x Cryo Bay [In The Center of the Station. Must Protect at All Costs. Contains 1,000 Humans Each]
    - Sensor Room [Detects All Anomalies within One Light Year]
    - Central Command Node [Houses AI, Must Be Protected at All Cost, but the Humans lives]
    - 4x Drone Bays [Can House up to 500 Drones, Current Capcity: 150]
    - 2x Station Batteries [Fully Operational,Each Acts as Eight Auto-Cannons, 500 Energy Per Battle]
    - Power Storage System [Holds 10,000 Units of Power]
    - 3x Habitation Modules [Fully Operational, Houses 1000, Does not Produce Food]
    - 2x Storage Bays [Contains 500 Food Units, Capacity: 500/5000]
    - 3x Agricultural Modules [Workers: 30/30, Output: 60/60]
    - Massive Bulkhead [Can't Even Scratch]
    - 4x Heavily Encrypted Databanks [Contents Unknown]
    - 80x Open Slots

Last Hope Station Forces:
Drones: 55 Mk.I Combat Drones, 6 Mk.II 'Stonewall' Drones, 2 Mk.I Battery Drones
Defenses: 15 Mk.VI Auto-Turrets, 3 Heavy Auto-Cannons
Other: 70 Repair Drones, 4 Medical Drones, 10 Mining Droids, Transporter Bot, Scavenger Drone
Humans: Professor Finley Tells, Doctor Ridjin Hines, 58 Humans

Nearby Last Hope Facilities:
    - Mining Station [Fully Operational, Miners: 13/40, Output: 130/400]
    - 5x Mining Stations [Moderately Damage, ???, Controlled by Alien Forces]
    - 4x Asteroid Defense Platforms [Nearly Beyond Repair, Requires Immense Amounts of Power, Over 1 Years worth of Repair Time needed with current Work Force]

Important Human Figures:
    - Doctor Ridjin Hines [Ridjin Hines is the woman who built the Medical Drone prototype, and is the lead scientist in biology, and cloning technologies.]
    - Imperial Rangers 1st Detachment [The Imperial Rangers are a group of highly trained, highly skilled covert operatives that could be of great use in protecting the station from boardings]
    - Professor Finley Tells [A Genius, Prof. Tells was the man who created the base design for the 'Stonewall' Drones used in your station]

Misc:
     - Debris Field [Materials: 600, Can Be Salvaged, 10% Chance of harming any Units moving through it [Any Units Leaving the stations zone (Outside all facilities)]
     - 5x Derelict Mk.I Torgash Light Frigate [Material: 0/100 Per Frigate, Fuel: 0/500, In Dire Need of Repair, Requires 40 Drones, and 1 Week Per Frigate]

Quote from: Unit Stats
Ours:
Mk.I Combat Drone: HP - 1, Atk: 1, Def: 0 [Material Cost: 25]
Mk.II 'Stonewall' Drone: HP - 4, Atk: 2, Def: 1 [Material Cost: 60]
Mk.I Battery Drone: HP - 6, Atk: 8, Def: 0
Mk.VI Auto-Turret: HP - 4, Atk: 2, Def: 2
Heavy Auto-Cannon: HP - 8, Atk: 12, Def: 4

Repair Drone: Does Repairs, and Salvaging [Material Cost: 10]
Mining Droid: Mines Ores [Material Cost: 15]
Transporter Bot: Transport Ores, Max of One Hundred a Week Per Bot; [HP: 2, Atk: 1, Def: 1] [Materials: 80]
Scavenger Drone: Gathers Materials from Debris Fields, Max of Fifty a Week per Drone [HP:2, Atk:0, Def: 0] [Materials: 20]

Mk. I Torgash Light Frigate: HP- 50; Atk: 4x Laser Turret[3], 2x Missile Pods[Varies]; Def: 6

Enemy:
Mk.III 'Hivemind' Carrier: HP - 40, Atk - 6, Def: 8
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:14:48 pm by adwarf »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: AI War: Prime Directive - Humanity - Ships! Five of em!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 01:12:43 pm »

Plan 0.4001

Humans:
- 30  humans go and work on the farm,
- 14 Doctor Ridjin Hines:
A: Better farming crops: 1 humans feeds 2 isn't very efficient
B: Medibot design
C: Some sort of bioplastic production( design fase only, unless scavenging is succesfull)

-14 humans go and help Professor Finley Tells with
A: Update mining bot and transport bot blueprints( less mineral costs)
B: Create battery drone and other blueprints
C: Decrypt databanks
D: Large repair bot/ Repair station (If it's going to be very big it might be better just to tow the to be repaired objects toward it)
E: Farming bot/ auto farming stations
F: Misille blueprints

Drones:( Resources 60+130+50= 240)
- Scavenger drone gathers up to 50 metal
- Factory builds: 1 transporter drone(80 minerals) and 7 miner drones(105)
- 5 Repair drones check if the frigates are still armed with miselles. Be carefull when removing them though
- Repair drones and combat drones help transporting minerals whitout taking risks( Not blowing anything up)
- All other repair drones continue to search the station( Priorities: Mineral stores, drones and turret emplacements, maybe some miseles, the tractor beam(capital ships have these, so this station should have one to)
- If food production is sufficient wake special ops team, if not don't
- Medibots continue catalogizing

AI :
-Continue decrypting databanks
-Analyse sensor data

TO do:
-Repair power system: 80 minerals
-Patch up asteroid defenses: 100 minerals
-Repair frigates: 100 minerals/ship
-Repair Asteroid defenses: 1000 minerals

Plan updated because of changes
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:23:35 am by 10ebbor10 »

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI War: Prime Directive - Humanity - New Drones Not Droids !!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »

how much food does 1 person use? -- if it is 1 per week, then we need to look to designing farming drones, or increasing the efficiency of output (30 people for 60 food would mean than 1/2 our workforce is perminantly farming, at any scale)
Are repair drones able to farm?
if so, 1/2 the workforce is drones, with the released 15 people we should focus on searching areas which the drones (which have done all the searching so far) have been unable to get into, or to examine any items which the drones were unable to identify.
how smart are the drones compared to the average human? - i would think that repair drones would have a large library of "interesting" objects and how to interact with them, but that the list might be incomplete.

Also, what happened to the check of the sensor logs for how much warning time we had (how long it was after the hive departed that it disappeared from the sensors), also check to see what the sensor logs show leading up to the arrival of the carrier (if we were in a sufficiently active state)

Blueprints seem to be a quick option - a large repair bot, capable of doing a frig might be a useful plan to have < how big of a drone can the drone factory make? >
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 05:03:27 pm »

how much food does 1 person use? -- if it is 1 per week, then we need to look to designing farming drones, or increasing the efficiency of output (30 people for 60 food would mean than 1/2 our workforce is perminantly farming, at any scale)
Are repair drones able to farm?
if so, 1/2 the workforce is drones, with the released 15 people we should focus on searching areas which the drones (which have done all the searching so far) have been unable to get into, or to examine any items which the drones were unable to identify.
how smart are the drones compared to the average human? - i would think that repair drones would have a large library of "interesting" objects and how to interact with them, but that the list might be incomplete.

Also, what happened to the check of the sensor logs for how much warning time we had (how long it was after the hive departed that it disappeared from the sensors), also check to see what the sensor logs show leading up to the arrival of the carrier (if we were in a sufficiently active state)

Blueprints seem to be a quick option - a large repair bot, capable of doing a frig might be a useful plan to have < how big of a drone can the drone factory make? >
We'll get some scouts in next turn with more information. If they don't come, we'll have a problem.
Also, all drones are more or less remote controlled. I'll doubt they'll miss anything important. Also, an area that hasn't been repaired by the drones yet most likely has no life support systems.

I updated the plan, it should include everything.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:10:11 pm by 10ebbor10 »

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »

Do we have any commication arrays, if so, are they ftl?
have people carefully go through recent sensor logs looking for communication traces, specifically looking for signs of communication similar to what we observed when the hive ship had its drones out (i don't know what we saw with our high-powered sensors, but whatever it was, see if we can spot a similer pattern on any long-range scan traces.

Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »

BUMP

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 07:24:03 pm »

I'm working on a month long update to speed things along, so it'll take a bit longer :)

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:29 pm »

Ok - a whole month :) (my estimate is we have about 130+200+400+400 minerals mined?, plus 50+50+100+100 salvage) 1330 minerals?
a) minerals - we want that mine working flat out, full set of miners + cargo droids (4 cargo, for a total of 5, 4 hauling, 1 spare for trade with other people) (320 minerals) 27 miners( 405 minerals), 1 salvage(20) (725 total spent, 585 left)
power system to full (80 mins)
leaving 505
rebuild all 5 frigs (500)
leaving us 65 minerals(60 in store + 5 left over).
de-hibernate people as new food supplies come online. don't dip into food reserves
that imperials squad first then focusing on any diplomats, or other similer peple, engneers and scientists
b) talk to the guys at the other mines, find out what they are about, find out what they want (we will have enough minerals for now)
c) none of this is AI intensive, 1 databank per week decrypted?
d) is there any chance that the sensors can be extended to beyond 1 ly (given that stars are many light-years appart, and 3 drones can do a local survey in 3 weeks, it seems that we would only have a day or 2's warning?
e)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 09:16:57 am »

You could upgrade the sensor's, but you need parts you don't have. If you find another station, and salvage their COmm Array then you can boost the sensors up to 200 Lightyears. As for the AI intensive thing, keep in mind its controlling the drones, most of its CPU cycles are going to be used to do just that. It sends commands, and actions to the drones, and gets brief video transmissions when things go down hill, but it can't receive vast amount of data over long distances (Such as planet scans, enemy force logistics, etc.)

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 05:04:57 pm »

From when we found the databanks:
Taking some of your CPU cycles off of Drone Control you begin trying to decrypt the Databanks in the lower areas of the station, and after fifteen hours of work you break through the first firewall gaining access to ...

I havn't explicitly asked the repair drones to do anything in the first 2 weeks - all the minerals are going to the factory to make mining droids and cargo drones.

Also, we should have the cpu capability of commanding 500 drones at once (that is the capacity of our drone hold)

In the second week, take as much time off from searching for <fuel, tractor beams, machinery ...> to completely decrypt 1 of the data banks. If this is completed in less than 42 hours, continue all week with the other 3 (4x42 = whole week of AI dedicated to decryption),

This leaves me with the problem that we can't use all the minerals -- we don't have enough drones.
(2 weeks = 140 repair + however much help the humans can provide)
repair priority : power, asteroid defenses, 2 frigs, ... (270 minerals spare - more repair, or combat drones) ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:35:31 pm by andy_t_roo »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »

If we can we should  patch up the asteroid defense systems too.

My priorities are:

Power, asteroid pacthup(&100 metal); frigates.

We don't have the fuel to use them yet so they are vritually useless for now.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:01 pm »

this Democra-Brain unit concedes the point - frigates should be low priority until fuel is found. - plan revised
Pages: 1 2 [3]