Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Free Web Browser-based MMORTS: Illyriad// Limited Recruiting for Bay12 Alliance!  (Read 57125 times)

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile

18!? Wow.

Girlscoutbob pretty much covered it all. Basic res from caravans, others from cotters/skinners/miners/herbalists.
I don't really like the idea of cottages, it impedes growth other than economical growth, which, naturally like everything, will die out, since your upper limit in levels is the number of vacant plots you have.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Signed up a number of days ago. In game name: Urist McLord

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow. I've just started playing this. And after saying hello in the global chat, I was flooded with incoming caravans. This is probably the most generous community I've ever seen!

Edit: Oh, and I would also like to join the StA. My name is Zappy9 and I'm at 184|228 in Norweld. I'm playing as a dwarf.

Edit Edit: Scratch that. I'm waiting for a bit before joining StA.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:14:12 am by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Yeah, the community is really great so far. It's the first game of its kind that I've played where veteran players don't just treat new players as prey. I'm really looking forward to the enhancements they have planned for later this year, too.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile

Hey everyone, decide to come back to this with an an new account and an new try, my name is Xeno-Evils and currently in Tor Carrocr

GirlscoutBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome, invite sent. Always great to see folks return! :D

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile

I just joined a few days ago and I am quite enjoying this game: would it be possible for you to send me an invite? I think I might move in after the newbie protection is over. Currently, I am in Norweld.

My username is Univine, by the way.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

I still need to move my hamlet closer to everyone else. Does it matter where I go? Tenaril's Spell of Ultimate Teleportation is ready to send me wherever.

GirlscoutBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just joined a few days ago and I am quite enjoying this game: would it be possible for you to send me an invite? I think I might move in after the newbie protection is over. Currently, I am in Norweld.

My username is Univine, by the way.

Invite sent, welcome aboard!

I still need to move my hamlet closer to everyone else. Does it matter where I go? Tenaril's Spell of Ultimate Teleportation is ready to send me wherever.

It matters much more than you'd think where you teleport/expand to!
It is normally a good idea to teleport to the alliance cluster before you are around 450 population, since we are able to support each other very effectively there. This will allow you to grow and expand much faster. We have our core clusters in Southern Azura, Windseeker Isle (Rill Archipelago), and Farra Isle (I'll send you a IGM with favourable locations in these areas asap!).
Having these strong regional clusters has proven to give us a massive advantage over other alliances over the years.

You are always welcome to settle in far-off and exotic lands though; Many of my cities and colonies are settled very far away from the alliance cluster for trading/gathering purposes, however if a war ever breaks out I expect to sacrifice my satellite colonies in favour of defending the homeland :P

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

That would be great -- my IGM is SleepyFellow. I'd love to move to one of the cores, so long as I don't annoy anyone in the alliance by taking up an expansion spot.

Should I build a vault? If I want to focus on cavalry, what are some good defensive troops since cavalry probably isn't well suited for that? Finally, do I need to build some crafting spots to make the armor and weapons for the troops?

I haven't built a single soldier yet. I should probably do that soon, heh.

Thanks!

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile

That would be great -- my IGM is SleepyFellow. I'd love to move to one of the cores, so long as I don't annoy anyone in the alliance by taking up an expansion spot.

1. Should I build a vault?
2. If I want to focus on cavalry, what are some good defensive troops since cavalry probably isn't well suited for that?
3. Finally, do I need to build some crafting spots to make the armor and weapons for the troops?

I haven't built a single soldier yet. I should probably do that soon, heh.

Thanks!

1. Vaults are, pretty much, useless, as said by many people.
2. Archers would be best, otherwise, it's infantry.
3. Crafting is for special armor/weapons/etc. I (ign is RoaryStar) already have a city for that, just mail me and send me the resources, and I'll make it for you. The city is 02 Roance.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile

When would it be a good idea to move my capitol to the main area?

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info, RoaryStar!

Too bad vaults are useless, I'm glad I hadn't built one yet. Was afraid to waste a valuable open space on it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:53:57 pm by SeaBee »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Tournaments

StA placed 20th globally.

From an officer of the #1 alliance "A special mention to the hardest tourney fighters pound for pound anywhere, StA, too! God you folks are tough! Well done!"

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquare/35

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:55:49 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I just joined StA and was wondering where I should settle. I have been considering -622|-814 in southern Azura, since it's quite close to some good plots and the other cities, without being too intrusive.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19